Windows 10: Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

Discus and support Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Many users I have the same problem on windows 10 [img] The calendar was working but was (maybe) buggy. So I log off from my calendar Gmail account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chok, Feb 22, 2020.

1. chok Win User

Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

Many users I have the same problem on windows 10

Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail [​IMG]

The calendar was working but was (maybe) buggy. So I log off from my calendar Gmail account then I tried to reenabled it. But the app get stuck on "creating account".

I tried:

+ to (un)install the calendar (using the UI, then PowerShell as admin), and rebooting. (so I used the last updated app)

+ I waited: I tried again days after days.

+ I posted the problem on the feedback hub, and on the MS store.

+ The email of my google account is the same than the email MS/edge account. Since the calendar works with the MS/edge account (I can add events though it) I also tried to logout from it, and login again, but it did not solve the issue.

+ I also check the permission (by clicking the mail app in start menu, choose app settings. It seems fine:

+ I tried resetting the app (cf. above)

Nothing worked.

It could be a cache file somewhere that needs to be deleted (maybe some file of the Gmail account has not been properly disconnected/deleted so it can't create a new one).

Any idea?

:)

2. Mail and Calendar app stuck on Creating account

All,
    My Mail and Calendar app has failed to work since this morning.
    It stopped receiving any mail this morning, with the reset of the mail app pretty much making it useless.

I have reset the app, restarted the computer and now the next step if it has to happen, a FULL reset of the computer.
    Is there any problems with the way Gmail has been set up today?
    I am running Windows 10 1903 x64 on a Lenovo 330-15ikb.
    Thanks

tornadosurvivor, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Mail and Calendar app stuck on Creating account

Not sure why you are using POP but you must have your reason. Is Gmail set to allow POP.

Caledon Ken, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

Mail and Calendar app stuck on Creating account

Nevermind, I got it fixed. Thanks anyways! *Redface I restarted the computer and it FINALLY worked!

tornadosurvivor, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

1. Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail - Similar Threads - Calendar app stuck

2. Windows 10 Calendar and Google Calendar - Can't Add Google Account Stuck at "Creating Account"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Calendar and Google Calendar - Can't Add Google Account Stuck at "Creating Account": I am trying to add my google calendar into windows 10 calendar. I add my google email and password and agree to the terms and then the application just gets completely stuck at Add an account "creating account". I uninstalled the windows 10 calendar app and still get the same...
  3. Store app "Mail and Calendar" totally not working with Gmail accounts.

in Browsers and Email
    Store app "Mail and Calendar" totally not working with Gmail accounts.: It's been working in the past but recently but it has completely given up on Gmail. It hangs up in various (multiple) ways. I tried to manually install Gmail (via "advanced" method in settings >> Manage accounts >> add account) then it works only in "Mail" side of the app...
  4. Gmail account not working on windows 10 mail & calendars app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail account not working on windows 10 mail & calendars app.: I have three email accounts I use. A Yahoo account, a Comcast Xfinity account and a Gmail account. The first two work fine but when the Gmail account is added it initially comes up and populates the messages. If I go to either of the other accounts it stops working and the...
  5. Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail: Many users I have the same problem on windows 10 [img] The calendar was working but was (maybe) buggy. So I log off from my calendar Gmail account then I tried to reenabled it. But the app get stuck on "creating account". I tried: + to (un)install the calendar (using...
  6. No option to sync Gmail Calendar with Mail and Calendar app

No option to sync Gmail Calendar with Mail and Calendar app: I have follow a million different threads with no resolution. I have a gmail account that stopped syncing a couple of days ago. I deleted the account and when I tried to add it back I entered Manage Accounts -> Add Account -> Google and received the following error. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 Calendar Issue - Gmail accounts do not appear in the app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Calendar Issue - Gmail accounts do not appear in the app: All of the google accounts disappeared from the windows 10 calendar app. They are however available in the mail app. I have tried deleting and adding them again. I have checked the toggle to be turned on for the calendar sync in the advanced settings. I have tried reset the...
  8. Mail and Calendar app stuck on Creating account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar app stuck on Creating account: All, My Mail and Calendar app has failed to work since this morning. It stopped receiving any mail this morning, with the reset of the mail app pretty much making it useless. [img] I have reset the app, restarted the computer and now the next step if it has to happen, a...
  9. Unable to add gmail account to calendar app

Unable to add gmail account to calendar app: Hi, I have a problem with the calendar app. I want to connect a certain one of my two Gmail accounts to the calendar app. When I click the settings button then 'manage account', I can see that my Gmail account is connected. However, when I look at the calendars, it says I...
  10. Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App: Hi I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got...