Windows 10: Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys

Discus and support Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't how but in Windows 10 Pro Calculator is automatically opening on pressing any random key like sometimes on I or L or ; or volume key. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nadeem Siddique, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys

I don't how but in Windows 10 Pro Calculator is automatically opening on pressing any random key like sometimes on I or L or ; or volume key. So I decided to forcefully uninstall it via PowerShell but now itsi asking "You'll need an app to open calculator" so in short it didn't work.

I tried

1. changing my language and region

2. Readding keyboard layout

3. Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers

But none of thr worked.

Can anyone help me?

:)

Nadeem Siddique, Sep 19, 2018

2. Calculator Will not Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Are you facing this issue with the built in calculator or the calculator app?
    If it is a built in Calculator I would suggest you to check if you can open and check the status.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type calc and hit Enter
      and check the status if its opening.
    I would also suggest you to try creating a new user account
    and check if issue persists.

Click on the below link to check how to create new user account in Windows 10

Microsoft Support link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Note:Install all the pending updates after logging in to Microsoft account and check.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Window 10 Pro - Calculator error

Hi Suman,

I realize that you are facing issues with the calculator on Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Are you facing this issue on the calculator app or the built-in calculator?

Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

To open the built-in calculator, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “calc” and hit enter to open the calculator.

If you are facing issue with the calculator app, then you will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with Windows Store Apps. Once this is done check the status.

Open the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View All.

Click on “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter to fix problems with Windows Store Apps. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 19, 2018
  4. N_1989 Win User

Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys

Windows 10 Calculator-pressing "Enter" doesn't give me total

Situation:

• Windows + R -> calc.exe
    • Hit 5+5 keys
    • Hit Enter
    • Menu (or something else) is highlighted, instead of result = 10.

Solutions:

• Switch to the Scientific calculator.
    • Hit Enter twice, each time you open the calculator.
    • press the "=" key.
    Hope this helps Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys :).

N_1989, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys

1. Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys - Similar Threads - Calculator opening automatically

2. Calculator and mail apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator and mail apps not opening: Hello, when i click on the mail or calculator app they will start up than close down. I gave tried resting them, i have created another account it has the same issues. That has started happening after the last upgrade....
  3. Windows Calculator Not Opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Calculator Not Opening: The Calculator Splash screen will come up, then it immediately closes. That's it. I had previously Transferred the profile from an older computer to a newer computer using MizWig, I even backed up the AppData folder, I'm wondering if this is the source of the problems....
  4. My pc is automatically pressing CTRL key...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pc is automatically pressing CTRL key...: Hi; My HP P261ne & Suraface Pro4(without typecover) when i am typing anything that press CTRL! Example: I press "N"; But my HP laptop and my Surface tablet, are press "N" with "CTRL"!! My surface is using original windows 10 v1803 And my HP Laptop is using Windows 10...
  5. Home key getting pressed randomly and mouse getting scrolled automatically

Home key getting pressed randomly and mouse getting scrolled automatically: i have been having an issue where my home key has been being pressed randomly and my mouse has been infinitely scrolling up. These issue both started at the same time about 6 months ago. Ive updated drivers and firmware on both of these, as well as opened them up and cleaned...
  6. Falsec key presses

Falsec key presses: Soc basically whenever i press space it presses c and space at the same time and the same thing happens when i press c. I own a razer ornata chroma keyboard and am operating on windows 10. I had to edit this post but it sort of looks like this when itype. Hic myc namec isc...
  7. Windows key is getting pressed automatically (not physically)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows key is getting pressed automatically (not physically): Windows key is getting pressed automatically (not physically) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-is-getting-pressed-automatically-not/35ceec6c-17e3-476a-9fd3-2801d99e1ebd
  8. calculator shortcut key

calculator shortcut key: Have Windows 10. Want a calculator shortcut key on desktop. Can only find how to put it on the start menu. Do not want it there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/calculator-shortcut-key/3521af99-b621-4190-876b-ee3a2eba0b9f
  9. Calculator is not opening

Calculator is not opening: When I click on the calculator app nothing happens I tried SFC/scannow and everything is fine. On my dad's user account in the same PC it's working but on my user account it's not. 28098
  10. Calculator,Groove Music is not opening

Calculator,Groove Music is not opening: When I click on the calculator app nothing happens I tried PowerShell , WSReset , SFC/scannow and... but doesn't work for me . On my other user account in the same PC it's working but on my user account it's not now i want create a new user but i have many app in my...