Windows 10: Calendar questions

Discus and support Calendar questions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a ways to keep the calendar as part of my desktop background/wallpaper? As it stands now I have it pinned to the task bar but have to open it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bha19, Apr 18, 2016.

1. bha19 Win User

Calendar questions

Is there a ways to keep the calendar as part of my desktop background/wallpaper? As it stands now I have it pinned to the task bar but have to open it up to use it but I would like to be able to see it when I start the computer. Also how do notifications work? I have ticked the 1 week button on the appointments so will they alert me by emial or on the desktop.

:)

bha19, Apr 18, 2016

2. questions on calendar

marc freshley wrote:

Is there any way to wipe out everything in the calendar on the phone without having to do a reset? Everything is right on my pc but my phone has all the holidays messed up.

I believe Pocket Informant has this ability. They offer a demo version to try out.

http://www.pocketinformant.com/products_info.php?p_id=pocketinformant&tab_id=pocketinformant

Don't forget that making changes then syncing might well bring all those changes over to your PC. I think I would hard reset and start a new partnership if it were my device.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 18, 2016
  3. A calendar question

Hi LillyM111,

Sorry for the inconvenience. The number of files scanned during a full system scan will vary from week to week. There are some files that do not get scanned every week. There are trusted files and trusted files that don't get scanned. The number of these
    types of files vary all the time also depending if there have been any changes to these files. As you delete and install programs, the number of files get changed. The first Full System Scan above scanned 1,100,000+ files since it was a new Operating system
    and the files were updated. The second Full System Scan only scanned 860,000+ files and skipped the other files since they were not changed or updated. Similarly the coming week it scanned lesser files as they were not updated or edited. Let me know if it
    helps.

Thanks!

Dinesh

Norton Support

NortonSupport, Apr 18, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Calendar questions

I'll look around and I know others will chime in but as of now I don't think you can.

BunnyJ, Apr 18, 2016
  5. Top right hand Corner when you click the clock your Calendar will open
    Also
    You can get to your Calendar via The Windows 10 Mail App
    That one will come up All Calendars
    Sorry never seen it work how you have asked
    I use it every day and that apart from pining it to taskbar is the only way I know off
    Also if you have ticked to be notified of anything like Mail or events
    Then a notification will pop up in Bottom right hand corner

hTconeM9user, Apr 18, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Got it.. just pull up the app from the all apps and drag and drop it to the desktop.. it's just going to be a short cut.,. I don't think you have it open like you want it.

I'll keep plugging.,

BunnyJ, Apr 18, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Apr 18, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Calendar questions

I just read through that and It's really not what you want or need.
    What I would do is look for a third party app that will get the job done and there are good ones.
    Destkop iCalendar Lite - Free Desktop Calendar

Rainlendar

I've used both and they'll fit the need very well.

HTH
    Jeff
    Edit.. now I use the latter.. Rainlender..
    screen shot:

Calendar questions [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Apr 18, 2016
  9. DeaconFrost, Apr 18, 2016
  10. You get a warning when you click on download that it could harm your computer
    So just warning anyone who is thinking about doing it

11. BunnyJ New Member
    I didn't get one and I just downloaded it.

BunnyJ, Apr 18, 2016
  12. That's always subject to the AV scanner you have and how sensitive it is. It's a legitimate program that's been around for a long, long time, and I linked to it's official page.

DeaconFrost, Apr 18, 2016
  13. Calendar questions

Thanks for clearing this up then my AV which is McAfee must be sensitive but it is the only one it has ever given me a warning on

14. davidhk Win User
    Very attractive. ( editing : in terms of functionality )
    Unfortunately only for MS Outlook 2003 or higher.

davidhk, Apr 18, 2016
  15. Friends don't let friends use McAfee!! I'd argue that McAfee is malware itself.

DeaconFrost, Apr 18, 2016
Thema:

Calendar questions

1. Calendar questions - Similar Threads - Calendar questions

2. Calendar Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar Question: When setting my Calendar for an event, do my entries carry over to the next year for the same date? I use Windows 10.Thanks,Jerry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-question/037ab49c-b416-41ac-a688-3e149d6fdf19
  3. Calendar Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar Question: When setting my Calendar for an event, do my entries carry over to the next year for the same date? I use Windows 10.Thanks,Jerry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-question/037ab49c-b416-41ac-a688-3e149d6fdf19
  4. Calendar Question

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I get rid of the calendar on my taskbar -- second time for this question -- see below

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the calendar on my taskbar -- second time for this question -- see below: On January 11, 2023, Zadee C. replied to this same question. That reply explained how to unpin the Calendar Icon but did not remove the Calendar from the Taskbar. Although the unpinned icon was no longer visible, the Calendar remained in an empty space. Right-click on the...
  6. How do I get rid of the calendar on my taskbar -- second time for this question -- see below

How do I get rid of the calendar on my taskbar -- second time for this question -- see below: On January 11, 2023, Zadee C. replied to this same question. That reply explained how to unpin the Calendar Icon but did not remove the Calendar from the Taskbar. Although the unpinned icon was no longer visible, the Calendar remained in an empty space. Right-click on the...
  7. How do I get rid of the calendar on my taskbar -- second time for this question -- see below

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I am using what I think is Mail and Calendar for Window and have a calendar question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using what I think is Mail and Calendar for Window and have a calendar question.: This icon: I have a lot of reminders on many days of the week. When I click 'Day' view, only some show up:In this case, I have 8 more reminders that I'd like to see in one view.How can I fix this?Thank you!...
  9. I am using what I think is Mail and Calendar for Window and have a calendar question.

I am using what I think is Mail and Calendar for Window and have a calendar question.: This icon: I have a lot of reminders on many days of the week. When I click 'Day' view, only some show up:In this case, I have 8 more reminders that I'd like to see in one view.How can I fix this?Thank you!...
  10. Question: Can I re-enable the big clock in the Clock & Calendar flyout in Windows 11 in S...

Question: Can I re-enable the big clock in the Clock & Calendar flyout in Windows 11 in S...: I'll get a new, renewed, or used in either very good or like new condition PC on Amazon when $313.29 in July 1st, 2022 money reaches $500 or more per the BLS CPI Inflation Calculator, preferably on Amazon. It'll likely have 6 GB of DDR4 RAM or better and definitely Wi-Fi 6,...