Windows 10: Calendar Categories Not Working

Discus and support Calendar Categories Not Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently had to reset my laptop by getting a new harddrive and had to re install windows. For some reason, my windows calendar app does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RawadH, Oct 25, 2019.

1. RawadH Win User

Calendar Categories Not Working

I have recently had to reset my laptop by getting a new harddrive and had to re install windows. For some reason, my windows calendar app does not display the categorization feature and I can't figure out why. I have made sure both the app and the windows are up to date.

:)

RawadH, Oct 25, 2019

2. iCloud calendar will not show calendar and categories in Windows 10 mail app.

Hello,

If it's a Calendar app, we suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

• Login to your Apple ID and password.
    • Choose ‘Calendar‘, click on the ‘WiFi’-like Logo next to the calendar you want to see in Windows 10 calendar app.
    • Choose ‘Public Calendar‘ and send copy the link.
    • Next, login to your outlook.com account, go to ‘Calendar‘ in the PC website view, click on ‘Import‘, then on ‘Subscribe‘, choose a calendar name, paste the iCloud calendar link and click ‘Subscribe‘.
    • Now the iCloud calendar subscription is processing and after a short while you can see your iCloud calendar apps on outlook.com.
    • For checking correct syncing, go to the settings wheel on the right upper corner, click on ‘Options‘ and then on the name of the iCloud calendar subscription you gave in step 4. Under ‘Last Refresh‘, you can see
      the refresh period and the number of correctly synced events.
    • Open Windows 10 calendar app. If you’ve already set up your outlook.com account, you will see the iCloud calendar subscription in ‘read-only’ mode.
    Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 25, 2019
  3. MaxKbr Win User
    How to rename and delete categories in Contacts/Calendar

Just an follow-up. Categories created on WM appears just when contact is selected, and with an (not in Master Category List) beside. And as my sync option is to override desktop, it doesn't work if I create or rename a category in Outlook 2007 to use it in
    WM. Working as a consultant, my updates are all made on P4351. Sync from desktop to WM just doesn't work for me.

Well, MS should put an option in WM to rename or delete categories in Contacts and Taks and Calendar. Shame MS....

MaxKbr, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Calendar Categories Not Working

Calendar Categories

SBSH Calendar

I use and recommend SBSH Calendar. I have it on good authority that
    SBSH Calendar
    (formerly "Papyrus") by
    SBSH.net
    will have category synchronization after two updates, possibly before the end of the year.

A couple of years ago, I compared Handy Calendar, AquaCalendar, and Papyrus (now SBSH Calendar) and picked Papyrus, which has categories, but doesn't sync them. I've been happy with my choice. Now I'm running MS Outlook 2010 and would really like to have
    Category Synchronization: I talked with the developers who told me it's planned for a future release (no date). I don't know if they'll charge extra for Calendar Synchronization.

You can buy
    SBSH Calendar on SBSH.net
    for 19.95 USD

SBSH Calendar on Handango for 19.95 USD

SBSH Calendar on SymbianGear for 25.07 USD

Note that SymbianGear (Germany) could end up being less expensive depending on your home currency (EUR, USD, GBP).

Handango Promo Code for 25% off a purchase of $30 or more: GET25

General Info

In order to sync categories, I believe you'd have to have special support for this either:

On the Phone and/or on the desktop computer.

On a Desktop Computer, support would have to be provided by:

PC Suite Sync

Ovi Suite Sync

3rd Party Sync or driver.

AquaCalendar

If you want category synchronization now, AquaCalendar v5.4 for S60 by Pocket Torch has an add-in that allows category synchronization with MS Outlook and Google Calendar called AquaSync v1.0. I believe that AquaSync must be installed on the phone, which
    is undesirable to me. Pocket Torch was bought out by another company (SBSH?) and so is no longer around. I believe that the last development work on AquaCalendar and AquaSync was in 2008. However, you can still find AquaCalendar for sale on various websites.

You can buy
    AquaCalendar on Handango
    for 34.95 USD

You can buy
    AquaSync on Handango
    for 9.95 USD

I believe that SBSH hired Pocket Torch's developer as well as acquired their applications, so perhaps that's the source of SBSH's category synchronization expertise.

AquaSync Ad Excerpt

"AquaSync for Symbian OS. The only one solution for Symbian OS that allow to keep your Categories! Microsoft Outlook/Google Calendar support. Easy of install, easy of use!

AquaSync:

• AquaSync plugin for Microsoft Outlook.
    • Google Calendar synch via GooSync.
    • Small and efficient."

Attachments

Attached are two Internet Explorer .mht files of the original Pocket Torch web pages for AquaCalendar and AquaSync.

Since .mht files aren't permitted to be attached, I renamed them with .pdf extensions. You'll have to name them back in order to view them in Internet Explorer or Microsoft Word (mht is a proprietary Microsoft format for storing a webpage in a single file.
    I now use PDF format for such things).

I hope this information proves useful,

Phillip :smileyhappy:

AquaCalendar.pdf

AquaSync.pdf

AquaSync_S60_v1_0_SymbianSigned.txt

Phibo---01, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Calendar Categories Not Working

1. Calendar Categories Not Working - Similar Threads - Calendar Categories Working

2. Why have the calendar category colors changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why have the calendar category colors changed?: Today when I opened my calendar, the category colors were all changed. They are muted and look very nice - however I can't tell the difference between categories. There used to be a yellow that is now a muted tan, which looks very close to what used to be brown and orange. If...
  3. Why have the calendar category colors changed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why have the calendar category colors changed?: Today when I opened my calendar, the category colors were all changed. They are muted and look very nice - however I can't tell the difference between categories. There used to be a yellow that is now a muted tan, which looks very close to what used to be brown and orange. If...
  4. Outlook Calendar Color Category Keeps Changing / Reverting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Calendar Color Category Keeps Changing / Reverting: I am using MS 365 on a windows 10 PC. In outlook calendar, my Color Categories or "Categorize" color function stopped working a few months ago. pre windows 10. All of my custom color categories disappeared and the Categorize Color tab reverted to the standard "Blue Green ......
  5. Outlook Calendar Color Category Keeps Changing / Reverting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Calendar Color Category Keeps Changing / Reverting: I am using MS 365 on a windows 10 PC. In outlook calendar, my Color Categories or "Categorize" color function stopped working a few months ago. pre windows 10. All of my custom color categories disappeared and the Categorize Color tab reverted to the standard "Blue Green ......
  6. Outlook Calendar Color Category Keeps Changing / Reverting

7. Outlook Calendar Color Category Keep Changing / Reverting

Outlook Calendar Color Category Keep Changing / Reverting: I am using MS 365 on a windows 10 PC. In outlook calendar, my Color Categories or "Categorize" color function stopped working a few months ago. pre windows 10. All of my custom color categories disappeared and the Categorize Color tab reverted to the standard "Blue Green ......
  8. Windows 10 calendar not syncing all categories from google calendar

Windows 10 calendar not syncing all categories from google calendar: I have web calendars added and some other split (like reminders and tasks) on G calendar but the windows calendar doesn't show the web added ones or the split categories and change the name of the birthdays to contacts. It's gotten very nnyong and bad i was wondering if...
  9. troubleshooting on any category is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    troubleshooting on any category is not working: When I click on any troubleshooter I get an error message stating " an unexpected error has occurred Windows cannot continue" error code Ox80040154 Please help in addition it is telling me that .net framework is absent or corrupted please reinstall-that is also killing me!!...
  10. Outlook 2016 - colour categories OK for mail but missing in Calendar

Outlook 2016 - colour categories OK for mail but missing in Calendar: I am running two IMAP accounts and one POP account in Outlook 2016 on W10 64-bit, system fully up to date. I can categorize mail items but in the window for the calendar the categories controls never show, nor on right click on a calendar item (as they used to). I am able to...