Windows 10: Calendar app showing duplicate calendars

Discus and support Calendar app showing duplicate calendars in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Starting this morning I noticed that the Calendar app was showing duplicate calendars. Normally I have three calendars which are Calendar, Birthdays,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tracit99, Nov 27, 2016.

1. tracit99 Win User

Calendar app showing duplicate calendars

Starting this morning I noticed that the Calendar app was showing duplicate calendars. Normally I have three calendars which are Calendar, Birthdays, and US holidays, but now I have two of each. Anyone else seen this? How to delete/remove the duplicate calendars? As a side note Outlook.com>Calendar shows just the normal three. I have the duplicate calendars on both my laptops. So far I have tried deleting and reinstalling my MS account in Calendar. I have remove and reinstalled Mail and Calendar app. I restored an image from last week and initially they were only the three normal ones, but I guess it synced and now I have all six once again. I signed out into a local account and back to MS account. I spent an hour in a chat with Microsoft Support which is always a treat. So far there has not been a solution. I think it must be a MS server side issue, but I cannot do any thing about that. Maybe some MS maintenance has gone rogue. Your suggestions are welcomed.

Calendar app showing duplicate calendars [​IMG]

:)

tracit99, Nov 27, 2016

2. Calendar app shows duplicate events

Hi,

I've been experiencing a problem with the Windows 10 Calendar app - it show duplicate events.

I'm using a Microsoft account (Outlook.com) and have in configured on the computer. Mail app Works ok and syncs. Calendar App shows duplicate events. If I access the same calendar on Outlook.com the calendar show OK with no duplicates. On another computer
    with the same Setup the calendar does not show duplicates, Works as expected so this seems a problem confined to this one computer only.

This Windows 10 instalation is about a month old (installed from scratch - no upgrade from 8) ans has all published MS updates instaled and also all app updates.

Have tried to uninstall the Calendar app, rebooted, reinstall the app, but duplicates persist.

Please advise, thank you.

GibraltarPC, Nov 27, 2016
  3. HC_1966 Win User
    Windows Calendar App

HC_1966, Nov 27, 2016
  4. cedroid09 Win User

Check that event and see if it is recursive. Try deleting it then re-adding it to your calendar.

cedroid09, Nov 27, 2016
  5. tracit99 Win User
    Thanks for you reply. I do not know what "Check that event and see if it is recursive" means. There is not an option to delete the calendar. When I right click one of the duplicate Calendars all I see is a color choice.

tracit99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Calendar app showing duplicate calendars - Similar Threads - Calendar app showing

2. Icloud calendar now showing up in calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud calendar now showing up in calendar app: Hey yall,I have recently gotten a windows laptop for school. I have connected my icloud to my pc in the accounts section of the settings.I did the whole 2-step verification thing where I get a password for a third-party account from apple. This only worked for the email...
  3. Icloud calendar now showing up in calendar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icloud calendar now showing up in calendar app: Hey yall,I have recently gotten a windows laptop for school. I have connected my icloud to my pc in the accounts section of the settings.I did the whole 2-step verification thing where I get a password for a third-party account from apple. This only worked for the email...
  4. Icloud calendar now showing up in calendar app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Shared Calendar in Calendar App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Calendar in Calendar App: Hi All,I am trying to set up the calendar app on Windows so far I used Outlook. My private account is on Office 365. I can add it to the calendar app but did not find yet a way to add shared calendars e.g. my wife's. In Outlook it is shown on the let hand side - not so in the...
  6. Shared Calendar in Calendar App

Shared Calendar in Calendar App: Hi All,I am trying to set up the calendar app on Windows so far I used Outlook. My private account is on Office 365. I can add it to the calendar app but did not find yet a way to add shared calendars e.g. my wife's. In Outlook it is shown on the let hand side - not so in the...
  7. Duplicate holidays displaying in the calendar, both on the calendar app and on outlook.live.com

Duplicate holidays displaying in the calendar, both on the calendar app and on outlook.live.com: Every U.S. holiday gets listed twice. How do I stop it from showing duplicate entries for holidays? I've seen it said that this can happen if the mail app has more than one email account synced, but I assume it's talking about more than one Microsoft account. In the...
  8. Calendar app not showing notifications

Calendar app not showing notifications: Hey guys, I have birthdays set up in my contacts and they show up in calendar and other events as well but I never receive a notification in the taskbar, I reset the app and also made sure in system, notifications and actions that calendar is turned on. Mail works just fine....
  9. iCloud calendar events not showing on Windows Calendar App

iCloud calendar events not showing on Windows Calendar App: I recently purchased a new laptop and I am unable to get my iCloud calendar to sync events with the windows calendar app. My iCloud calendars show up on the app itself however no events are appearing. When I create an event, i can see the event on my iPhone but it disappears...
  10. Calendar app shows duplicate events

Calendar app shows duplicate events: Hi, I've been experiencing a problem with the Windows 10 Calendar app - it shows duplicate events. I'm using a Microsoft account (Outlook.com) and have it configured on the computer. Mail app Works ok and syncs. Calendar App shows duplicate events. If I access the same...