Windows 10: Calendar app won't allow me to change colors for my Gmail calendars

Discus and support Calendar app won't allow me to change colors for my Gmail calendars in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have an issue with my calendar app (the Mail & Calendar app from Microsoft store). I've been trying to change the color for each of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by byakkoshe, Oct 5, 2018.

1. byakkoshe Win User

Calendar app won't allow me to change colors for my Gmail calendars

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with my calendar app (the Mail & Calendar app from Microsoft store). I've been trying to change the color for each of my Gmail calendar (5 calendars for this Gmail account), but it didn't work. After I changed the colors, about 20 seconds later the app switched them back to original colors. So far I've tried: reset & re-install the app, uninstall the latest windows update, restart my computer. Nothing works.

Additional Info: I just re-installed my Windows 10 Single Language before I found this problem right after I installed the Mail & Calendar app. Before the re-installation this problem didn't occur.

How do I solve this?

Thank you so much in advance.

:)

byakkoshe, Oct 5, 2018

2. calendars

So not really following. I suspect the calendar the phone calls My Calendar is the default phone calendar. When you enter stuff in it it stays just on phone. Since it is likely set as default then it is populated when you enter an item.

The real test is when you click (enable) the gmail calendar. Now when entering items if My Calendar is still checked, and its your default, then the entry goes there. To avoid this I had suggested unchecking My Calendar so you know it is going into gmail's calendar. Then force a sync. Also check to ensure calendar app is allowed to use cellular data and if the capability exists, allow app to run in background.

Caledon Ken, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Surface Pro Win 10 won;t allow me to change iCloud address for calendar

I am trying to sync Won 10 calendar data with iCloud calendar data. When I read the instructions and add account under the calendar app on the surface Pro, I select iCloud, but in the icloud account name it has something like *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, and I CAN NOT
    change the account name (the cursor will not go to this field even though it allows me to go to the other field. Why would this be happening?

Thanks!

JudeBrown1, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Calendar app won't allow me to change colors for my Gmail calendars

gmail calendar event is deleted by calendar app

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

If your Google calendar can't be synced with the Windows Calendar app, then follow the below Microsoft article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/see-google-events-calendar-app

If the issue persists then, I suggest you to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows Store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and Calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and Calendar app form the Windows Store.

If you need any further assistance let us know and we would be glad to assist you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Calendar app won't allow me to change colors for my Gmail calendars

1. Calendar app won't allow me to change colors for my Gmail calendars - Similar Threads - Calendar app won't

2. HOw to share a calendar from Windows Calendar App to Gmail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOw to share a calendar from Windows Calendar App to Gmail?: Hello.I want to see MyCalendar on Microsoft Account in Google calendar. I usually make an appointment with somebody, quicly pust the calendar button in right bottom corner and type the time and name of meeting. But this appointment will be only on my Desktop, but I also want...
  3. HOw to share a calendar from Windows Calendar App to Gmail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOw to share a calendar from Windows Calendar App to Gmail?: Hello.I want to see MyCalendar on Microsoft Account in Google calendar. I usually make an appointment with somebody, quicly pust the calendar button in right bottom corner and type the time and name of meeting. But this appointment will be only on my Desktop, but I also want...
  4. HOw to share a calendar from Windows Calendar App to Gmail?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Gmail won't sync with "Mail and Calendar" App

Gmail won't sync with "Mail and Calendar" App: Hi, My mail and calender suddenly stop syncing few days ago and i already enable scvhost.exe and let the outbound port through firewall. I also deleted, reset and re-register my account into the mail app and still is not working. Can anyone help with this issue? And I...
  6. No option to sync Gmail Calendar with Mail and Calendar app

No option to sync Gmail Calendar with Mail and Calendar app: I have follow a million different threads with no resolution. I have a gmail account that stopped syncing a couple of days ago. I deleted the account and when I tried to add it back I entered Manage Accounts -> Add Account -> Google and received the following error. [ATTACH]...
  7. Calendar colors

Calendar colors: My new upgrade to Outlook changed my bright, easily legible colors that I use to code events to some barely-legible pastel colors that are difficult to read. Can I revert to my old color scheme?...
  8. Colors in Calendar app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Colors in Calendar app: I have a problem with the Calendar app because it doesn’t save my preferred colors. It happens in a such way, I do the settings, close the Calendar, but when I open it again the color I see is default, that I didn’t choose. I’d really like to change this color. My system is...
  9. Windows keeps changing colors in Calendar app

Windows keeps changing colors in Calendar app: Hi, I like the color code my calendars in the calendar app (green for personal, red for work, etc.) but lately when I go to change the colors of these calendars windows resets them to what it feels are better colors... This seems ridiculous, is there anything I can do to...
  10. Calendar app won't allow me to change colors for my Gmail calendars

Calendar app won't allow me to change colors for my Gmail calendars: Hi everyone, I have an issue with my calendar app (the Mail & Calendar app from Microsoft store). I've been trying to change the color for each of my Gmail calendar (5 calendars for this Gmail account), but it didn't work. After I changed the colors, about 20 seconds later...