Windows 10: Calculator launches with blank blue display?

Discus and support Calculator launches with blank blue display? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been running Win10 for almost a year. In the last week or so, my Calculator app has started a weird behavior. Usually when I launch it (from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by garyfritz, Aug 30, 2017.

1. garyfritz Win User

Calculator launches with blank blue display?

I've been running Win10 for almost a year. In the last week or so, my Calculator app has started a weird behavior. Usually when I launch it (from the Run dialog), it displays the app window -- but it's all blue with a white calculator icon in the center. Basically it's what displays BEFORE the app paints all the calculator keys / display / etc.

If I immediately launch it again, it displays properly. I can keep launching and every one displays properly. Then if I come back and launch it a few hours later, it displays the blue window.

!??

:)

garyfritz, Aug 30, 2017
  2. ereilad Win User

Windows Store will no longer come up after the last update in my Windows 10 desktop.

When I launch the store App I get a full screen blank blue screen for a few seconds and then that goes away and things return to the way they were before the store App was launched. This happened yesterday every time I tried to launch the App and it is
    happening again today.

There is no error message.

This has happened since the last update to Windows 10.

Everything seemed normal before.

I can still use some of the Microsoft Apps I have already installed, but the calculator doesn't work any more either. It tries to start and then crashes just like the store App.

Windows App troubleshooter didn't resolve the issue.

ereilad, Aug 30, 2017
  3. Windows programs won't launch

Hello Anju,

First, please note that the problem is that default Microsoft programs/apps don't launch. After launching, they immediately close again. This is not a problem about blue screen, because I don't have any blue screens anymore.

I've tried the second method and it didn't help; the programs (for example calculator, weather and photo viewer) still immediately close after launching.

WillemCijsouw, Aug 30, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

I just checked mine from the Run on both the Insider Preview and the Released versions of 1703 and got the blue tile with white calculator symbol just long enough to see it before the calculator itself opened, seemed normal. But then I use the Moffsoft FreeCalc as Treasurer of our church as it has a tape function which is handy for me so for commonality I also use it at home.

Berton, Aug 30, 2017
  5. garyfritz Win User
    No suggestions? This has been happening very consistently, but only for the last few weeks.

garyfritz, Sep 3, 2017
  6. I have this same problem, and its not limited to the calculator app. Its any app that uses the "metro" style tile window, ie store apps. Even my system settings app does this. Have to open everything twice to get it to display. I have no answer for a solution.

RickKukiela, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Calculator launches with blank blue display? - Similar Threads - Calculator launches blank

2. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.: Hi Microsoft Community, I really hope that you can provide a possible solution to my problem. I'm an employee working for an MNC and supporting internal users. One of my user has a problem with Windows calculator app. The Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes...
  3. Latest Calculator App Taskbar Icon Blank

Latest Calculator App Taskbar Icon Blank: Since the update to the Calculator app v 10.1906.53.0 today, the taskbar icon is now blank - the other apps work OK. Has anyone else noticed this? 138916
  4. Desjtop display is blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desjtop display is blank: My desktop is blank. The location is on my data drive. But it does not display as a main window on my monitor.Destop display is blank. If I load it as a folder with document icon - everything is in the foldee....
  5. Consistent blank blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent blank blue screen: Hello, I've recently reset my laptop and have started to regularly experience a blank blue screen on startup. The laptop fully boots up and instead of the lock screen, I am sometimes greeted with a blank blue screen. It is fully blank, no error message, no cursor, nothing....
  6. Blank blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank blue screen: I updated to windows-10 and when I went to Facebook the website wouldn't fit so I had to keep scrolling to the right to get to all of the website. Like right now I use a long line to post, this happens in Facebook. I went to play Words with Friends and all I got was a blue...
  7. Calculator hamburger menu won't display

Calculator hamburger menu won't display: When I click the 3-bar hamburger menu icon I get a brief flash and then nothing. Any fix? Reinstall calculator? 40344
  8. blank pale blue screen on restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    blank pale blue screen on restarting: Thanks, guys: I did download it and try to run it on 1709, RS4 Insider Previews, and RS5 Skip Ahead Previews, but because I'm up-to-date and didn't want to stand up a VM to artificially test its workability, I couldn't see if it would work or not because none of my images...
  9. Display Blank : Analog Input?????

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Blank : Analog Input?????: My new PC has a blank screen with the message : 1. Analog input, cannot display this video mode. I recently upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10 on my new Dell Inspiron. I have an older PC right next to it with WinXP. Both are using Dell flat panel digital displays. After the...
  10. Blank Blue Screen HELP :-(

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Blue Screen HELP :-(: Hi, I have been trying to download windows 10 on my laptop (windows 7). It does the download and looks like it is all downloading fine and it starts rebooting and then it goes to a blank blue screen and doesn't go off the screen. I have to turn my laptop off just to do...