Windows 10: Calculator randomly opening - Windows 10

Discus and support Calculator randomly opening - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have been dealing with a problem where calculator opens up randomly. When this started happening I ran into multiple issues at the same time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lukas Mercl, May 28, 2023.

1. Calculator randomly opening - Windows 10

Hello, I have been dealing with a problem where calculator opens up randomly. When this started happening I ran into multiple issues at the same time such as Windows key, alt key, ctrl key not working and random symbols getting typed _!?_!?_!?.... I fixed this problem by disabling laptop keyboard drivers, but the calculator randomly opening still didn't get fixed so I tried to uninstalling the calculator app. Next time it happened it asked me to open ms-calculator in another app and gave me the option to find another app in microsoft store. I had also tried doing a virus scan Malwarebytes

:)

Lukas Mercl, May 28, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 28, 2023
  3. Calculator Will not Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Are you facing this issue with the built in calculator or the calculator app?
    If it is a built in Calculator I would suggest you to check if you can open and check the status.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type calc and hit Enter
      and check the status if its opening.
    I would also suggest you to try creating a new user account
    and check if issue persists.

Click on the below link to check how to create new user account in Windows 10

Microsoft Support link: Create a local user or administrator account in Windows - Microsoft Support

Note:Install all the pending updates after logging in to Microsoft account and check.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 28, 2023
  4. John Vil Win User

Calculator randomly opening - Windows 10

CALCULATOR WILL NOT OPEN - WINDOWS 10

Hello Maxine,

There may be several reasons why the Calculator won't suddenly open. One of which can be because of a corrupted system file. To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there updates installed prior to this happening?
    • Have you checked the Windows Store if there are any available updates for Calculator?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, May 28, 2023
Thema:

Calculator randomly opening - Windows 10

1. Calculator randomly opening - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Calculator randomly opening

2. Calculator randomly opening - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator randomly opening - Windows 10: Hello, I have been dealing with a problem where calculator opens up randomly. When this started happening I ran into multiple issues at the same time such as Windows key, alt key, ctrl key not working and random symbols getting typed _!?_!?_!?.... I fixed this problem by...
  3. Calculator randomly opening - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator randomly opening - Windows 10: Hello, I have been dealing with a problem where calculator opens up randomly. When this started happening I ran into multiple issues at the same time such as Windows key, alt key, ctrl key not working and random symbols getting typed _!?_!?_!?.... I fixed this problem by...
  4. PC opens calculator randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC opens calculator randomly: Hello, few months ago my PC was opening the calculator randomly, something that never happened and never happened again until today. I was feeling that it was a random bug, but today it was printing random stuff like "**ASDb" with my keyboard in input selectors like the...
  5. PC opens calculator randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC opens calculator randomly: Hello, few months ago my PC was opening the calculator randomly, something that never happened and never happened again until today. I was feeling that it was a random bug, but today it was printing random stuff like "**ASDb" with my keyboard in input selectors like the...
  6. PC opens calculator randomly

7. Numpad enter key randomly opens menu in Calculator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Numpad enter key randomly opens menu in Calculator: Open calculator in Scientific mode. On your number pad, press '5', '+', '5', and the enter key, and instead of giving you the total, it opens the menu. If you hit escape or click on the title bar or something, then it works. But if you hit CE, the next time you press NumPad...
  8. Windows Calculator Not Opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Calculator Not Opening: The Calculator Splash screen will come up, then it immediately closes. That's it. I had previously Transferred the profile from an older computer to a newer computer using MizWig, I even backed up the AppData folder, I'm wondering if this is the source of the problems....
  9. Windows 10 Calculator App not opening

Windows 10 Calculator App not opening: For some reason in windows 10 I can't seem to get my Calculator to open up... I click on the icon and a quick flash happens on the screen and then nothing. Appreciate any help. 67268
  10. Calculator is not opening

Calculator is not opening: When I click on the calculator app nothing happens I tried SFC/scannow and everything is fine. On my dad's user account in the same PC it's working but on my user account it's not. 28098