Windows 10: calendar app not showing missed notifications

Discus and support calendar app not showing missed notifications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; running win 10, build 18363.592 version of the calendar app for win 10, version 16005.12228.20410.0 i have been searching for a solution for weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by prey, Jan 25, 2020.

1. prey Win User

calendar app not showing missed notifications

running win 10, build 18363.592
    version of the calendar app for win 10, version 16005.12228.20410.0

i have been searching for a solution for weeks now.. nothing works..

if i create an event, and the computer is on when the appointment time is set to notify, the notification shows up just fine..
    if my laptop is alseep or off during the appointment time.. when i turn the laptop on, i am never notified of the missed appointment... (if i click the time on the taskbar, it shows up there.. under agenda, but i never get a notification popup, and if i click on the notification icon, it is empty.)

i have background app calendar set to run, i have notifications for calendar set to show banner and play sound etc..

what else can i try.. like i said, i have read the forums up and down and tried everything i read.. .uninstalling, re-installing, running powershell codes on and on... still no luck.
    win 7 calendar always showed me my missed appointments just fine...
    tempted to use another program, just seems silly..

thanks for your time!
    pj

:)

2. Perry Win User

Make Outlook show calendar notifications in the Windows 10 notification bar

we can set the account up in Windows Mail app, turning off sync for mail and contacts.

Calendar reminders will use the Windows reminder system and display prominently in the corner of your screen, on top of any open programs.

calendar app not showing missed notifications UVUOj.png

Please refer to the steps below:

1. Add your Exchange account to Mail app. Win 10 will automatically configure this account on Calendar App too.
    2. Open Start > Settings > System > Notification&Actions.
    3. Turn on notifications for Outlook and Calendar but turn off the option for Mail.

calendar app not showing missed notifications OLTd5.png

Reference link

Perry, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Can't enable Windows notifications for Calendar app

Hello,

To help you receive the notifications for your Calendar app, kindly setup your account through the Windows Mail app as well; then check if the notifications push through. Also, kindly set the Calendar app as a default program by simply following the steps below.

• Right-click on the Start icon.
    • Click Control Panel; then select Programs.
    • Choose Set Default Programs; then select Calendar.
    • Click Set this program as default.

Observe if your Calendar notifications show.

Let us know if the solution helps.

Vanessa Oca, Jan 25, 2020
  4. swlabr Win User

calendar notification option is missing

Since installing Windows 10 a few weeks ago, I've been trying to set it up to show mail notifications for incoming mail in the action center. The last thing I tried was to uninstall the mail app (using PowerShell), which included also uninstalling the calendar app. After reinstalling the mail app and calendar, still not getting mail notifications, big surprise. But, now have another problem. When I go to settings > system> notifications & actions; the option to turn off/on notifications for the calendar is gone, even though the calendar is installed. Any idea why it's not showing up in settings after the reinstall? The mail app is there, switched to "On," but still not receiving incoming mail notifications. In the mail app, notifications are set to "on." Not sure if there's anything else to try for the mail notifications, but would like to get the option back to turn on notifications for the calendar, as it did work before.

swlabr, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

1. calendar app not showing missed notifications - Similar Threads - calendar app showing

2. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Mail & Calendar app: Hi all, Broken record here again to vent my spleen.Yet again I have discovered on turning on my laptop, that my mail app has been disabled, nay vanished, and replaced with the wonderous new Outlook. Needless to say I hunted around to find my 'missing 'missing' mail app and...
  3. Calendar app not showing notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar app not showing notifications: Hey guys, I have birthdays set up in my contacts and they show up in calendar and other events as well but I never receive a notification in the taskbar, I reset the app and also made sure in system, notifications and actions that calendar is turned on. Mail works just fine....
  4. Notifications - apps missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notifications - apps missing: Hi, I removed email notifcation on windows 10. I would now like to receive a notfication everytime i recieve an email. I tried through email settings. I went Manage notification>get notifications from these apps However my email app (outlook) is not there, infact i can...
  5. Mail and Calendar notification setting missing

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar notification setting missing: hi I dont receive the notification from my reminder setted from time/calndar try icon. system -> notification and action -> mail and calendar Missing option ! system -> privacy -> background apps -> mail and calendar Activated i tryed uninstall and reinstall mail an...
  6. CALENDAR APP NO NOTIFICATIONS ON DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    CALENDAR APP NO NOTIFICATIONS ON DESKTOP: I do not receive desktop notifications for calendar events nor do they appear in action center. I have tried various fixes with no results. I recently cured a no sound with notifications problem by deleting and reinstalling the Mail app. Also, I would like to receive the...
  7. Calendar notifications not showing on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Calendar notifications not showing on lock screen: My computer is a Surface Pro 4 with the latest version of Windows 10, and it is fully updated. I've enabled the "Calendar notifications on lock screen option" in the Personalization settings, and nothing appeared on the lock screen. Even after restarting the computer, nothing...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Calendar app not showing in Notifications & actions

Windows 10 Pro Calendar app not showing in Notifications & actions: My Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1803 (OS Build 17134.254) PC is running the Mail and Calendar apps. In Windows Settings >> System >> Notifications & actions >> Get notifications from these apps, the Mail app is showing, so I can edit the Mail notification options, but the...
  9. calendar notification option is missing

calendar notification option is missing: Since installing Windows 10 a few weeks ago, I've been trying to set it up to show mail notifications for incoming mail in the action center. The last thing I tried was to uninstall the mail app (using PowerShell), which included also uninstalling the calendar app. After...
  10. Calendar app showing duplicate calendars

Calendar app showing duplicate calendars: Starting this morning I noticed that the Calendar app was showing duplicate calendars. Normally I have three calendars which are Calendar, Birthdays, and US holidays, but now I have two of each. Anyone else seen this? How to delete/remove the duplicate calendars? As a side...