Windows 10: Call of Duty 4 - DirectX

Discus and support Call of Duty 4 - DirectX in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! I recently downloaded Call of Duty 4 from Steam. When starting the game, I get the following error message: "DirectX encountered an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PirusantXiey, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Call of Duty 4 - DirectX

Hi!

I recently downloaded Call of Duty 4 from Steam. When starting the game, I get the following error message:

"DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. Check the readme for possible solutions".

This error only occurs when I have something plugged in the speaker jack on my computer. If I remove it so that no external audio device (neither speakers/headphones nor microphones) are connected, the error message goes as follows:

"Error during initialization: Miles sound system initialization failed. Make sure you have your sounds card's latest drivers and DirectX installed".

I ran this game years ago on this very computer and remember that I had to plug something into the microphone jack to get it to work. This method does not work anymore. I have tried multiple solutions found online, but get the same error message(s). The COD4 folder contains a DirectX 9 installation, however, this did not solve the problem.

I do not have any more possible solutions for this issue. Please help.

Windows 10 Home x64

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10Ghz (4 CPus)

6,00 GB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Intel(R) HD Graphics (which by the way should be up to date)

Thank you.

:)

PirusantXiey, Oct 24, 2018

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Mediocre Win User

Call of Duty 4 - DirectX

Call of Duty 4 ~ 1.4 Patch Released

source
    *Toast :toast:

Mediocre, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Call of Duty 4 - DirectX

1. Call of Duty 4 - DirectX - Similar Threads - Call Duty DirectX

2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4: Yes I know its been alot of years since the game released, but still, when I try to download it, the download progress bar gets stuck at half way through, i have a disk drive, and theres no error message please help....
  3. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4: Yes I know its been alot of years since the game released, but still, when I try to download it, the download progress bar gets stuck at half way through, i have a disk drive, and theres no error message please help....
  4. DirectX Error Code 0x8004005 Call Of Duty Launch Response game_steam_ship.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Error Code 0x8004005 Call Of Duty Launch Response game_steam_ship.exe: DirectX Error Code, RecentI've tried both PC Launchers Updated my computer Completed each setting from - https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-error-code-0x80004005-4689559 Updated all my drives, features, i've ran many configure scans Reinstalled everything, restarted. I am...
  5. DirectX Error Code 0x8004005 Call Of Duty Launch Response game_steam_ship.exe

DirectX Error Code 0x8004005 Call Of Duty Launch Response game_steam_ship.exe: DirectX Error Code, RecentI've tried both PC Launchers Updated my computer Completed each setting from - https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-error-code-0x80004005-4689559 Updated all my drives, features, i've ran many configure scans Reinstalled everything, restarted. I am...
  6. call of duty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    call of duty: Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.35 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor i am trying to run black ops cold war and it was working fine until now. outta nowhere it will randomly shut down while I'm...
  7. call of duty

call of duty: Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.35 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor i am trying to run black ops cold war and it was working fine until now. outta nowhere it will randomly shut down while I'm...
  8. Call of Duty - Heroes

Call of Duty - Heroes: I cannot get back into my Microsoft Windows based game called Call of Duty - Heroes. Can you help resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/call-of-duty-heroes/e6e444e4-20af-4266-9aa9-c3ceb8809f19
  9. Call of duty 4 : Modern Warfare

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Call of duty 4 : Modern Warfare: Hello, I was trying to install call of duty 4 : Modern Warfare, It was giving a message that cannot found d3dx9_34.dll. I also download d3dx9_34.dll from internet, but I don't know that where I have to put or copy d3dx9_34.dll file on game directory. Plz Help me......
  10. Call of Duty WWII

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Call of Duty WWII: I pre-orderd this game from Best Buy so I go to pick it up and got it and when I got home, I opened The DVD case and there was no DVD in it, a round DVD looking piece of this cardboard with a code on it that I could use to Download the Game from Steam. Best Buy could have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. call of duty modern warfare 4 problem z directx

2. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare v1.7 directx download

3. cod 4 directx

4. cod4 directx update,
  5. was unterstützt call of duty mow von direct X?,
  6. direct x call of duty,
  7. call of duty 4 dx9,
  8. direct x call of duty 4,
  9. what version of direct x does call of duty 4 need,
  10. direct x fir call of duty,
  11. directx download for call of duty 4 windows 7,