Windows 10: Calendar & Mail bug, still can't fix it by any possible solutions I found on the internet

Discus and support Calendar & Mail bug, still can't fix it by any possible solutions I found on the internet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/riposte94 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/liitj8/calendar_mail_bug_still_cant_fix_it_by_any/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/riposte94, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Calendar & Mail bug, still can't fix it by any possible solutions I found on the internet

/u/riposte94, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Calendar & Mail bug, still can't fix it by any possible solutions I found on the internet :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Feb 12, 2021
  4. s427 Win User

Calendar & Mail bug, still can't fix it by any possible solutions I found on the internet

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

Thema:

Calendar & Mail bug, still can't fix it by any possible solutions I found on the internet

1. Calendar & Mail bug, still can't fix it by any possible solutions I found on the internet - Similar Threads - Calendar Mail bug

2. How is it possible that the calendar is not fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is it possible that the calendar is not fixed?: The calendar in Windows 11 no longer displays a single month but displays differently based on what day of the month it is usually meaning a calendar month is split in 2. For example, it's currently 26th Jan so my calendar shows the last week and a half of Jan and then two...
  3. How is it possible that the calendar is not fixed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How is it possible that the calendar is not fixed?: The calendar in Windows 11 no longer displays a single month but displays differently based on what day of the month it is usually meaning a calendar month is split in 2. For example, it's currently 26th Jan so my calendar shows the last week and a half of Jan and then two...
  4. I found a solution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I found a solution: I had an issue with my graphics, there've been glitched by a couple of days and the solution was turning ON the NVIDIA settings in all contexy of work, i don't know why but the GPU integrated works pretty bad and made that issue, at least in my case, if someone need help,...
  5. Unidentified Network Error, Can't fix with any solutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unidentified Network Error, Can't fix with any solutions: So yesterday I had internet connected through the ethernet cable and all was well. Connection worked, no errors, etc. Now, I go to turn my computer on today and I get an error that my ethernet network is unidentifiable and unjoinable. It's still a public network but...
  6. Unidentified Network Error, Can't fix with any solutions

Unidentified Network Error, Can't fix with any solutions: So yesterday I had internet connected through the ethernet cable and all was well. Connection worked, no errors, etc. Now, I go to turn my computer on today and I get an error that my ethernet network is unidentifiable and unjoinable. It's still a public network but...
  7. Windows 11 Ping Spikes - One Possible Solution or Fix Found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Ping Spikes - One Possible Solution or Fix Found.: I have 2 laptops that recently updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10. One of them is an ACER with an Intel i5 9th Gen processor, the other is an ASUS with a AMD Ryzen 7 processor in it. After the initial update I noticed massive ping spikes coming from the Laptop with the AMD...
  8. Windows 11 Ping Spikes - One Possible Solution or Fix Found.

Windows 11 Ping Spikes - One Possible Solution or Fix Found.: I have 2 laptops that recently updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10. One of them is an ACER with an Intel i5 9th Gen processor, the other is an ASUS with a AMD Ryzen 7 processor in it. After the initial update I noticed massive ping spikes coming from the Laptop with the AMD...
  9. Possible bug with Mail App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible bug with Mail App: Hey, so I just got a fake junk email to my regular inbox. I have swipe options ON and to the left means "move to junk". I tried to do the swipe, and I remember they worked well, but now for some reason it detaches de mail from the list as if you were moving an object, instead...
  10. Mouse Sensitivity bug, Any solution ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Sensitivity bug, Any solution ?: It started some time ago not sure why. It seems like the mouse is working too fast. For example when i mark text in a web site with the mouse left button it's like making double click on the mouse left button very quick so when i mark text it's right away unmark it and i...