Windows 10: camera access permissions not listed

Discus and support camera access permissions not listed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Trying to use a webcam for multiple programs. It works fine in the Windows camera app. Zoom also works correctly. However, it will not work in these... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by llobell, Jan 11, 2021.

1. llobell Win User

camera access permissions not listed

Trying to use a webcam for multiple programs. It works fine in the Windows camera app. Zoom also works correctly. However, it will not work in these programs: Discord, Streamlabs OBS. The hardware is verified good, and another known-good camera has the same results. I believe I'm struggling with a Windows 10 permissions problem.

When I go to Settings>Privacy>Camera>Allow Desktop Apps to access your camera, these third party programs are not listed.

I have run updates. I have reset, uninstalled, reinstalled these programs, ran them as admin, using compatibility options, disabled firewall & anti-virus, etc. For some reason, they will not show up in the permissions list, so I have no way to verify or enable/disable camera access.

:)

llobell, Jan 11, 2021
  2. tommyruud Win User

Skype for Business' access to camera

Yes, unless I have missed something. If you mean Privacy -> Camera -> Skype for Business, then activate/deactivate. My problem is that Skype for Business is not in the list of applications under 'Camera'.

Screenshot attached.

camera access permissions not listed [​IMG]

tommyruud, Jan 11, 2021
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jan 11, 2021
  4. tommyruud Win User

Skype for Business' access to camera

Thanks, it worked!

For anyone else having the same problem:
    When activating the aforementioned setting you should restart Skype for Business completely. Mine Skype for Business still did not get listed in the lower list, but the camera is now activated.

tommyruud, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. camera access permissions not listed - Similar Threads - camera access permissions

2. Windows Hello Camera permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Camera permission: Windows 11 - user has Windows Hello facial setup - works with laptop built-in camera. User connects to work monitor with built-in camera. this camera does not get recognized as an option for Windows Hello for this users machine. If I connect my laptop to their monitor it...
  3. Camera App Not Recognizing Permission

Camera App Not Recognizing Permission: My camera app keeps asking for permission to use the camera. Thing is, it already HAS permission. What gives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-not-recognizing-permission/c04f54c8-5b8f-4bce-ba4e-3b7dd3995d4f
  4. Camera App Not Recognizing Permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera App Not Recognizing Permission: My camera app keeps asking for permission to use the camera. Thing is, it already HAS permission. What gives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-not-recognizing-permission/c04f54c8-5b8f-4bce-ba4e-3b7dd3995d4f
  5. No permission for camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No permission for camera: Even though all permissions are granted to the webcam in the Windows camera settings, K7 Security continues to block my camera. With a lengthy error message Before yesterday's update, everything was fine. Using Toshiba M800...
  6. Access to Camera

Access to Camera: After I had to do a system restore on my surface, I can no longer access my camera. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-camera/1fc0f2ef-0d4b-4801-aec1-003ec8e19fbf
  7. Camera Access

Camera Access: i had turned off access of camera to windows. i want to activate it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-access/b1324d19-6803-4de5-b5b7-63c71c2215ae
  8. App not listed for camera/microphone permission so cannot make audio/video calls

in Windows 10 Customization
    App not listed for camera/microphone permission so cannot make audio/video calls: I have installed desktop versions of Messenger and WhatsApp, but I cannot make audio or video calls as it tells me that no microphone / camera is connected. I try to give permission to these apps to access the mike and camera, but they are not listed, so I cannot. Skype is...
  9. Access the Camera

Access the Camera: ok my camera works well, because it turns on and I can see it, but when I'm on Skype I cannot see the other person, I hear it but I cannot see it. How i do fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-the-camera/ff5f4670-7379-41ac-a026-99e2d6f33d16
  10. camera is not working camera is not listed in device manager

camera is not working camera is not listed in device manager: the camera is not working and the device manager is not list the camera how can I know that the camera is in order or disorder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-is-not-working-camera-is-not-listed-in/3852b4a4-be88-49b9-bb64-55c6d217db2c