Windows 10: Calendar events don't align with time of day

Discus and support Calendar events don't align with time of day in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Using the Win10 Calendar app, all the events on my weekly calendar don't match the times on the left. It seems like everything is shifted by 15... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RyanAlcantara, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Calendar events don't align with time of day

Hi,

Using the Win10 Calendar app, all the events on my weekly calendar don't match the times on the left. It seems like everything is shifted by 15 minutes and the hours don't match the dark lines across the week. For example, the 1-hour events in the picture start at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, and 3pm, but none are aligned correctly with the times. Any idea to solve this? Calendar events don't align with time of day d739ba2d-0869-46a0-b3a4-0804070d4453?upload=true.png

:)

RyanAlcantara, Oct 30, 2018

2. Google calendar event times are shown as -1h

Summary:

When I create a new event in the built in WP8 calendar app to a Google calendar the time of the event is being displayed as one hour earlier.

Steps to reproduce:

Create a new event in calendar. Choose one of the Google calendars configured (I have two configured in my phone). Set time as 2013/07/17 16:00. Save the event.

Expected behavior:

The event time in the agenda view is shown as 2013/07/17 16:00.

Observed behavior:

The event time in the agenda view is shown as 2013/07/17 16:00 for a few seconds. It then automatically changes to 2013/07/17 15:00.

Other notes:

• I have two Google calendars configured. I can observe the same misbehavior on both.
    • I also have a Microsoft (@hotmail.com) calendar configured. This works as expected.
    • When I log into my Google calendar using a web browser, the time is shown as expected.
    • When I use a third party calendar (Chronos) and sync my Google account directly, the time is shown as expected.
    • When I use a third party calendar (Chronos) and use it simply as an interface to the built in WP calendar the time is off again showing 2013/07/17 15:00.
    • The timezone on my WP is set to (UTC) London.
    • I started noticing this perhaps a week ago. It was working as expected before.
    • Phone model is Nokia Lumia 925
    • Phone OS version is 8.0.10327.77

Notes 1-6 suggests to me that the internal calendaring module in WP8 fails to recognize DST (daylight saving time) in timezone (UTC) London or misinterprets relevant information fields on Google calendar objects.

Note 7 suggests to me that this is related to an update to my WP8 phone or a change in Google calendar API.

Any help is much appreciated, this is driving me rather nuts.

Thanks,

Kaarel

kaarelsaal---01, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Calendar Timed & All Day Events

I think it's fair to say the the Lumia 920 Calendar app is pretty rudimentary.

I am looking for an app that will display both timed and all day events on the same wide live tile.

I have tried MyNextDays and Week8 and whilst they are both better than the in-built app neither allows me to do what I need to do?

Is it a Hotmail thing or a phone thing? For instance, if I ditched my Hotmail calendar and synced to Google instead would this solve my problem?

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Airbus---01, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Calendar events don't align with time of day

Calendar Timed & All Day Events

Yes, thanks, I did. I was initially put off by the poor reviews but I threw caution to the wind and spent the £0.79 anyway!

It may have been the selection of events in my calendar at the time - I'm on leave - but it also appeared that if you checked the 'All Day Events' box, you eliminated the timed events from the tile

But mostly, it was because there was no calendar to review your schedule in more detail when you clicked on the tile. So I still needed a second tile for the native calendar.

Airbus---01, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Calendar events don't align with time of day

1. Calendar events don't align with time of day - Similar Threads - Calendar events don't

2. Windows don't boot first time of the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows don't boot first time of the day: Hello there,I have this problem for a few weeks now, my Windows just fail to boot up first time of the day. It's just stuck on the loading screen right before it let's you use the desktop. The solution is turning off the whole PC with the power button on the PC case and...
  3. Windows don't boot first time of the day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows don't boot first time of the day: Hello there,I have this problem for a few weeks now, my Windows just fail to boot up first time of the day. It's just stuck on the loading screen right before it let's you use the desktop. The solution is turning off the whole PC with the power button on the PC case and...
  4. Windows don't boot first time of the day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Calendar showing Lock screen notification a day before event time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar showing Lock screen notification a day before event time: Hello. I have an issue with Windows Calendar Lock Screen notification.I have a meeting at 3 pm, 7 May. At the time of writing this post, it is 6 May, 10 AM.However, Windows calendar is showing a Lock Screen notification on Lock Screen since 12 AM 6 May. Why is a notification...
  6. Calendar showing Lock screen notification a day before event time

Calendar showing Lock screen notification a day before event time: Hello. I have an issue with Windows Calendar Lock Screen notification.I have a meeting at 3 pm, 7 May. At the time of writing this post, it is 6 May, 10 AM.However, Windows calendar is showing a Lock Screen notification on Lock Screen since 12 AM 6 May. Why is a notification...
  7. Highlight Days with Events in Taskbar Calendar

Highlight Days with Events in Taskbar Calendar: Is there a way to have specific cells be highlighted if there are events on the corresponding day? Maybe mark the cells with the assigned color category of the event. Let's say today is December 27th and I have an appointment on January 3rd to which I assigned the color...
  8. Events show the wrong time on desktop calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Events show the wrong time on desktop calendar: I feel like similar things have been asked before but I can't seem to get it fixed. I am on Windows 10. I have synced my Windows Calendar app with my Google Calendar. At first, there were no problems, but ever since daylight savings time occurred in my time zone minus one...
  9. Windows 10 Mail/Calendar Event Time Zone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail/Calendar Event Time Zone: I know this is possible in Outlook but in Windows 10 Mail, when creating an event I'm not seeing the ability to set the time zone for that specific calendar event. Is it possible?...
  10. Event error code multiple times a day.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Event error code multiple times a day.: Can anyone help with this event error I am experiencing multiple times per day? My event viewer is full of Event 1534 "Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details "...