Windows 10: Calculator pre-title vs result...

Discus and support Calculator pre-title vs result... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi fellas, I tried to find Microsoft contact, but finally, I can't find so write here... I got confused so I decided to share with you this bug?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xayer, Apr 2, 2020.

1. xayer Win User

Calculator pre-title vs result...

Hi fellas,

I tried to find Microsoft contact, but finally, I can't find so write here...

I got confused so I decided to share with you this bug?

Pre-title: 96+5*9

Answer: 909

Expected: 141

Maybe it's ok, for the company strategy, but I don't like this, and it makes me do mistakes...

What do you thinking about it?

Calculator pre-title vs result... 2124793d-4a25-438c-9a83-727ca2935cf8?upload=true.png

Sincerely

Aidas

:)

xayer, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Diolba Win User

Calculator is unambiguous with the results

Ok, the WP8 calculator application (Lumia 820) is working pretty much as I would hope it to but there is one annoying feature I would like to address.

First open the calculator application and try typing this while holding the phone upwards (the normal calculator):

15 + 5 / 2 =

Then turn the phone sideways to get the scientific calculator and type the same thing:

15 + 5 / 2 =

Results are different. The result is 10 from the first calculation and 17,5 from the second.

I know that the normal calculator shows the mid-result but it's still annoying because it shows the whole calculation you just typed (in this case: 15 + 5 / ). And mathematically this calculation gives incorrect result (correct is 15+5/2=17,5).

To make this better, I would suggest that the normal calculator should show only the result thus far.

Ie. typing "15 + 5" would show "20" (and not "15 + 5" as it's showing currently) and when you continue to type "/ 2" it would turn to "10" (and not "15 + 5 / " as it currently shows).

Diolba, Apr 2, 2020
  3. swarfega Win User
    Windows 10 Calculator app gets always on top and compact mode features

Why not make a suggestion on the Feedback Hub.

I think this is a step in the right direction. I use Calculator daily.

swarfega, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Calculator pre-title vs result...

Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Calculator pre-title vs result...

1. Calculator pre-title vs result... - Similar Threads - Calculator pre title

2. wrong result by windows calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wrong result by windows calculator: hello i am having issues with the windows scientific calculator where it is just outputting wrong answers like the one below. When done by hand and any other scientific calculator the answer is 2.33. Yet windows is consistently getting these calculations wrong. Is there any...
  3. wrong result by windows calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wrong result by windows calculator: hello i am having issues with the windows scientific calculator where it is just outputting wrong answers like the one below. When done by hand and any other scientific calculator the answer is 2.33. Yet windows is consistently getting these calculations wrong. Is there any...
  4. windows 10 calculator result display truncated

windows 10 calculator result display truncated: With my Scale and layout set at 125%, when I use the standard Calculator and click the Keep on top button the result of some calculations is shifted off-window truncating significant digits from the view. For example, 1 divided by 7 equals approximately 0.1428571428571429 but...
  5. windows 10 calculator result display truncated

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 calculator result display truncated: With my Scale and layout set at 125%, when I use the standard Calculator and click the Keep on top button the result of some calculations is shifted off-window truncating significant digits from the view. For example, 1 divided by 7 equals approximately 0.1428571428571429 but...
  6. windows 10 calculator result display truncated

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. wrong result by windows 10 calculator

wrong result by windows 10 calculator: If we want to calculate 250 * 20 % = 50 but the calculator showing the wrong answer. please reply and correct me if I'm wrong [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-result-by-windows-10-calculator/15d01021-eb5f-45d1-a24c-3c7da989b9bb
  8. Clean Windows Vs Pre-Installed Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Windows Vs Pre-Installed Windows: Should I use OEM pre-Installed Windows 10? or Download the windows from the Microsoft"s site, and clean install my device. Which is best, and why??? Performance or stability related...
  9. The results are in, x86 vs x64

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The results are in, x86 vs x64: Not sure where to put this so if its in the wrong place please move it. Been testing my machine (see specs) with PC Mark 8 Home on my dual boot SSD. According to PC Mark the score for x86 on the home test the score is 2004 and using win 10 x64 the score is 2190. So I am...
  10. Pre installed software vs Bloatware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre installed software vs Bloatware: Hi , I have just bought new HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2 , it comes with 1607 windows 10 build , I noticed alot of HP software apps are pre-installed about 15 application ( for security purpose , jump start , remote control , Hot keys ,,,, ) and I have read about windows 10 pro...