Windows 10: Calendar - how do you add an event?

Discus and support Calendar - how do you add an event? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I open calendar and click on the "+ New Event" button on the top left and... nothing happens. In fact, I can't do anything other than move the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SimonH, Aug 17, 2015.

1. SimonH Win User

Calendar - how do you add an event?

Hi.

I open calendar and click on the "+ New Event" button on the top left and... nothing happens. In fact, I can't do anything other than move the view around. What on earth am I doing wrong? Very confused here. *Sad

Simon.

:)

SimonH, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Velvet O. Win User

How do I add an astrology calendar to Win10 calendar?

Thanks so much for your help. In so many ways Windows 10 takes getting used to, the same with Android which I am still learning.

Velvet O., Aug 17, 2015
  3. Velvet O. Win User
    How do I add an astrology calendar to Win10 calendar?

I am not familiar with any sites. I just started using Win10, I was on XP previously and never used a calendar on my computer. Is there an on-line calendar site that you might recommend?

Velvet O., Aug 17, 2015
  4. Calendar - how do you add an event?

you are doing nothing wrong, that's how you do it

is this with a local or an ms account?
    also, at the bottom left of the screen under the month calendar, do you see a calendar name?

paulsalter, Aug 17, 2015
  5. SimonH Win User
    Local, I suspect. I certainly don't connect to anything outside my local intranet.
    Nope, can't see a calendar name; nothing under it that I can see.

SimonH, Aug 17, 2015
  6. The only information I can find is for the windows 8 app (I assume the 10 app works the same way)

It needs an online account to work, eg Hotmail/Oulook or Gmail

paulsalter, Aug 17, 2015
  7. SimonH Win User
    It needs an online account? Ya kidding! What the hell does it need an account for? A rhetorical question of course.

SimonH, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Calendar - how do you add an event?

1. Calendar - how do you add an event? - Similar Threads - Calendar add event

2. How do you add other calendars than the Gregorian Calendar such as Chinese, Hebrew, etc. to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you add other calendars than the Gregorian Calendar such as Chinese, Hebrew, etc. to...: In the Regional Format section of settings, under Calendar, there is a dropdown menu with only the option "Gregorian Calendar." How can I change it, or add the Jewish Calendar?...
  3. How do you add other calendars than the Gregorian Calendar such as Chinese, Hebrew, etc. to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you add other calendars than the Gregorian Calendar such as Chinese, Hebrew, etc. to...: In the Regional Format section of settings, under Calendar, there is a dropdown menu with only the option "Gregorian Calendar." How can I change it, or add the Jewish Calendar?...
  4. How do you add other calendars than the Gregorian Calendar such as Chinese, Hebrew, etc. to...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I remove events from the calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove events from the calendar: How do I remove events from the calendar? For example, birthdays are showing up and some of them are for people who are now deceased. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-events-from-the-calendar/cbfafdb1-592e-4656-8602-d9fa97528870
  6. How do I remove events from the calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove events from the calendar: How do I remove events from the calendar? For example, birthdays are showing up and some of them are for people who are now deceased. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-events-from-the-calendar/cbfafdb1-592e-4656-8602-d9fa97528870
  7. How do I remove events from the calendar

8. How do I see my calendar events in the taskbar calendar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I see my calendar events in the taskbar calendar?: Is there a way to enable events or do I have to open the entire calendar app every time? I just bought a new windows 11 laptop and was using windows 10 before this which let me see and add more events through the taskbar....
  9. How do I see my calendar events in the taskbar calendar?

How do I see my calendar events in the taskbar calendar?: Is there a way to enable events or do I have to open the entire calendar app every time? I just bought a new windows 11 laptop and was using windows 10 before this which let me see and add more events through the taskbar....
  10. How do you save a shared calendar?

How do you save a shared calendar?: We need our shared calendar to be saved. When I go back and fourth between email and calendar the shared calendar is gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-save-a-shared-calendar/af03006a-f78a-4e4a-b8f2-a44bafa6af2b