Windows 10: Calling all Education and Enterprise users about missing Windows Spotlight

Discus and support Calling all Education and Enterprise users about missing Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to pool together answers about a mystery I've faced for years. Windows 10's Lock Screen Spotlight is disabled on Windows 10 Education 1909,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VarokSaurfang, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Calling all Education and Enterprise users about missing Windows Spotlight

I'm trying to pool together answers about a mystery I've faced for years. Windows 10's Lock Screen Spotlight is disabled on Windows 10 Education 1909, and Enterprise. I've searched far and wide for answers. The only "solutions" are to use third party programs.

What possible reasons could Microsoft have to remove Spotlight? It's one of the coolest aesthetic features on Windows 10 in my opinion. Having a cool new landscape to look at every day just cheers me up.

Those of you running Education or Enterprise, do you have the same problem? Is Spotlight missing and does it say "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization?" I'm in full control of my PC and it's unaffiliated with any organization or academic institution. Why are these great features stripped out? Education/Enterprise are supposed to be full featured.

submitted by /u/VarokSaurfang
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VarokSaurfang, Oct 18, 2020

2. windows 10 education version 1803 , windows spotlight is not listed

check this !

Configure Windows Spotlight on the lock screen (Windows 10) - Configure Windows

For managed devices running Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education, enterprise administrators can configure a mobile device management (MDM) or Group Policy setting to prevent users from using the Windows Spotlight background. For managed devices
    running Windows 10 Pro, version 1607, administrators can disable suggestions for third party apps.

Mohamed Ashor, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Windows Spotlight option is missing from the drop down list

Yes, for at least one case in the FCU (updates policies) there's an accompanying link to see the details, it may apply to all such cases.

Calling all Education and Enterprise users about missing Windows Spotlight [​IMG]

Calling all Education and Enterprise users about missing Windows Spotlight [​IMG]

Edit: but not in all cases, it seems. The particular policy to disable Spotlight is only available in Enterprise and Education, so I can't test that one. I can test another policy that also affects Personalization settings - stopping users from choosing desktop wallpaper. There's no explanation for that 'some setting are managed...' message.

4. DAI
    Dai Win User

Calling all Education and Enterprise users about missing Windows Spotlight

Windows 10 Enterprise Spotlight stopped working

You're running Windows 10 Enterprise. This is relevant because the Spotlight Group Policy settings only work on Enterprise and Education editions, so it's possible you have a policy set that disables it.

1. Run rsop.msc
    2. Check the locations (policy paths) listed in this article: Group Policy settings that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education Editions (Windows 10) - Windows Client Management for any enabled policies that would disable Windows Spotlight, specifically:
      1. User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Cloud Content > Configure Spotlight on lock screen
      2. User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Cloud Content > Turn off all Windows Spotlight features
      3. Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization > Do not display the lock screen
      4. Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Search\Don't search the web or display web results

Thema:

Calling all Education and Enterprise users about missing Windows Spotlight

1. Calling all Education and Enterprise users about missing Windows Spotlight - Similar Threads - Calling Education Enterprise

2. Spotlight not available Windows 11 Education

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight not available Windows 11 Education: Hi,could you help me how can I enable Spotlight in Windows 11 Education?I only can choose on lock screen drop down Picture or Slideshow.Thank you!...
  3. Spotlight not available Windows 11 Education

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight not available Windows 11 Education: Hi,could you help me how can I enable Spotlight in Windows 11 Education?I only can choose on lock screen drop down Picture or Slideshow.Thank you!...
  4. Unable to enable Spotlight in Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to enable Spotlight in Windows 10 Education: Recently, I had installed a Windows 10 Education Operating System issued under the Microsoft Azure Subscription in my desktop. Everything is working smoothy except for the spotlight. I am unable to enable that feature in Settings. It says some settings are managed by the...
  5. Windows spotlight on Windows 10 Pro Education

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows spotlight on Windows 10 Pro Education: Hi, can anyone help with enabling windows spotlight in my lock screen on a windows 10 pro education? It does not show the option of windows spotlight in the drop down menu. I don't have any organization managing my account. the version is 20H2 Os build 19042.867 I...
  6. Windows 10 Spotlight option missing - Windows education

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Spotlight option missing - Windows education: Windows 10 Education Version: 2004 Problem: Windows 10 Spotlight option missing Also, the famous related message that nobody on internet is able to remove: "*Some of there setting are hidden or managed by your organization" [ATTACH] Same problem stated here:...
  7. About Windows Spotlight not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    About Windows Spotlight not Working: Its been 1 Week my windows spotlight is not working and its just shows blank. What should I do to get rid of this error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-windows-spotlight-not-working/d54efe1e-1a4b-4df1-a464-bc79cf9658e2
  8. Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education: I recently activated Windows 10 Education on my new PC only to find out that Windows Spotlight is gone. I am running version 1909. I have used Home since the release of Windows 10 and have used Windows Spotlight since its introduction. I am blown away that such an innocent,...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education: After updating Windows 10 to v1903 Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-enterprise-turns-into-education/a3c76a3a-241d-48ff-a1ea-21ebb5d31db7"
  10. Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?: Are these 3 versions essentially identical out of the box, except for the way Windows Update works? 18153