Windows 10: Calls from Windows, wanted to access my Event Viewer

Discus and support Calls from Windows, wanted to access my Event Viewer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep receiving calls from "Indian sounding" representatives of "Windows", about issues and packets downloading to my Microsoft computer and wanting... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RichCampbell1, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Calls from Windows, wanted to access my Event Viewer

I keep receiving calls from "Indian sounding" representatives of "Windows", about issues and packets downloading to my Microsoft computer and wanting to access my system remotely as . should I allow? I am very hesitant to allow anyone remote access to my system. He were saying a lot of things about my Event Viewer, and the "Error" & "Warning" Messages I have. If they call back, should I allow? or should I try to delete these items of concern?

:)

RichCampbell1, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Robfly Win User
    mmc could not create the snap-in in event viewer (Windows 10)

I tried the KB but didn't work.

I found this and it fixed my event viewer mmc error

1. Open File Explorer on the device.
    2. Navigate to the following path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Event Viewer\Views
    3. Backup the content of the folder. The next step deletes the custom views and you may want the backup to restore the views when Microsoft fixes the issues.
    4. Delete all View_X.xml files in the folder (it starts with View_0.xml and increments the number by 1 for each file).
    5. Start the Event Viewer after deleting the files.
    rob

Robfly, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Calls from Windows, wanted to access my Event Viewer

Event Viewer has over 1000 errors and warnings

That sure sounds like a scam call.

You do know that

a) neither Microsoft nor any of their partners will make unsolicited calls

and

b) that it's normal that the event viewer has lots of errors and warning...

don't you?

I hope you didn't allow anyone access to your computer.

With regard to b) suggestion to read:

With regard to a) suggestion to read/watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Calls from Windows, wanted to access my Event Viewer

1. Calls from Windows, wanted to access my Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Calls wanted access

2. Can't Access Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access Event Viewer: Win + R and type in services.msc or even event viewer in search and get a square box popup that's red at the top, the rest of the body is gray. In the red section in small letters is User Account Control and underneath that in larger letters is This app has been blocked for...
  3. Can't Access Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access Event Viewer: Win + R and type in services.msc or even event viewer in search and get a square box popup that's red at the top, the rest of the body is gray. In the red section in small letters is User Account Control and underneath that in larger letters is This app has been blocked for...
  4. Can't Access Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Event Viewer: Hi, I was wondering if the Windows Event Viewer Process alerts if it has failed. More specifically, what if the feature that actually generates the logs fails on a windows pc? I understand that crash dumps after a BSOD still would be drawn from the same logging place. Does...
  6. Windows Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Event Viewer: So I had an issue with my audio and went through the event viewer, and found a critical issue that said: "Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 9/29/2020 7:58:57 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Description: The...
  7. In my event viewer

In my event viewer: This is a laptop ASUS These events were about a few weeks old. Only recently i found some critical errors that is quite concerning to me In the event viewer under systems.. there were a few errors and critical errors. These logs doesnt look normal.. And when i check...
  8. windows event viewer

windows event viewer: I just built my first gaming computer and i experienced my first bsod a couple of days ago while playing gears of war 5. i went to the event viewer and noticed while i was playing, every second, the event viewer was created this warning over and over event 51 an error was...
  9. event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  10. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433