Windows 10: Calendar syncing on Windows 10 in 2019 - no found answers work (?)

Discus and support Calendar syncing on Windows 10 in 2019 - no found answers work (?) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My question just got wiped out while I tried to cancel my ad block. I would appreciate an answer on this. I saw "answers" for previous versions of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by silvanet_1, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Calendar syncing on Windows 10 in 2019 - no found answers work (?)

My question just got wiped out while I tried to cancel my ad block.

I would appreciate an answer on this. I saw "answers" for previous versions of Windows that don't work at all for Windows 10 in 2019. They were locked and don't even remotely fix the problem I'm facing.

I'll try to refine this a little bit:

I wanted to use Google calendar as my default calendar app. After much searching I figured Microsoft just doesn't want you to be able to do that.

I could have just continued to select the Google calendar app every time I wanted to use it.

I already had literally tons of events in it for the next year 2020, and beyond.

I had tried using the pre-packaged bundled Windows calendar but found it was too difficult to be able to do something as simple as click on an event and have a quick and easy option to follow a link to a website (for example, to make an account payment).

After much research and reading I found suggestions to set up my Google account in the Microsoft Windows calendar app's settings and sync my Google calendar with the Windows one.

Here's where things began to get sticky as I could find little if any explanations or warnings.

I didn't realize that the procedure meant giving Windows access to my Google account to pulling all the entries from my Google calendar over to the Microsoft one. Like an idiot, I did that.

As I should have expected, all entries were now int the Microsoft dummed down Microsoft calendar with its extremely limited features.

I thought I could just go back to using my Google calendar -- but guess what -- Microsoft completely wiped out (yes, totally erased) all my entries from the Google Calendar! I'm back to the shitty Microsoft calendar -- and guess what -- it didn't import or sync anything. It just vanished all my carefully created Google calendar entries.

Please, no MS excuses. A simple Google search will show that a whole lot of MSOS buyers are majorly pissed that syncing isn't working. Also please don't give the usual Microsoft buck passing routine about checking antivirus, firewall, syncing, etc. settings and shifting the blame to Google.

Where the hell are my entries? Why did MS wipe them out so I have no chance to reverse back to before trying their product with my entries? What I really wanted was to sync all my Microsoft calendar entries into Google calendar and leave MS calendar where it belongs.

Microsoft could very easily have made its API available to Google or any third party to transfer out the data in its calendar app. Instead they deleted my valuable data from Google. Get that, from Google, not Microsoft!

Oh, and by the way, it managed to destroy the working of my Microsoft Outlook as well.

:)

silvanet_1, Dec 2, 2019

2. calendar sync?

IT might be helpful if you describe the steps you're taking to try and sync the calendars. I'm not sure where eMail might come into the picture.

Also describe your goal as clearly as possible. you're trying to sync a calendar on the iPhone with the Calendar App on Win10, not a calendar in an eMail client?

ical seems to be the canonical calendar format for apple - not sure - just a guess.

Slartybart, Dec 2, 2019
  3. s427 Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

s427, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Calendar syncing on Windows 10 in 2019 - no found answers work (?)

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Calendar syncing on Windows 10 in 2019 - no found answers work (?)

1. Calendar syncing on Windows 10 in 2019 - no found answers work (?) - Similar Threads - Calendar syncing 2019

2. Sync Windows Calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Windows Calendar: Just started using the Windows calendar app.Is it necessary to sync the calendar with Outlook?Let's say I want to reset my PC and reinstall Windows 11 and I'm not syncing with Outlook.Will my Calendar items be lost?Thanks,James...
  3. Sync Windows Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Windows Calendar: Just started using the Windows calendar app.Is it necessary to sync the calendar with Outlook?Let's say I want to reset my PC and reinstall Windows 11 and I'm not syncing with Outlook.Will my Calendar items be lost?Thanks,James...
  4. Windows 10 calendar not syncing with google calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 calendar not syncing with google calendar: Hi, i noticed that events i put into my windows 10 calendar, which is on my laptop, are no longer syncing with my google calendars which are also on my laptop and more importantly my phone. This means if I only have my phone to look at I'm missing appointments. this sync...
  5. syncing Windows 10 calendar with Google calendar

syncing Windows 10 calendar with Google calendar: Fir years I have been successfully syncing my calendars - my Windows 10 calendar and my Google calendar - both ways, full functionality. Today I have noticed that my Windows 10 calendar will not send dates/events to my Google calendar, although it works fine Google to Windows...
  6. Windows 10 calendar sync

Windows 10 calendar sync: Hey hello, i need synchronize data from my mobile from Samsung calendar with windows 10 calendar, i have tryed lots of thinks such as Microsoft launcher and your phone etc,... but its still not synced. I am using the same microsoft accout. I have addeded my samsung account to...
  7. Trying to sync Windows 10 calendar with Outlook 2019 calendar.

Trying to sync Windows 10 calendar with Outlook 2019 calendar.: Trying to sync Windows 10 calendar with Outlook 2019 calendar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-sync-windows-10-calendar-with-outlook/497e2769-4c7e-4583-8b9d-1c420b733dce
  8. Calendar syncing on Windows 10 - not answers work (2019)

Calendar syncing on Windows 10 - not answers work (2019): I would appreciate an answer on this. I saw "answers" for previous versions of Windows that don't work at all for Windows 10 in 2019. They were locked and don't even remotely fix the problem I'm facing. I'll try to refine this a little bit: I wanted to use Google calendar...
  9. Windows 10 Calendar not syncing all icloud calendars

Windows 10 Calendar not syncing all icloud calendars: My iCloud calendars used to show up in the Calendar app, but now only one does. I have a few icloud calendars, one of which is a shared calendar with my partner and until last week all calendars were visible in the Calendar app on my desktop, but now only one is, not the...
  10. Windows 10 calendar won't sync with Icloud calendar.

Windows 10 calendar won't sync with Icloud calendar.: I have Windows 10 but the calendar will not sync with my iphone calendar. It keeps saying fix account. But the password is correct. Still will not sync. I have the People App, but it's useless and will not sync my contacts with my iphone either. Please Help?? Moved from:...