Windows 10: Calendar and Mail app not launching

Discus and support Calendar and Mail app not launching in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a new computer that came with W10 installed. Now one week on the above apps fo not launch. I have run System file Checker that reported it had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jon Mal, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Jon Mal Win User

Calendar and Mail app not launching

I have a new computer that came with W10 installed. Now one week on the above apps fo not launch. I have run System file Checker that reported it had found and repaired corrupt files (already!!). However the apps still do not launch. Any ideas?
    J

:)

Jon Mal, Feb 8, 2016

2. Mail, Calendar, & People Icons

I am able to launch both Mail and Calendar independently of the People app.

Open Start > All apps > scroll down to Mail or Calendar then launch them. Or you can right click either app then click More > Pin to Start or Taskbar for quick access.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 8, 2016
  3. Windows 10 on a PC, Calendar and Mail apps no longer working

Since 2016 I had been having issues with Windows 10 mail and calendar app. Today January 17th 2017 I tried to launch the mail app but it kept on crashing...

SAMXENERGY, Feb 8, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Use this tutorial to UNinstall Calendar and Mail.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...a.html#option2

Option Two
    Look for (To remove Calendar and Mail app from current account only) and use that command line on your Windows PowerShell.

After that, go to Windows Store and reinstall Mail and Calendar.

Calendar and Mail app not launching [​IMG]

davidhk, Feb 8, 2016
  5. Hi Jon,

I'd be interested to know if this worked for you. I am having a similar problem with the photos app, but only on my wife's standard user account.

David,

Is the powershell safe to run in build 10586 - I know some people have been having problems with it?

Cheers,
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Feb 8, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    IT is NOT the PowerShell itself.
    Powershell is just a tool for many many different operations.

It is the specific command line that has been recreating havoc for some users.
    I believe it is the command line to re-register apps that causes problems.

davidhk, Feb 8, 2016
  7. Ah ok thank you, so that specific command line to uninstall the app should be ok and confined solely to the user account it is run on - if that user account that is having trouble is a standard account can it still be run?

Scottyboy99, Feb 8, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Yes. It can.

davidhk, Feb 8, 2016
  9. Jon Mal Win User
    Well that worked in the sense that the apps have gone but now when I try to reinstall them all I get is a "we encountered a problem please try later"...

Jon Mal, Feb 8, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Sorry to hear that. Perhaps heed the suggestion....... try later.

Please post back if you are unable to reinstall from the Store.

There is one Powershell command that is for reinstalling all built-in apps. But there are words that this might mess up the computer.
    That is why I am unwilling to post it.

davidhk, Feb 8, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    Jon,
    You can't install apps from the Store unless you signed in on your Microsoft account.

davidhk, Feb 8, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Feb 9, 2016
  13. Jon Mal Win User

Well I managed to reinstall Calendar/Mail but it still will not run...

Jon Mal, Feb 9, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Calendar and Mail app not launching - Similar Threads - Calendar Mail app

2. App calendar not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App calendar not launching: I just updated to windows 11, I tried clicking the date and time at the lower right corner of the desktop. However, it won't open the calendar, this works before on windows 10. How can I open calendar?...
  3. App calendar not launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App calendar not launching: I just updated to windows 11, I tried clicking the date and time at the lower right corner of the desktop. However, it won't open the calendar, this works before on windows 10. How can I open calendar?...
  4. Windows Calendar and Mail app and Money frequently will not launch

Windows Calendar and Mail app and Money frequently will not launch: All too often, Windows Mail and the Money app hang up on launch; I have repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled the apps, only to find the launch problem a constantly recurring one. I'm running Windows 10 Home 64 on a Dell XPS 8930 and have stayed up to date on all Windows...
  5. mail and calendar app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mail and calendar app: I cannot download mail and calendar app from MS Store. I get message there is something wrong, try again, code 0x80070426. Have tried several times over last couple of days with same message....
  6. Mail and calendar App

Mail and calendar App: My mail app will not work. I have tried pretty much everything I can find online to get it working again. Any ideas? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-app/e50f6c3c-83f0-494e-949c-3977104adf56
  7. Mail/Calendar won't launch anymore.

Mail/Calendar won't launch anymore.: Hello, After the upgrade of Windows 10 Mail / Calendar app to 16005.11425.20190.0 the app no longer wants to open. An empty window appears and immediately disappears. Are there any such reports? And how do I solve that? Thanks...
  8. Calendar and Mail app

Calendar and Mail app: Mail app stopped working. Hotmail email was fine but linked gmail refused to sync. Could not access "manage accounts" - nothing happened when clicking on account names for either hotmail or gmail. Tried resetting the app as suggested in help but now cant even open the...
  9. Mail & Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Mail & Calendar App: By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated. [img] 42744
  10. Mail and Calendar app won't launch

Mail and Calendar app won't launch: Hi, I have a weird issue. My mail and calendar app will not launch. This started happening on Friday 7 August 2015 after the first cumulative update. I am on Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I have a Sony Vaio laptop and my installation is an upgrade from Windows 7 Home. Out...