Windows 10: calculator suddenly changes

Discus and support calculator suddenly changes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was working with the Windows Calculator, scientific mode. I closed the calc, then when reopened, the scientifc mode changed. Before I had the roots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trogne, Dec 12, 2019.

1. trogne Win User

calculator suddenly changes

I was working with the Windows Calculator, scientific mode.

I closed the calc, then when reopened, the scientifc mode changed.

Before I had the roots function on the same "page".
    Now there's a new button "2nd" that I have to click to see the roots function.

calculator suddenly changes [​IMG]

Same if calc is full-screen.

What happened ?

Can I go back to the previous scientific calc ?

Calculator Version 10.1910.0.0

:)

trogne, Dec 12, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

CALCULATOR WILL NOT OPEN - WINDOWS 10

Hello Maxine,

There may be several reasons why the Calculator won't suddenly open. One of which can be because of a corrupted system file. To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there updates installed prior to this happening?
    • Have you checked the Windows Store if there are any available updates for Calculator?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Dec 12, 2019
  3. swarfega Win User
    Windows 10 Calculator app gets always on top and compact mode features

Why not make a suggestion on the Feedback Hub.

I think this is a step in the right direction. I use Calculator daily.

swarfega, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Calculator

Hi,

Some of the reasons why the calculator app will not work properly are: the program encountered a corrupted system files, virus and malware, and another application is conflicting with it.

We suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the calculator. In doing so, you will have a fresh copy of the application which will eliminate the issue. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Allow the application to make changes, Type in Powershell then, click
      Enter.
    • Type in Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage then, click
      Enter.
    • Type in Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Add-AppxPackage then, click
      Enter.
    • Restart the computer after the process and try accessing the menu of the calculator.
    Don't hesitate to provide your feedback.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

1. calculator suddenly changes - Similar Threads - calculator suddenly changes

2. calculator suddenly changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    calculator suddenly changes: I was working with the Windows Calculator, scientific mode. I closed the calc, then when reopened, the scientifc mode changed. Before I had the roots function on the same "page". Now there's a new button "2nd" that I have to click to see the roots function. [img] Same...
  3. Esc button suddenly launches Calculator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Esc button suddenly launches Calculator: My Esc key suddenly launches the Calculator app whenever I press it or even when in conjunction with other keys (eg. Ctrl+Esc). Updated to v1909 last Nov 14. (KB4524570)...
  4. Display changed suddenly

Display changed suddenly: Hi, When I turned my computer on, my taskbar had changed from black to white as has my background from the result of tapping my windows button. How can I get it back to where it was?...
  5. Display Suddenly Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Suddenly Changed: Some setting must have been changed, as I can no longer right-click on the desktop, clicking on the start button has those options at the top (see photo) I've never seen before, Firefox no longer has a minimize/maximize button, windows explorer's Restore Down option doesn't...
  6. calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    calculator: What happened to the calculator, it's no longer in the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator/87a62349-dc33-4e10-bbf7-5f7b99701239
  7. Suddenly a Key will CHANGE

Suddenly a Key will CHANGE: Suddenly, either the Master or the Slave PC, connected with an ethernet cable, is CHANGING the keys so I get a mismatch error pop-up. This is after using MWB for years now. It has been very stable. Is there a way to ENSURE that when I go through the setup, I can SAVE the...
  8. Changing the color of the Windows 10 calculator

Changing the color of the Windows 10 calculator: After updating Windows 10 a few days ago I noticed that the background color of File Explorer had changed from white to black. I went into Settings > Personalization > Colors and changed the "Choose your default app mode" setting from Dark to light. File Explorer now has...
  9. Calculator

Calculator: When I press the calculator key is says I need a new app for this, but I am on my PC. What can I do to make the calculator work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator/cb881478-aa32-4f20-bcea-8b0bcf4421db
  10. Keyboard suddenly changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard suddenly changed: While I was working on my PC on a Belgian keyboard setting with ! on the 8 key, my keyboard suddenly changed to a French keyboard. I have tried to put it back multiple times, using both Belgian period and comma keyboard settings but neither of them are actually putting it...