Windows 10: call from someone who presented himself as microsoft support because they think my system...

Discus and support call from someone who presented himself as microsoft support because they think my system... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had a phone call from someone suggesting me to install the Supremo control app from Secure Access Portal 9115.us and telling the information to him... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shahinariafar1, Aug 30, 2021.

1. call from someone who presented himself as microsoft support because they think my system...

I had a phone call from someone suggesting me to install the Supremo control app from Secure Access Portal 9115.us and telling the information to him because microsoft thinks my system is being hacked. at first he guided me to Event Viewer windows which BTW was full of errors and told me these are the attampts that hackers had tried to stole and use my data. I didn't let him use the credintials of Supremo because I thought he might be a hacker trying to get access to my data. But now I am concerened what if my computer is really hacked by some people? any help?

:)

shahinariafar1, Aug 30, 2021
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • call from someone who presented himself as microsoft support because they think my system... [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

• call from someone who presented himself as microsoft support because they think my system... [​IMG]
    3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Microsoft Edge-Cortana not present

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with several functionalities in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SujataMoktan, Aug 30, 2021
  4. call from someone who presented himself as microsoft support because they think my system...

The operating system is not presently configured to run this application.

Error message: The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Even after doing all the above steps still my problem is not resolved. Please suggest some solution.

http://www.itsmetutor.com/

ItsmeAbinav, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

call from someone who presented himself as microsoft support because they think my system...

1. call from someone who presented himself as microsoft support because they think my system... - Similar Threads - call someone presented

2. Who does microsoft think they are?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Who does microsoft think they are?: I'm trying to access sites for my business and Microsoft keeps saying you need to ask to use this site. EVERY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS ARE WRONG ON THIS SITE. If you comment with a link to this **** of a site that is microsoft.com i hope you receive a...
  3. Who does microsoft think they are?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Who does microsoft think they are?: I'm trying to access sites for my business and Microsoft keeps saying you need to ask to use this site. EVERY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS ARE WRONG ON THIS SITE. If you comment with a link to this **** of a site that is microsoft.com i hope you receive a...
  4. Who does microsoft think they are?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. i got a call from someone who said he was from microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got a call from someone who said he was from microsoft: hello, i got a call from someone who said he was from microsoft and that i had some kind of spyware on my computer. i didnt believe him and said that to him, but he could tell me my licence number from Microsoft? he said that he called because he has to wipe all of that...
  6. i got a call from someone who said he was from microsoft

i got a call from someone who said he was from microsoft: hello, i got a call from someone who said he was from microsoft and that i had some kind of spyware on my computer. i didnt believe him and said that to him, but he could tell me my licence number from Microsoft? he said that he called because he has to wipe all of that...
  7. Someone called and claim to be from Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone called and claim to be from Microsoft: Yesterday, I received a call from a tech that said he was from Microsoft responding to a request for service. He performed a scan on my PC and found a Torpig Malware. He talked my into removing it and adding Microsoft 365 to my machine etc. He was from a company called...
  8. Calls from Microsoft Help and support

Calls from Microsoft Help and support: I have received a call from Microsoft Help and Support. They want me to fill out form to cancel service or renew? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/calls-from-microsoft-help-and-support/affae6b3-5d99-4e62-8b90-329331ff9f0f
  9. Robo Call from Microsoft Support

Robo Call from Microsoft Support: I have gotten numerous robo calls from someone claiming to be from Microsoft support. Calls came from Florida yesterday and California today. They state that my firewall has been compromised, there's been a possible security breach and my IP address may have been stolen....
  10. Call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft.

Call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft.: I received a call today from a person claiming to be from Microsoft. They were telling me that my service was going to be terminated in 48 hours because my ip address was compromised by several other countries. Please help me to look into this "problem" with my ip address....