Windows 10: calculator/mail doesn't work

Discus and support calculator/mail doesn't work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try open calculator or mail or any other application I can see it trying to open for a brief moment but then it closed immediately. what can i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Toys123, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Toys123 Win User

calculator/mail doesn't work

Toys123, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. calculator/mail doesn't work :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 7, 2020
  3. GAMhackER Win User
    Calculator doesn't start!

It should be Calculator I guess in 3rd point! calculator/mail doesn't work :p

GAMhackER, Jul 7, 2020
  4. calculator/mail doesn't work

Calculator doesn't start!

Hi Gamhacker,

We appreciate your time and efforts to get back to us.

As the issue persists only with the calculator app, you may try to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the Calculator
    app.

• Open the Start menu, type
      Windows PowerShell
      in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Photos app.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCalculator* | remove-appxpackage
    Note: After performing the above steps, install the Calculator app form the Windows store.

Now, you may try to open the Calculator app and check the functionality.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

calculator/mail doesn't work

1. calculator/mail doesn't work - Similar Threads - calculator mail doesn't

2. The calculator doesn't calculate right.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The calculator doesn't calculate right.: Typing 5+5*2 gives the answer 20Should be 15 as multiplication always comes before addition/subtraction.This is the result of the calculator assuming that when you continue writing it should calculate at each step.Please fix this because it does not make a useful product when...
  3. The calculator doesn't calculate right.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The calculator doesn't calculate right.: Typing 5+5*2 gives the answer 20Should be 15 as multiplication always comes before addition/subtraction.This is the result of the calculator assuming that when you continue writing it should calculate at each step.Please fix this because it does not make a useful product when...
  4. Mail and calculator app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and calculator app not working: My mail and calculator app not working. The 2 apps not working when I open it the app will not open. It is not on the task manager as well. No background apps are opened when I run the apps. How can I use those apps?...
  5. Mail and calculator app not working

Mail and calculator app not working: My mail and calculator app not working. The 2 apps not working when I open it the app will not open. It is not on the task manager as well. No background apps are opened when I run the apps. How can I use those apps?...
  6. Calculator applications doesn't work...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calculator applications doesn't work...: Why does calculator,calander ..doesn't open in windows 10 operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-applications-doesnt-work/e593400e-5277-4c4c-8593-e246d74e3592
  7. calculator doesn't work anymore after last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    calculator doesn't work anymore after last update: after the last update i can't open the calculator, for someone who uses it often this is very annoying. edit: version 2004 - kb4586781 was the last update i mentioned submitted by /u/mjklsimpson [link] [comments]...
  8. Calculator and mail apps not opening

Calculator and mail apps not opening: Hello, when i click on the mail or calculator app they will start up than close down. I gave tried resting them, i have created another account it has the same issues. That has started happening after the last upgrade....
  9. calculator not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    calculator not working: calculator not able to open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-not-working/4de236bb-90f3-4f04-8c21-98963cc0cfcd"
  10. Calculator doesn't initiate.

Calculator doesn't initiate.: After an update my calculator fails to initiate. When I double-click the app it shows on the desktop for about half a second as a shadow but disappears in an instant. I've rolled back the update but it didn't solve the problem. So now I am trying to uninstall it in order to...