Windows 10: Calendar events showing only dashed lines

Discus and support Calendar events showing only dashed lines in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903 and now have a minor but unwelcome problem with the calendar. When setting an event you get five choices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidMartini2, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Calendar events showing only dashed lines

I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903 and now have a minor but unwelcome problem with the calendar. When setting an event you get five choices in the Show As menu. No matter which one you choose, you only get a dashed line on the calendar instead of the colored blocks. Also, the current day has only a small colored bar at the top of the block instead of being completed shaded in. Below is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. I tried resetting the program and also uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing works, still stuck with the dashed line. Any help at getting it back to normal would be helpful.

Calendar events showing only dashed lines 923ceea3-2cf0-47e9-8e03-133b590a17fd?upload=true.jpg

:)

DavidMartini2, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Laura SG Win User

ActiveSync of Tmobile Dash with Outlook 2007 Calendar- problem with reoccuring events

I am trying to sync my Tmobile Dash (WM6) with Outlook 2007. Everything syncs perfectly (tasks, contacts) except for the calendar which only "sees" and transfers certain events from my dash to Outlook. I read another thread, and tried a suggestion of
    running Office Diagnostic. They said they found two problems and fixed them, and when I resynced, it seems that all my reoccuring events (birthdays that I had set at reoccuring every year) have now been changed on both the phone and the Outlook calendar.
    The phone says "Custom" under the reoccurance setting, and the Outlook 2007 Calendar is saying that each reoccuring event only happens every 12 years. How did this happen? Is there a way to undo the changes back to my originals so that I don't have to go
    through each birthday and reset from 12 years to every year? Thanks!

Laura SG, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Google Calendar syncing

I don't mean a checkbox, I mean when you create or edit a calendar event, the third line (under subject and location) should be "Calendar", and should show what calendar that event belongs to, and by tapping it, you can change it to another calendar by selecting
    the desired calendar from the list.

I'm suggesting that you might accidentally be placing accidentally we events into your Live calendar (the phone's default calendar) instead of your Google calendar.

ToddAllcock, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Calendar events showing only dashed lines

gmail calendar event is deleted by calendar app

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

If your Google calendar can't be synced with the Windows Calendar app, then follow the below Microsoft article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/see-google-events-calendar-app

If the issue persists then, I suggest you to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows Store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and Calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and Calendar app form the Windows Store.

If you need any further assistance let us know and we would be glad to assist you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Calendar events showing only dashed lines

1. Calendar events showing only dashed lines - Similar Threads - Calendar events showing

2. Windows 10 Calendar app notifications showing only "Private event"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Calendar app notifications showing only "Private event": I made a bunch of reminders in a separate Google Calendar, and I synced that calendar with my Windows 10 Calendar desktop app. This calendar was created as private, and it needs to remain private. The sync is automatic and system-wide on Windows 10 configured in the...
  3. Windows 10 calendar taskbar show only 1 event instead of 4 events

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 calendar taskbar show only 1 event instead of 4 events: Hi, I synced my Gmail appointment to Windows calendar but it shows only 1 event. As you can see at 8 Mar in the main calendar's window, it shows 4 events but when I look at the taskbar. It shows only 1 event. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  4. Calendar Doesn't Show All Events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar Doesn't Show All Events: Hey all, In Win 10 if I go to Start-All Programs-Calendar and start the Calendar app it shows all events that I have entered on my Calendar, but if I go to the right side of the tray and click on the date, the Calendar app pops up but is missing some entries. Where does this...
  5. iCloud calendar events not showing on Windows Calendar App

iCloud calendar events not showing on Windows Calendar App: I recently purchased a new laptop and I am unable to get my iCloud calendar to sync events with the windows calendar app. My iCloud calendars show up on the app itself however no events are appearing. When I create an event, i can see the event on my iPhone but it disappears...
  6. Taskbar Calendar only showing certain events

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Calendar only showing certain events: I have recently synced Windows 10's calendar wit my Google Drive. On my old computer I was a frequent user of the task bar calendar. After syncing it on this device I have found that only events from certain folders on my google drive sync to the task bar calendar. I do not...
  7. Events created in Calendar shows dashed lines after updating to Windows 10 1903

Events created in Calendar shows dashed lines after updating to Windows 10 1903: I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903 and now have a minor but unwelcome problem with the calendar. When setting an event you get five choices in the Show As menu. No matter which one you choose, you only get a dashed line on the calendar instead of the colored...
  8. Cortana not showing calendar events from Google Calendar

Cortana not showing calendar events from Google Calendar: All, I have a problem with Cortana that has been going on since the April 2018 Update. When asking "What's on my calendar for today", she responds with ok, then followed by this statement. "You don't have anything scheduled for today" I have a Google Calendar synced up with...
  9. Cortana not showing calendar events from Google Calendar

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana not showing calendar events from Google Calendar: All, I have a problem with Cortana that has been going on since the April 2018 Update. When asking "What's on my calendar for today", she responds with ok, then followed by this statement. "You don't have anything scheduled for today" I have a Google Calendar synced up with...
  10. Calendar app shows duplicate events

Calendar app shows duplicate events: Hi, I've been experiencing a problem with the Windows 10 Calendar app - it shows duplicate events. I'm using a Microsoft account (Outlook.com) and have it configured on the computer. Mail app Works ok and syncs. Calendar App shows duplicate events. If I access the same...