Windows 10: Calls regarding changing my IP address

Discus and support Calls regarding changing my IP address in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am getting multiple calls from my own phone number with a recording saying it is Microsoft. The recording states that my IP address has been used in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by girlinojai, May 10, 2019.

1. Calls regarding changing my IP address

I am getting multiple calls from my own phone number with a recording saying it is Microsoft. The recording states that my IP address has been used in multiple countries and needs to be changed. Is this a scam?

:)

girlinojai, May 10, 2019

2. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 10, 2019
  3. Divya Murugan, May 10, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Calls regarding changing my IP address

ip address problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with IP Address, I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due incorrect TCP\IP Address settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset TCP\IP and check if it helps.

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try these steps to Flush DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server. Check if it helps.

• Click on
      Start and type cmd on start search.

• Right-click on command prompt Run
      and selectas administrator.

• At the command prompt, type the following commands and hit
      Enter after each command.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

exit

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Calls regarding changing my IP address

1. Calls regarding changing my IP address - Similar Threads - Calls regarding changing

2. How to change my IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my IP address: I want to change my IP randomly forever because i scare someone can trace me but i don't see any tool to change ip random not handmade. And 1 question : If i upgrade windows 10 to 11, can it change my IP address...
  3. How to change my IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change my IP address: I want to change my IP randomly forever because i scare someone can trace me but i don't see any tool to change ip random not handmade. And 1 question : If i upgrade windows 10 to 11, can it change my IP address...
  4. How to change my IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. change ip address

change ip address: I need help changing my ip address can you get on my machine and change it for me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-ip-address/cbd3a599-43f7-4737-aeae-4a2b6de28873
  6. change ip address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change ip address: I need help changing my ip address can you get on my machine and change it for me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-ip-address/cbd3a599-43f7-4737-aeae-4a2b6de28873
  7. change ip address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Change my IP address

Change my IP address: How on earth do I randomly change my IP address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-ip-address/2923e617-4618-4df9-8bfa-181e82098d5b
  9. Phone calls about IP address compromised.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phone calls about IP address compromised.: Should I be concerned if I keep getting phone calls from Microsoft telling me my IP address has been compromised by foreigners and to press 1 for help? I hang up but the calls are coming from my landline to my cell....
  10. IP address compromised per Microsoft call.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IP address compromised per Microsoft call.: I have received 2 telephone calls telling me my IP address has been compromised by several countries and will be shut down within 24/48 hours. They said press 1 to speak to a tech who would change my IP address. Is this a legitimate Microsoft telephone call?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will microsoft call me

2. my own phone number keeps calling me

3. I am receiving land line phone calls about my IP number for Microsoft

4. phone calls from my own number from microsoft,
  5. phone call on iphone regarding ip address,
  6. microsoft calling my cell phone from my own phone,
  7. microsoft keeps callingmy number,
  8. call regarding changing ip address