Windows 10: Calendar invites on Windows Mail app disappear after accepting without loading on Calendar

Discus and support Calendar invites on Windows Mail app disappear after accepting without loading on Calendar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I received an event invitation today which I accepted. The email then immediately disappeared. When I look in the calendar, the event is not stored... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KM1984, Oct 5, 2020.

1. KM1984 Win User

Calendar invites on Windows Mail app disappear after accepting without loading on Calendar

I received an event invitation today which I accepted. The email then immediately disappeared. When I look in the calendar, the event is not stored there. So now there's no evidence of neither the email nor the event I was invited to. Not in Spambucket nor in Deleted Files.

The event is tomorrow so I really need to get the event details asap. I there a quick fix to this? I also saw another thread where this issue was raised but never resolved so I'm trying my luck here.

I should just stick to Gmail with such things...

:)

KM1984, Oct 5, 2020

2. Add email calendar invites from Windows 10 Mail app to Calendar app

I'm using Windows 10 mail app for all of my email accounts.

I like to keep all my calendar invites in my Google calendar, so when there is a calendar invitation from a different email account I need to add it to my Google calendar. (I have Google calendar in Windows 10 calendar app).

Currently, I do this by manually adding the calendar invite in the Google calendar by myself. Is there an option in the Windows mail app that can be used to create a calendar event directly from a calendar invitation mail?

Sometimes I log in with a different mail client and download the .ics file and create an event using that file. If there is an option to download the .ics file from the invitation email in the Windows 10 mail app, that will also be very helpful.

Thank You !!

Ramesh Pramuditha Rathnayake, Oct 5, 2020
  3. TraolachB Win User
    Windows 10 Calendar - Invite saving to Holidays calendar instead of my calendar!

Hi,

I have started to use Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps instead of Outlook 2016 & have come up with an unusual issue when I receive a meeting invite via email from someone else. When I accept the invite, it saves the event to the Ireland Holidays calendar
    instead of my own default calendar. It then disappears after a short while. Any ideas how to get the invite to save to my default calendar?

My email is synched with an external IMAP provider and works fine.

My calender is synched with my Outlook.com email account.

When I create my own invite it is saved to the correct calendar & synchs with outlook.com.

Windows 10 & Calendar app are all up to date.

any help is appreciated. Thanks.

TraolachB, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Calendar invites on Windows Mail app disappear after accepting without loading on Calendar

Accepted invitation from Google Calendar is not shown on my WP calendar

Hi,

This is a tricky one and therefore turned to you - experts of the community.

Problem: Accepted calendar invitations; when someone sends the request from his/her's
    google account; do not appear to #outlook.com account (and therefore NOT
    visible in my Windows Phone). However, they are visible in my Office Outlook 2013 calendar (readin the same live.com / outlook.com calendar).

Steps to re-produce (aka my use-case):

• Had a calendar invitation sent to my live.com (account converted to outlook.com) address
    • Accepted that invitation in my Office Outlook 2013 application (latest version with latest patches)
    • The Accepted invitation appears in my Outlook 2013 calendar (assigned to my live.com -> outlook.com account) but NOT into my Lumia 920 with #WP 8.1 Calendar application and NOT to my outlook.com web-calendar.

What I have confirmed:

• My phone's Ooutlook account is the primary account of the phone (the account that the phone is linked to/setup around)
    • If both #live.com and #outlook.com calendars active in my phone -> other
      events show duplicate in
      WP
      . But NOT the accepted
      google
      at all!
    • Other events for this calendar show up normally
    • I have soft-reseted phone (several times earlier) -> does not solve the case

So any tricks to have this fixed?

Thank you for your help Calendar invites on Windows Mail app disappear after accepting without loading on Calendar :)

//timo

T Suominen, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Calendar invites on Windows Mail app disappear after accepting without loading on Calendar

1. Calendar invites on Windows Mail app disappear after accepting without loading on Calendar - Similar Threads - Calendar invites Mail

2. Mail/Calendar App !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail/Calendar App !: Although I have reported this before the problem is still there! I have used the Mail/Calendar app for a long time now and think it's great when it's working OK!!! At least once a week I either have to reset it, uninstall and put back or remove my email account and put back....
  3. Mail/Calendar App !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail/Calendar App !: Although I have reported this before the problem is still there! I have used the Mail/Calendar app for a long time now and think it's great when it's working OK!!! At least once a week I either have to reset it, uninstall and put back or remove my email account and put back....
  4. Mail and calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and calendar app: Hi For the last two weeks notifications have been broken in the mail and calendar app. They only pop up when I open the app - which kind of defeats the purpose of push notifications I guess. Have tested the app on a spare laptop - it does the same thing. Is this a known issue...
  5. Teams invitations opened in Windows Mail disappear and not added to calendar

Teams invitations opened in Windows Mail disappear and not added to calendar: When I receive and external invitation to a MS Teams meeting, I click on accept and not only does the meeting not get added to Calendar, but the email disappears into deleted items also.As it is the only thing with the join meeting link I have to manually go in to the deleted...
  6. mail and calendar app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mail and calendar app: I cannot download mail and calendar app from MS Store. I get message there is something wrong, try again, code 0x80070426. Have tried several times over last couple of days with same message....
  7. Add email calendar invites from Windows 10 Mail app to Calendar app

Add email calendar invites from Windows 10 Mail app to Calendar app: I'm using Windows 10 mail app for all of my email accounts. I like to keep all my calendar invites in my Google calendar, so when there is a calendar invitation from a different email account I need to add it to my Google calendar. I have Google calendar in Windows 10...
  8. Mail and calendar App

Mail and calendar App: My mail app will not work. I have tried pretty much everything I can find online to get it working again. Any ideas? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-app/e50f6c3c-83f0-494e-949c-3977104adf56
  9. Calendar and Mail app

Calendar and Mail app: Mail app stopped working. Hotmail email was fine but linked gmail refused to sync. Could not access "manage accounts" - nothing happened when clicking on account names for either hotmail or gmail. Tried resetting the app as suggested in help but now cant even open the...
  10. Mail & Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Mail & Calendar App: By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated. [img] 42744