Windows 10: Calculator launches with blank blue display?

Discus and support Calculator launches with blank blue display? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been running Win10 for almost a year. In the last week or so, my Calculator app has started a weird behavior. Usually when I launch it (from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by garyfritz, Aug 30, 2017.

1. garyfritz Win User

Calculator launches with blank blue display?

I've been running Win10 for almost a year. In the last week or so, my Calculator app has started a weird behavior. Usually when I launch it (from the Run dialog), it displays the app window -- but it's all blue with a white calculator icon in the center. Basically it's what displays BEFORE the app paints all the calculator keys / display / etc.

If I immediately launch it again, it displays properly. I can keep launching and every one displays properly. Then if I come back and launch it a few hours later, it displays the blue window.

!??

:)

garyfritz, Aug 30, 2017
  2. ereilad Win User

Windows Store will no longer come up after the last update in my Windows 10 desktop.

When I launch the store App I get a full screen blank blue screen for a few seconds and then that goes away and things return to the way they were before the store App was launched. This happened yesterday every time I tried to launch the App and it is
    happening again today.

There is no error message.

This has happened since the last update to Windows 10.

Everything seemed normal before.

I can still use some of the Microsoft Apps I have already installed, but the calculator doesn't work any more either. It tries to start and then crashes just like the store App.

Windows App troubleshooter didn't resolve the issue.

ereilad, Aug 30, 2017
  3. Windows programs won't launch

Hello Anju,

First, please note that the problem is that default Microsoft programs/apps don't launch. After launching, they immediately close again. This is not a problem about blue screen, because I don't have any blue screens anymore.

I've tried the second method and it didn't help; the programs (for example calculator, weather and photo viewer) still immediately close after launching.

WillemCijsouw, Aug 30, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

I just checked mine from the Run on both the Insider Preview and the Released versions of 1703 and got the blue tile with white calculator symbol just long enough to see it before the calculator itself opened, seemed normal. But then I use the Moffsoft FreeCalc as Treasurer of our church as it has a tape function which is handy for me so for commonality I also use it at home.

Berton, Aug 30, 2017
  5. garyfritz Win User
    No suggestions? This has been happening very consistently, but only for the last few weeks.

garyfritz, Sep 3, 2017
  6. I have this same problem, and its not limited to the calculator app. Its any app that uses the "metro" style tile window, ie store apps. Even my system settings app does this. Have to open everything twice to get it to display. I have no answer for a solution.

RickKukiela, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Calculator launches with blank blue display? - Similar Threads - Calculator launches blank

2. Windows Calculator blank icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Calculator blank icon: Suddenly my calculator in windows shows a blank file icon and not a calculator icon. When i open the blank file icon then the calc. seems to work. But how can i change the icon to a calculator and not a blank file icon ? submitted by /u/Nifferothix [link] [comments]...
  3. Default calculator buttons are all blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default calculator buttons are all blank: I am trying to use the default calculator program on Windows 10, but yesterday out of the blue, all of the calculator's buttons turned blank white.I've tried to reset the program from the "Default apps" section, as well as restarting the computer. The buttons will become...
  4. Default calculator buttons are all blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default calculator buttons are all blank: I am trying to use the default calculator program on Windows 10, but yesterday out of the blue, all of the calculator's buttons turned blank white.I've tried to reset the program from the "Default apps" section, as well as restarting the computer. The buttons will become...
  5. Default calculator buttons are all blank

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Blank Display

Blank Display: I have windows 10 laptop which i bought 2 days ago. Last night when i was going to **** my laptop off i got the option update and shut down. I did that and after a while my laptop shut down and i went to sleep. The next morning when i turned my device on and tried to work, i...
  7. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.: my computer updated with another windows update, upon this the Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched. i have tried a reset on app, uninstall and reinstall. still not working...
  8. Esc button suddenly launches Calculator

Esc button suddenly launches Calculator: My Esc key suddenly launches the Calculator app whenever I press it or even when in conjunction with other keys (eg. Ctrl+Esc). Updated to v1909 last Nov 14. (KB4524570)...
  9. Calculator App Launches On Its Own

Calculator App Launches On Its Own: Hello, everyone. I've been having an odd issue with my Calculator App for the last month or so: it launches on its own at random points in time, and I've been unable to find out why, or to make it stop. I'm on Windows 10 Home, Version 1903. So far, it seems to be connected...
  10. Latest Calculator App Taskbar Icon Blank

Latest Calculator App Taskbar Icon Blank: Since the update to the Calculator app v 10.1906.53.0 today, the taskbar icon is now blank - the other apps work OK. Has anyone else noticed this? 138916

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows calculator becomes blue