Windows 10: Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys

Discus and support Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't how but in Windows 10 Pro Calculator is automatically opening on pressing any random key like sometimes on I or L or ; or volume key. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nadeem Siddique, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys

I don't how but in Windows 10 Pro Calculator is automatically opening on pressing any random key like sometimes on I or L or ; or volume key. So I decided to forcefully uninstall it via PowerShell but now itsi asking "You'll need an app to open calculator" so in short it didn't work.

I tried

1. changing my language and region

2. Readding keyboard layout

3. Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers

But none of thr worked.

Can anyone help me?

:)

Nadeem Siddique, Sep 19, 2018

2. Calculator Will not Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Are you facing this issue with the built in calculator or the calculator app?
    If it is a built in Calculator I would suggest you to check if you can open and check the status.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type calc and hit Enter
      and check the status if its opening.
    I would also suggest you to try creating a new user account
    and check if issue persists.

Click on the below link to check how to create new user account in Windows 10

Microsoft Support link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Note:Install all the pending updates after logging in to Microsoft account and check.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Window 10 Pro - Calculator error

Hi Suman,

I realize that you are facing issues with the calculator on Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Are you facing this issue on the calculator app or the built-in calculator?

Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

To open the built-in calculator, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “calc” and hit enter to open the calculator.

If you are facing issue with the calculator app, then you will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with Windows Store Apps. Once this is done check the status.

Open the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View All.

Click on “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter to fix problems with Windows Store Apps. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 19, 2018
  4. N_1989 Win User

Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys

Windows 10 Calculator-pressing "Enter" doesn't give me total

Situation:

• Windows + R -> calc.exe
    • Hit 5+5 keys
    • Hit Enter
    • Menu (or something else) is highlighted, instead of result = 10.

Solutions:

• Switch to the Scientific calculator.
    • Hit Enter twice, each time you open the calculator.
    • press the "=" key.
    Hope this helps Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys :).

N_1989, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys

1. Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys - Similar Threads - Calculator opening automatically

2. why if i press down arrow key in my keyboard it opens calculator Always?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why if i press down arrow key in my keyboard it opens calculator Always?: i Eeven uninstalled calculator still its saying your pc doesnt have an app that you are looking find it in microsoft store. how to fix it or please tell me how to disable the dialogue box please its so annoying....
  3. why if i press down arrow key in my keyboard it opens calculator Always?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why if i press down arrow key in my keyboard it opens calculator Always?: i Eeven uninstalled calculator still its saying your pc doesnt have an app that you are looking find it in microsoft store. how to fix it or please tell me how to disable the dialogue box please its so annoying....
  4. My keyboard is pressing keys automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is pressing keys automatically: my keyboard is pressing keys automatically! I’m stuck in the login screen and I can’t use the keys either. They are unresponsive. I tried restarting, unplugging ports and trying other ones but nothing is working. Please help!...
  5. When i press the right arrow key the calculator opens up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i press the right arrow key the calculator opens up: Every time i press the right arrow key the calculator pops up, this is what i already tried to fix this problem:I tried a clean boot and it didn't workI did a reset of my keyboard macro functions and it didn't workI tried a quick scan with windows defender and it didn't...
  6. When i press the right arrow key the calculator opens up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i press the right arrow key the calculator opens up: Every time i press the right arrow key the calculator pops up, this is what i already tried to fix this problem:I tried a clean boot and it didn't workI did a reset of my keyboard macro functions and it didn't workI tried a quick scan with windows defender and it didn't...
  7. (Urgent) calculator is opening whenever I press a key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Urgent) calculator is opening whenever I press a key.: Hi. I’m having a lot of issues with my MSI laptop, whenever I press any letter on my keyboard it opens the windows calculator? Sounds ridiculous but it won’t stop. I’ve tried multiple restarts and scanned for malware with Kasperky. Nothing is working. The only keys that work...
  8. laptop keys are pressed automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop keys are pressed automatically: hi, i am using windows 10 version 2004 on hp laptop. recently i noticed that my ''END'' button is working itself. i tried uninstalling driver and restart but the problem didn't go away. plz someone help me fix this. thanks in advance...
  9. Computer automatically pressing keys

Computer automatically pressing keys: To start off, I'm 100% sure that nothing was pressing on my keyboard's keys, since when I saw it happening I checked my keyboard. Essentially, the windows key was pressed and 'w' 's' and 'a' were typed a bunch into the search box. I've seen this happen before, and now it's...
  10. The home key presses automatically

The home key presses automatically: Recently my Dell Inspiron 3542 started to bug out. The home key would press automatically (not physically). It is making work a nightmare. submitted by /u/RhythmJuneja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghg2ze/the_home_key_presses_automatically/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. calculator is opening whenever I press a key.