Windows 10: Calls from "microsoft windows"

Discus and support Calls from "microsoft windows" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does Microsoft, at any time, call customers asking them to allow them access to their computers so they fix viruses?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TheresaHorn, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Calls from "microsoft windows"

Does Microsoft, at any time, call customers asking them to allow them access to their computers so they fix viruses?

:)

TheresaHorn, Apr 9, 2019

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Calls from "microsoft windows" [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Apr 9, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 9, 2019
  4. BigMack70 Win User

Calls from "microsoft windows"

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Calls from "microsoft windows"

1. Calls from "microsoft windows" - Similar Threads - Calls microsoft

2. Microsoft Support Never Called me back after raising many service requests

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Support Never Called me back after raising many service requests: Microsoft Support Never Called me back after raising many service requestsmicrophone not plugges in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-support-never-called-me-back-after/dc44cf57-71e5-4fe1-9814-1ce1316512c0
  3. Microsoft Support Never Called me back after raising many service requests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Support Never Called me back after raising many service requests: Microsoft Support Never Called me back after raising many service requestsmicrophone not plugges in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-support-never-called-me-back-after/dc44cf57-71e5-4fe1-9814-1ce1316512c0
  4. Microsoft Support Never Called me back after raising many service requests

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Windows 10 error "The data area passed to a system call is too small."

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Windows 10 error "The data area passed to a system call is too small.": Hello,I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Recently, I have been getting the error "The data area passed to a system call is too small." This error occurs on startup, once I log in to Windows. It also occurs any time I try to open a Microsoft Store app, including Skype,...
  6. Not receiving call from Microsoft Service Request regarding issues in activating Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not receiving call from Microsoft Service Request regarding issues in activating Windows 10 Pro: My service request number is 7037937033. My previous support request number 7037930190, where now if I check it is written that "Issue is resolved" and I haven't even received a call in the first place, is closed.I have an issue where I am unable to activate my Windows 10 Pro...
  7. Phone call by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone call by Microsoft: Hello,Yesterday I received a phone call from the UK. Didn’t answer and a minute later I received another phone call from a local number.The person, identified as Miller, said that he was a microsoft technician and asked me to write down a special code. That code was the proof...
  8. Phone call by Microsoft

Phone call by Microsoft: Hello,Yesterday I received a phone call from the UK. Didn’t answer and a minute later I received another phone call from a local number.The person, identified as Miller, said that he was a microsoft technician and asked me to write down a special code. That code was the proof...
  9. Phone call by Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Received a phone call from 757525-3477, how can I determine that it is from a Microsoft...

Received a phone call from 757525-3477, how can I determine that it is from a Microsoft...: The suppose MS employee stated that someone in Canada at 178.249.214.210 ip had requested to change the phone number on my account, and they were calling to validate the request. I stated that it was not me, then they wanted to validate that I was who I said I was. So they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 allow phone calls