Windows 10: Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings

Discus and support Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, my Windows 10 (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134) Calendar App does not keep my colour selection for my calendars. While I am able to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AmberC4, Oct 4, 2018.

1. AmberC4 Win User

Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings

Recently, my Windows 10 (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134) Calendar App does not keep my colour selection for my calendars. While I am able to change the colours of my calendars, every time I open the app, add an event, or sync the app, my calendars are reset to colours I did not choose.

Not that it should matter, but my colour settings for in other accounts (Gmail, etc.) are set to my preferred colours and does not have this problem.

The reset colours are really ugly and I would like to change this.

Thanks!

:)

AmberC4, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Yorky Win User

Windows Calendar App not retaining 'Saved Repeat Settings'.

Hi, I've used Windows 10 since day one although I've only just started to use the Calendar App since the AU update. When entering Birthdays and selecting the 'repeat yearly details' they are NOT saved despite the 'Save and Close' being activated. When editing any pre-arranged and saved birthday I find that the 'repeat' has reverted to ' a day of the month' but NOT the actual date of the birthday.
    I've entered the Calendar on-line and checked all settings and also booked a Test Birthday entry on-line only to find when editing off-line it has reverted as above.
    See attached graphics:
    Thank you. .

Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings [​IMG]

Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings [​IMG]

Yorky, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Calendar App - Reminder Saving as 24 days

Hello,

This may indeed be an issue with the latest update, and we suggest trying the following steps to resolve the issue with
    the Calendar app.

If the issue continues despite doing the troubleshooting steps, please send your concern through the Windows 10
    Feedback Hub.

1) Run the Windows 10 apps troubleshooter.

You may run the Windows apps troubleshooter in this link.

2) Reset the Mail and Calendar app.

This will effectively reset the apps back to it's default state. Follow these steps for doing so:

• Press the Windows key and type Apps & features.
    • Click the result, and type Mail and Calendar in Search this list.
    • Choose Advanced options > Reset.

3) Uninstall and Reinstall the Mail and Calendar app via PowerShell.

Uninstalling the Mail and Calendar app.

• Open the Start menu, and type Windows PowerShell. Next, right-click the result and choose Run as administrator.
    • Paste the following command to uninstall the Mail and Calendar app: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps | Remove-AppxPackage\
    • Restart your computer.

Reinstalling the Mail and Calendar app.

• Open the Windows Store app, and search for Mail and Calendar.
    • Click the app from the results and Install it.
    • Open the app and set up your account.

4) Send your feedback via the built-in Feedback Hub.

If the issue still continues, please share this issue to our technical team through the
    Windows 10 Feedback Hub. Here are the steps for doing so:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side. Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button
      (+).
    • Select Problem and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

We'll be here if you have more questions or concerns.

Jairit Bet, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings

Cannot set "Calendar" as default app

Hi J.C.Coelho,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check whether you are able to make the Calendar as default.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Default apps from the left pane.
    • Click on Choose default app by protocol at the bottom.
    • Select the Calendar and choose an app.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings

1. Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings - Similar Threads - Calendar App Saving

2. Colour Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Colour Setting: Since the last update the colour setting option for Start, Taskbar and Action Centre is greyed out and is no longer available. Not important but annoying. Any suggestions appreciated....
  3. How to save items in Calendar app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save items in Calendar app?: how can i save my l win 10 calendar with all my entry's on a thumb drive and transfer it to a new computer with win 10 O S [Original Title: calendar] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-items-in-calendar-app/407895df-333c-4229-ba4b-86d1889b2f10
  4. Colour Calibration wont' save

in Windows 10 Customization
    Colour Calibration wont' save: I have a HP Pavilion 15 laptop running Windows 10 Pro 18362 and the screen colour is too blue/green for my preference. I've followed instructions to calibrate the screen and it won't save. I go into COLOUR MANAGEMENT, click the ADVANCED tab, click CALIBRATE DISPLAY, follow...
  5. "Show Accent Colour On Taskbar" setting is not saving for themes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Show Accent Colour On Taskbar" setting is not saving for themes: Hi, I went to check my desktop themes, and I noticed for some reason, switching to any of my pre-saved themes would change the taskbar to this gross grey colour, despite the fact that I do remember setting each of them to use unique colours. Upon some testing by re-saving new...
  6. Account colours for Calendar app won't save

Account colours for Calendar app won't save: (Sorry if this is in the wrong category, I wasn't sure if this was the right one to put it in.) On the Calendar app I've recently encountered a problem. I have three accounts which I have assigned different colours to each account to categorise the events (ie my work...
  7. Calendar App in Windows 10 -- Assigning Colours to different accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Calendar App in Windows 10 -- Assigning Colours to different accounts: The Calendar app suddenly changed colors of all my calendars (including local and google accounts) to some incredibly awful acid colours. For some reason i cannot change colors of my calendars in settings -- at the first sync or input the system reverts to the same ugly...
  8. Colour Changes in Windows 10 Calendar App Revert Instantly

Colour Changes in Windows 10 Calendar App Revert Instantly: Whenever I try to change the colour of a calendar in the Windows 10 Calendar App, it instantly reverts back to orange. Currently on Windows 10 version 1809, with Calendar App version 16005.10827.20137.0 Moved From: Calendars and tasks / Import, share, or open calendars...
  9. Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings

Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings: Recently, my Windows 10 (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134) Calendar App does not keep my colour selection for my calendars. While I am able to change the colours of my calendars, every time I open the app, add an event, or sync the app, my calendars are reset to colours I did...
  10. Windows Calendar App not retaining 'Saved Repeat Settings'.

Windows Calendar App not retaining 'Saved Repeat Settings'.: Hi, I've used Windows 10 since day one although I've only just started to use the Calendar App since the AU update. When entering Birthdays and selecting the 'repeat yearly details' they are NOT saved despite the 'Save and Close' being activated. When editing any pre-arranged...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows calendar settings not saving