Windows 10: Calibre E-book management

Discus and support Calibre E-book management in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there This is a really GOOD free program for all those of you who use things like Kindles --- kindles etc more use than ever with increasing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Oct 29, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Calibre E-book management

Hi there

This is a really GOOD free program for all those of you who use things like Kindles --- kindles etc more use than ever with increasing length of queues in Airports etc and mobile phone restrictions in some of these places too !!!.

Calibre --it's FREE, works on both Windows and Linux (Windows standard install, Linux comes with a script that even a beginner can run that works on pretty well all common Linux Distros). Manages E-books, converst into all sorts of formats --for example you have something with EPUB format but you want it on a Kindle - convert to MOBI / AZW3 etc.
    Other way around too --there are still some of the Sony e-readers out there etc - you can convert MOBI / AZW3 etc to EPUB etc and also you can De DRM any books you got from Amazon.

Here's the Link to the site.

calibre - E-book management

excellent FREE program.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 29, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Trusted software to convert .bin to .iso?

Hi Samuel, are you trying to convert E Books to the newer Kindle format?

Easily the best software for E Book conversion and management is Calibre

calibre - Download calibre

DaveM121, Oct 29, 2016
  3. Is there a way to read ePub or mobi ebooks on your Windows Phone 7?

Perfect, thanks for the tip. It's as easy as:

• Download Calibre and Freda
    • Import epub books into Calibre (Add Books button) and convert (Convent Books button)
    • Find Calibre folder in your Documents folder.
    • Upload your books from Calibre folder to Skydrive.
    • Open Freda on your phone and open the Skydrive link to download your books into Freda.
    I have all my books on my phone and Freda is a great reader!

fred.blum63, Oct 29, 2016
  4. Calibre E-book management

Me too, love it. Got really fast in the newer versions

stavrosgmtl, Oct 30, 2016
  5. Eksy61 Win User
    It's not just for Kindles.

If you have an Android smartphone or tablet, there's an app called Calibre Companion that uses Calibre on PC as a server.

It will let you download books from Calibre on PC to your smartphone or push books from Calibre on your PC to your smartphone, whichever option you prefer. That way, you can take your favorite books from your Calibre book library on PC everywhere you go.

Eksy61, Nov 1, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks for the info

However for me the idea of reading an e-book on a smartphone is just BONKERS --screen too small usually and most modern phones aren't too good in Bright sunlight. Tablets aren't usually much better in bright light out of doors either.

I've seen nothing better for continuous reading than a decent paper white kindle for reading in any sort of light !! --beats a phone by a zillion times over.

The brand new kindles are even better --but I won't buy one of those until my current one breaks !!!

Even in a supermarket line I use them.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 2, 2016
  7. Eksy61 Win User
    But I'm never without my smartphone when I'm on travel. And I don't feel like carrying two devices with me when one will do. Sure, Kindle displays look better--but since I have to have my smartphone anyway, I'm sticking with that.

Eksy61, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Calibre E-book management

1. Calibre E-book management - Similar Threads - Calibre book management

2. what is microsoft e-book?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is microsoft e-book?: I have been charged annually for an e-book subscription. What is this and how does it work? I don't know what I'm paying for??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-microsoft-e-book/0f3defd5-d088-4a81-8339-fcca387a116a
  3. what is microsoft e-book?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is microsoft e-book?: I have been charged annually for an e-book subscription. What is this and how does it work? I don't know what I'm paying for??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-microsoft-e-book/0f3defd5-d088-4a81-8339-fcca387a116a
  4. Any good e-book readers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any good e-book readers?: I mostly use the icecream reader to read my stuff, however since it doesn't show greek letters it hinders my ability to read some math books for university, so do you guys have any e-book reader that doesn't suck? submitted by /u/ingsocks [link] [comments]...
  5. E-book

in Windows 10 Customization
    E-book: How do i install the ebook reader on my desktop windows 365 in order to open this file: chp_10.1007_978-3-658-25064-5_61.pdf Thanks for your help to a beginner! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-book/0ecc7327-6c3c-47e7-bcb6-b8e67c378ac6
  6. E-books gone, but no refund

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    E-books gone, but no refund: Microsoft stole my e-books but never gave me a refund, and there is no way to contact the Microsoft store to complain. Any ideas how to get the thieves to give me my store credit? Or to contact the jerks?...
  7. microsoft e-book

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft e-book: I purchased a book from Microsoft but can't find. what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-e-book/ea2d051d-2ba1-4622-9300-73b68b99fb9e"
  8. Calibre V 3.25 available (e-book management)

Calibre V 3.25 available (e-book management): Hi folks the excellent Calibre E-book management program is available (free) in version 3.25 - Windows and Linux. calibre - E-book management Excellent program -- converts also all e-book formats so you can convert epub to MOBI / AZW3 for kindles etc and in reverse. If you...
  9. e-book management / viewer - Calibre

e-book management / viewer - Calibre: Hi there just a reminder to people who use kindles etc that an EXCELLENT free program is still available and works brilliantly on Windows, Linux and Apple. I've mentioned this before but a lot of new users to the Forum might never have heard of the program so it's worth a...
  10. Calibre ebook management

Calibre ebook management: Hi there If you like e-books - great piece of Free software which also converts to all ebook formats so if you want MOBI / EPUB etc etc. 64 bit version for windows also available -- and it also works on LINUX (easily installable too) - running on CENTOS 7 shown here....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. calibre e-book management