Windows 10: Calculator needs an extra step to calculate %

Discus and support Calculator needs an extra step to calculate % in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have never had an issue up until today. When I open my calculator and try to figure out percentage it give me the decimal and not actual percentage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by trimad22, Dec 8, 2018.

1. trimad22 Win User

Calculator needs an extra step to calculate %

I have never had an issue up until today.
    When I open my calculator and try to figure out percentage it give me the decimal and not actual percentage unless I click enter twice. Not a huge deal but it wasn't always like that.

What could have changed?
    For example normally 900 x 45 x 25% = 10125

Now I get 900 x 45 x 25% = 0.25 = 10,125

Why the extra step?

:)

trimad22, Dec 8, 2018

2. calculator again

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query.

Here are some steps that may help:

I request you to remove Calculator by following the below steps:

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
    2. Click File > Run New Task
    3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    4. Type CMD
    5. Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:
      1. powershell
      2. get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCalculator* | remove-appxpackage
    6. Close the CMD window.

Now you can install the Calculator from Windows store or from the below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/windows-calculator/9wzdncrfhvn5

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kevin Larry, Dec 8, 2018
  3. ElectroZ Win User
    new power supply calculator

I was trying to implement that but run in to a little problem. The stock core voltage is unknown for most of the cpu's listed in there and I assume they cannot be found easily anywhere. That means you would have to manually enter vcore and overclocked vcore and people (and I) hate every extra step *Smile Calculator needs an extra step to calculate % :)
    Maybe I should still implement that since who uses a stock cpu anyways *Wink Calculator needs an extra step to calculate % ;)
    Glad to hear some positive reviews *Smile Calculator needs an extra step to calculate % :)

ElectroZ, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Calculator needs an extra step to calculate %

calculator

Hi,

Apps like the Calculator may not work due to a variety of reasons. This may include a corrupted user profile or a problem with the app itself. Have you already tried restarting your computer after the update?

Moreover, if the issue is limited to the Calculator app, we recommend following these steps to reset it.

Note: This will permanently delete the app's data on your device, including your preferences and sign-in details.

• Click Start.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Select the Calculator app from the list.
    • Click Advance options.
    • Click the Reset button.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.

Let us know if you have clarifications.

Darian Tab, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Calculator needs an extra step to calculate %

1. Calculator needs an extra step to calculate % - Similar Threads - Calculator needs extra

2. The calculator doesn't calculate right.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The calculator doesn't calculate right.: Typing 5+5*2 gives the answer 20Should be 15 as multiplication always comes before addition/subtraction.This is the result of the calculator assuming that when you continue writing it should calculate at each step.Please fix this because it does not make a useful product when...
  3. The calculator doesn't calculate right.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The calculator doesn't calculate right.: Typing 5+5*2 gives the answer 20Should be 15 as multiplication always comes before addition/subtraction.This is the result of the calculator assuming that when you continue writing it should calculate at each step.Please fix this because it does not make a useful product when...
  4. calculator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    calculator: I want this feature back on the calculator, it disappeared, I guess with an update. 15+15-5+2*4 so that it shows a running list of the numbers that I am using. It no longer does that. It only shows the number that I type in and 1 other number. Can this be fixed?...
  5. Calculator

Calculator: Calculator does not come on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator/2bc20bcc-f728-40a6-a685-ff6750f4761a
  6. Calculator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Calculator: I can't use the currency feature. I can't update it. Nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator/ab3e4274-3693-43c2-9e4f-1a76729a4c0e
  7. calculator

calculator: What happened to the calculator, it's no longer in the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator/87a62349-dc33-4e10-bbf7-5f7b99701239
  8. Calculator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calculator: When I press the calculator key is says I need a new app for this, but I am on my PC. What can I do to make the calculator work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator/cb881478-aa32-4f20-bcea-8b0bcf4421db
  9. Calculation error of windows 10 calculator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Calculation error of windows 10 calculator: Today I found a log calculation error with windows 10 calculator app, I posted here two different results from my mobile app and windows 10 app. Kindly I need your support on it. Thanks! [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Need Old Calculator

Need Old Calculator: Howdy, I want to use the old calculator from Windows 8.1 in Windows 10. The new metro app is pretty slow and ugly, I think. I copied calc.exe from System32 and SysWOW64 folder of Windows 8.1 to my Windows 10 but it won't run. I searched the web for a whole day for a...