Windows 10: Calculator, Settings, Xbox and Films & TV running in background

Discus and support Calculator, Settings, Xbox and Films & TV running in background in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I decided not to call this a question because I feel this is normal and not some kind of bug. This was only brought to my attention after I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by totallyunfocusedbro, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Calculator, Settings, Xbox and Films & TV running in background

I decided not to call this a question because I feel this is normal and not some kind of bug.

This was only brought to my attention after I installed ObjectDock, but for some reason the programs listed above started randomly running in the background for no apparent reason. I had not used Calculator or Films & TV throughout my entire session, but I had used Xbox and Settings occasionally.

I have no idea why, or what kind of benefit it brings. I just find it interesting that these specific applications are running in the background.

Above: Random applications running in the background. When picture was taken, Films & TV were not running in the background.

:)

totallyunfocusedbro, Jan 24, 2019

2. Calculator, Settings, Xbox and Films & TV running in background

I decided not to call this a question because I feel this is normal and not some kind of bug.

This was only brought to my attention after I installed ObjectDock, but for some reason the programs listed above started randomly running in the background for no apparent reason. I had not used Calculator or Films & TV throughout my entire session, but
    I had used Xbox and Settings occasionally.

I have no idea why, or what kind of benefit it brings. I just find it interesting that these specific applications are running in the background.

Above: Random applications running in the background. When picture was taken, Films & TV were not running in the background.

totallyunfocusedbro, Dec 5, 2019
  3. xIainx Win User
    Films & TV App

Hi Justine,

thank you for helping me. I followed the steps that you outlined in your reply, but when I reached step 3 a small frame opened, however, I could not edit to remove the device. This was display only. The document appears to be saying you can only remove a
    device by logging in to that device.

For your info I am running Windows 10 Pro in S mode. version 1803 OS build 17134.254.

In the support documents is says:-

How to see your devices

To find out how which and how many devices are currently associated with the Films & TV app:

1. Start the Films & TV app.
    2. Go to Settings and tap or click Show my download devices.The pop-up window will display the various devices to which you can download your purchases.
    How to remove a device

Note You can only remove one device every 30 days.

To remove a device:

1. Sign in to the device that you want to remove.
    2. Start the Films & TV app.
    3. Go to Settings and tap or click Download devices.
    4. Tap or click Remove this device.

Many thanks

xIainx, Dec 5, 2019
  4. xIainx Win User

Calculator, Settings, Xbox and Films & TV running in background

Films & TV App

How do I remove a device that I have listed as being able to download movies when the device is broken and I cannot logon to it? The help seems to suggest, you logon to the device then go to the Films & TV app and select settings. In this path you can
    then select Remove this device. Problem is I cannot logon to that device. Any ideas? Thanks

xIainx, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Calculator, Settings, Xbox and Films & TV running in background

1. Calculator, Settings, Xbox and Films & TV running in background - Similar Threads - Calculator Settings Xbox

2. Film and tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Film and tv: Why haven't they made a app for film and tv on Android been wanting one for years come on just do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/film-and-tv/c3326188-ccbf-430c-ae0e-b4a71aff70dc
  3. Film and tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Film and tv: Why haven't they made a app for film and tv on Android been wanting one for years come on just do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/film-and-tv/c3326188-ccbf-430c-ae0e-b4a71aff70dc
  4. Film and TV crashing?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Film and TV crashing?: Hello I have a question regarding the Films and TV application. I record videos and upload to my YouTube channel using Bandicam. as soon as I go to open the file to view it, the movies and TV app opens up then immediately crashes. I have tried removing it and then installing...
  5. Films & TV App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Films & TV App: Hello, I have a pc and I accidentally uninstalled it in the Films & TV App. I would like to reinstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/films-tv-app/860284b6-65c4-493b-8438-438cf4f70a5b
  6. films and tv purchess

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    films and tv purchess: hi does anyone know if it is possible upgrade or re-purchess tv show or movie in higher quality? the lack of a preview feature that seems so common is missing making the choice between Hd and SD difficult....
  7. film & tv, photo

film & tv, photo: i cant open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/film-tv-photo/1ed719aa-82a6-4e07-89d2-f2a1578ba811
  8. Films and TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Films and TV: Hi, I've been having problems with the films & TV app working correctly after I've been using it a while so I thought I'd do a system check. It found some corrupt files they were unable to fix. Going into the CBS.log they talk of duplicate ownership files etc. I can't...
  9. Films & TV App

Films & TV App: How do I remove a device that I have listed as being able to download movies when the device is broken and I cannot logon to it? The help seems to suggest, you logon to the device then go to the Films & TV app and select settings. In this path you can then select Remove this...
  10. Films & Tv App

Films & Tv App: Hi Guys In the Films & Tv app is it possible to get my personal films to arrange by folder rather than all listed by name. I'm sure I had it like that but something has changed and now there all listed on one page sorted by name. Info - My movies are all stored on an...