Windows 10: Cam & Mic Recommendation For Skype/Zoom, Etc

Discus and support Cam & Mic Recommendation For Skype/Zoom, Etc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Looking for some advice for what I have to get to start using Skpe, Zoom, etc. I don't have any of it at moment. Something with a camera/mike to clip... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by woodbine, Sep 7, 2020.

1. woodbine Win User

Cam & Mic Recommendation For Skype/Zoom, Etc

Looking for some advice for what I have to get to start using Skpe, Zoom, etc. I don't have any of it at moment. Something with a camera/mike to clip to the top of my Acer Aspire desktop pc M3910 which has USB2 ports.

Need to see and hear brother abroad, so just want something easy to use and affordable. Don't have a clue what I need and not a PC expert so simplicity is the main thing.

Thanks for any help.

:)

woodbine, Sep 7, 2020

2. Web cam on Skype

Hi Martha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Have you updated the drivers for the web cam?

Does this issue occur only on Skype?

I suggest you to install the attest drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

To install the driver updates follow the below steps.

• Open run command window( Windows key + R) and type devmgmt.msc

• Right click on driver and select update driver software.

• If the driver updates are not available install it from manufacture website.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Laptop microphone works in skype but not in Zoom

Hi there

Zoom is not hearing anything through the mic when I speak. I have checked ALL the settings for the microphone, privacy settings are correct and all audio settings in Zoom are correct. Zoom sees my mic, it just isn't picking anything up when
    I speak. The mic registers sound from the speakers when the person on the other end of the session is speaking to me though. I have spent hours googling and checking settings, uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling and NOTHING is working. I know
    the mic is working because I can use Skype no problem. All the drivers are up to date. Any suggestions on how to sort this out? I am baffled.

Thanks for your time.

W

Wendy-LiRetief, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Lee L. Win User

Video is not working for Zoom or Skype

Hello,

Have you checking the privacy settings if Camera is ON on both Zoom and Skype?

Go to Setting > Privacy > Camera > make sure the toggle button for both Zoom and Skype are ON.

If my suggestion did not solve the issue, please reply back and confirm if there is an error message or error code so we can try other step.

Might as well open the Camera App and test if it's working there so we can narrow down the problem.

Kind Regards,

< / L e e >

Lee L., Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Cam & Mic Recommendation For Skype/Zoom, Etc - Similar Threads - Cam Mic Recommendation

2. Mic & Cam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic & Cam: My laptop mic and cam wont workI did everything i could. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-cam/68b9045c-2ecd-4d44-bba5-2993f8cd9f30
  3. Mic & Cam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic & Cam: My laptop mic and cam wont workI did everything i could. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-cam/68b9045c-2ecd-4d44-bba5-2993f8cd9f30
  4. Mic & Cam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.: I recently few months ago got a 2021 HP Envy 14, and everything was working fine until I installed a Window's Update on the 5th of October. It updated some drivers and ever since then there has been issues with the microphone. When I call on Skype or Zoom, and even when I...
  6. Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.: I recently few months ago got a 2021 HP Envy 14, and everything was working fine until I installed a Window's Update on the 5th of October. It updated some drivers and ever since then there has been issues with the microphone. When I call on Skype or Zoom, and even when I...
  7. Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.

8. Skype, Teams, Cortana, Zoom, googlemeet etc etc cannot access microphone

Skype, Teams, Cortana, Zoom, googlemeet etc etc cannot access microphone: Hello Community...... Ever since the Windows 10 Update 19042.906, my microphone is not accessible for any of the meeting apps. Under Control Panel --> Sound --> Recording, I can see that the microphone is sensing noises , but none of the Apps can. So essentially, I am not...
  9. Web Cam For Zoom

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web Cam For Zoom: my desktop PC does not allow my web can to be used on zoom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-cam-for-zoom/11dcb5df-31e1-49a6-9928-d4886d9846c5
  10. Cam & Mike Recommendation For Skype/Zoom, Etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Cam & Mike Recommendation For Skype/Zoom, Etc: Looking for some advice for what I have to get to start using Skpe, Zoom, etc. I don't have any of it at moment. Something with a camera/mike to clip to the top of my Acer Aspire desktop pc M3910 which has USB2 ports. Need to see and hear brother abroad, so just want...