Windows 10: Camera and microphone driver not working properly in windows 10

Discus and support Camera and microphone driver not working properly in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought my Hp laptop model 15s-DU2036TX one month back and this problem has persisted since then. When i open my camera app, it shows error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arathi Krishna, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Camera and microphone driver not working properly in windows 10

I bought my Hp laptop model 15s-DU2036TX one month back and this problem has persisted since then. When i open my camera app, it shows error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> and microphone also doesn't detect the voice. Sometimes it starts working suddenly for once and then again shows error. I have tried all the possible solutions and even reset my PC.

I unistalled the camera driver and tried to reinstall it by the option 'scan for any hardware changes' in the device manager. But the camera driver did not come back. I cannot find it in the hidden devices also.

Is there any way to manually install the camera driver?

Please help out by sharing any information or solution regarding this problem.

:)

Arathi Krishna, Sep 7, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Edelweiss Win User
    USB Camera + Microphone not working after Windows 10 Update

Yesterday I got an update from Windows 10. I waited 1-2 hours for it to finish but after the update I have problems with my USB Camera and Microphone. The devices are connected and I can see them listed as USB 2.0 MIC but they are not working. I tried the hardware on a laptop with Windows 7 and it works. I tried uninstalling the drivers and rebooting and installing the drivers again, but it didn't help.

When I click on the microphone settings and I check the box "listen to this device", I can hear my voice through the speakers. It seems the problem is the software changes after the update.

After the update Windows 10 asked me questions about data collection and speech recognition. I clicked the 2nd response (which is negative - not to use any speech recognition and data collection). Could this have broken the USB Camera + Microphone?

Any idea how to fix this stupid Windows 10 problem?

Edelweiss, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Rolly13 Win User

Camera and microphone driver not working properly in windows 10

Microphone not working properly after upgrade to 1803

After upgrade to 1803 my microphone is not working properly. I googeld and found many times this answer:

1. Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"
    2. Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"
    3. Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to ON
    Among the apps that are showing is Edge. There the mike is working, but on chrome and my games microphone is not working

Rolly13, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Camera and microphone driver not working properly in windows 10

1. Camera and microphone driver not working properly in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Camera microphone driver

2. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working properly: My inbuilt laptop microphone Microsoft Array-Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones is not working properly. When I record something using this microphone the audio gets recorded at 0.5x speed. When I play the recorded audio it plays like I am listening at 2x of...
  3. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working properly: My inbuilt laptop microphone Microsoft Array-Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones is not working properly. When I record something using this microphone the audio gets recorded at 0.5x speed. When I play the recorded audio it plays like I am listening at 2x of...
  4. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working properly: HelloI have a weird situation. First, if no microphone is plugged in my laptop I can't use built in mic. like when I go to control panel or settings and test the mic, it doesn't record anything. then if I want to use a Bluetooth device with a mic, I can use it without any...
  5. camera not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not working properly: this image is keep on showing on our camera even though I already tried troubleshooting and reinstall the camera driver still the same result, camera light is lighting and the show/hide button on top of the camera is working but it doesn't affect the image appearing on the...
  6. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone not working properly: When I am on a call, and some audio is playing on my device in the background, the other side is able to hear the background sound. My PC doesn't cancel that voice.Is there a way to fix this?...
  7. Microphone that works properly on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone that works properly on windows 10: Hi all - Windows ten is making me angry. None of my previously compatible devices work anymore. Can someone tell me - is there a microphone, preferrably one that I can clip onto my shirt, that is compatible with windows ten? My current computer Dell xps 13 only has USBC...
  8. Microphone is not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is not working properly: I can't hear anyone chat or voice I think my microphone is not working in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-not-working-properly/bbe3805d-db3e-48f8-9a16-8585362f005f
  9. Camera Is not Working Properly

Camera Is not Working Properly: I just updated my Lenovo with Windows 10. I hosted a Zoom meeting and all I can see is this with the camera on. The same thing happens with my Camera App. Help please![ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. windows microphone driver not working properly

windows microphone driver not working properly: for some reason my microphone both built in and headset stopped working. I manager to fix it by rolling back the driver but eventually it cause my headset mic to stop working. after i uninstall my mic driver Realtek audio and reinstalled it from windows update it downloaded...