Windows 10: Call complete. hResult = 0x80041010 appears after PC starts

Discus and support Call complete. hResult = 0x80041010 appears after PC starts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Can anyone advise us on the following please? PC is lenovo c340 running Windows 10 Home - build 16299. After starting the computer a box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lemondrop, Feb 13, 2018.

1. lemondrop Win User

Call complete. hResult = 0x80041010 appears after PC starts

Hello

Can anyone advise us on the following please?

PC is lenovo c340 running Windows 10 Home - build 16299.

After starting the computer a box titled Note appears with the message: Call complete. hResult = 0x80041010

The box also has an OK button.

After clicking OK a second box appears with the message: ExecNotificationQueryAsync failed with = 0x80041010

Any advice on this issue would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

:)

lemondrop, Feb 13, 2018

2. KB4054022 causing constant crashes with VPN but can't uninstall it

After this update was installed all my VPNConnection calls are failing with Invalid class. This was working fine till the day before it was installed.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-VpnConnection

Get-VpnConnection : Invalid class

At line:1 char:1

+ Get-VpnConnection

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : MetadataError: (PS_VpnConnection:root/Microsoft/...S_VpnConnection) [Get-VpnConnection], CimException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x80041010,Get-VpnConnection

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $Error[0].CategoryInfo

Category : MetadataError

Activity : Get-VpnConnection

Reason : CimException

TargetName : PS_VpnConnection

TargetType : root/Microsoft/Windows/RemoteAccess/Client/PS_VpnConnection

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $Error[0].Exception.ErrorData

ErrorType :

OtherErrorType :

OwningEntity :

MessageID : HRESULT 0x80041010

MessageArguments :

PerceivedSeverity :

ProbableCause :

ProbableCauseDescription :

RecommendedActions :

ErrorSource :

ErrorSourceFormat :

OtherErrorSourceFormat :

CIMStatusCode : 5

CIMStatusCodeDescription :

error_Code : 2147749904

error_Category : 10

error_Type : HRESULT

error_WindowsErrorMessage : Invalid class

PSComputerName :

Deepa Thomas, Feb 13, 2018
  3. OzzieMa Win User
    Win 10 Defender Offline

I've tried options one and two and I get errors as shown below.

PS C:\> Start-MpWDOScan

Start-MpWDOScan : Invalid class

At line:1 char:1

+ Start-MpWDOScan

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_MpWDOScan:ROOT\Microsoft\...\MSFT_MpWDOScan) [Start-MpWDOScan], Cim

Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x80041010,Start-MpWDOScan

OzzieMa, Feb 13, 2018
  4. Call complete. hResult = 0x80041010 appears after PC starts

Hi lemondrop. Welcome to the TenForums @lemondrop

Can you share when did this message start. Tuesday was Patch Tuesday so a number of updates were applied.

In googling this error appears to be related to the Windows Management Interface (WMI)

First thing I would try is getting to a Command Prompt(admin) (right click Start) and run SFC /scannow.

If that shows corruption you may havce to run up to three times to correct.

If there is no corruption you could also look at uninstalling the updates that were delivered yesterday or you could try an inplace repair / upgrade. Tutorial here.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 13, 2018
  5. lemondrop Win User
    Hello Ken

Thanks very much for your reply and advice.

After a bit of investigation we found by using a clean boot that a volume synch program was causing the issue.

The program was not needed and after deleting it we no longer get the issue after startup.

Thanks again for taking the time to help us.

lemondrop, Feb 15, 2018
  6. Excellent. Thanks for posting your solution.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Call complete. hResult = 0x80041010 appears after PC starts

1. Call complete. hResult = 0x80041010 appears after PC starts - Similar Threads - Call complete hResult

2. CCMSetup Failed with Error Code 0x80041010

in Windows 10 News
    CCMSetup Failed with Error Code 0x80041010: [IMG]In pursuit of installing the SCCM on the client’s computer, errors might be encountered in multiple scenarios. The details of the errors during installation are recorded in the CCMsetup.log file on the client end, along with the specific error codes. The CCMSetup Failed...
  3. PC freezing completely few seconds after start up and log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing completely few seconds after start up and log in: Hi everyone. I just got a new PC and suddenly it started having a persistent issue. I manage to start up and log in and once im in my desktop im moving around with the mouse and it randomly completely freezes, when it happens I'm forced to shut it down with the power button...
  4. PC freezing completely few seconds after start up and log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezing completely few seconds after start up and log in: Hi everyone. I just got a new PC and suddenly it started having a persistent issue. I manage to start up and log in and once im in my desktop im moving around with the mouse and it randomly completely freezes, when it happens I'm forced to shut it down with the power button...
  5. My PC Appears as a blank Window Then disappears completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC Appears as a blank Window Then disappears completely: Every 2nd time or so I open "My PC" a blank window comes up and then it disappears and the My PC folder doesnt display on the screen. The same thing is happening with folders on my desktop. Everytime this happens the Nvidia icon disappears from my Taskbar. Upon opening...
  6. My PC Appears as a blank Window Then disappears completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC Appears as a blank Window Then disappears completely: Every 2nd time or so I open "My PC" a blank window comes up and then it disappears and the My PC folder doesnt display on the screen. The same thing is happening with folders on my desktop. Everytime this happens the Nvidia icon disappears from my Taskbar. Upon opening...
  7. Mi PC goes completely black after starting video transmision.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mi PC goes completely black after starting video transmision.: Hi, everyone. I have a Lenovo X1 carbon with intel i7 processor with 8 GB of RAM. I freshly installed windows recently but I´m having this problem: Whenever I start my webcam or sharing my screen, my computer goes completely black and flickers from time to time. This...
  8. window fail to start HResult 0x80073CFC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window fail to start HResult 0x80073CFC: window fail to start. also error code 0x80070057 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-fail-to-start-hresult-0x80073cfc/5c489479-449c-409c-af5e-97123692500b
  9. PC does not start and Bluescreen appears

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC does not start and Bluescreen appears: I can not log into my PC because when I try to start it a Bluescreen appears and it restarts but then it fails and it is basically an endless cycle. The bluescreen has the code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I have restarted the PC manually multiple times but it still does not work....
  10. Completely blank Start menu, after trying to Pin "This PC" to it.

in Windows 10 Support
    Completely blank Start menu, after trying to Pin "This PC" to it.: I recently installed Win10 on my machine. It is the LTSC 64-Bit 1809 version. After trying to pin This PC to the Start menu, for easier access to my files, my Start menu gone completely blank. I've attached here a screenshot of my desktop with the start menu open......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HRESULT 0x80041010

2. call complete.hresult =0x80041010