Windows 10: Camera and microphone inaccessible to different programs

Discus and support Camera and microphone inaccessible to different programs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I need help with my camera and microphone. When I use the Camera app from the Microsoft Store it is absolutely functional. But when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnPham2002, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Camera and microphone inaccessible to different programs

Hello everyone,

I need help with my camera and microphone.

When I use the Camera app from the Microsoft Store it is absolutely functional. But when I need to take photos or record videos with other programs (in one particular case, I'm video calling on Facebook on Google Chrome), it will state the error as "Hardware access error" as in the screen snip given below. I tried troubleshooting the problem many times as well as checking its functionality on different programs. I checked the access permission in Windows Setting as well as access permission on the programs themselves. I also tried to disable and enable the drivers again, though all of these attempts failed over and over again.

Therefore I am posting this in an effort of fixing this problem. Any replies, suggestions or answers will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

John Camera and microphone inaccessible to different programs b83ff9de-dc76-412b-96d5-f3d1bf6675f8?upload=true.png

:)

JohnPham2002, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Windows 10 camera and microphone

Hi Mary,

Integration of the camera and microphone systems on an application is facilitated by both the hardware and software components of your device. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're able to use the camera and microphone on other applications like Skype, Facebook, Google Hangouts etc.
    • The last changes made/activities performed on your device prior to the issue.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, please refer to the following links to troubleshoot the camera and microphone components of your device:

Troubleshoot camera

Troubleshoot microphone

Also, we'd recommend testing the camera using the application's test procedures. To do this, you can perform the following:

Before a meeting

• Login to the Zoom client.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click the Video tab.
    • You will then see a preview of your camera and you can choose a different camera if needed.
    • Click the Audio tab to test for sound.

During a meeting

• In the meeting controls, click the arrow nest to Mute/Unmute.
    • Click Audio options.
    • This will open the audio settings.
    • Click Test Speaker to play a sound. If you cannot hear it, select a different speaker from the menu or adjust the Output volume.
    • In the Microphone section, you will see the green Input Level bar move when Zoom is picking up audio.
    • Click the Test Mic to test your microphone.
    • Your audio will start recording. Click Recording when you are done and it will play back. You can select another microphone from the menu or adjust the input level.
    • Tick Automatically adjust microphone settings if you want Zoom to adjust the input volume automatically.

Note: The steps are based on the stated procedures from its developer's website. Please contact the developer should you need further application specific support.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Camera and microphone inaccessible to different programs

camera n microphone not working all of a sudden

Hi,

To assist you better with your camera and microphone not working, we need the following information:

• What device are you using when trying to use your camera and microphone?
    • What is the exact error message?

You may want to check possible troubleshooting steps
    here

Let us know how it goes.

Christian Mart, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Camera and microphone inaccessible to different programs

1. Camera and microphone inaccessible to different programs - Similar Threads - Camera microphone inaccessible

2. camera and microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera and microphone: on messenger my camera and microphone not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone/5a46616e-bf6f-4bbe-b428-6b34de870afb
  3. camera and microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera and microphone: Having trouble to access to camera and microphone Facebook can you please help me with this. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone/1a8e0c08-8c65-489a-8031-3016a8c8720b
  4. camera and microphone

camera and microphone: i have tried everything in settings, unplugging, restarting and nothing works. HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone/6e2fe666-82c2-4273-a937-20cd02deaeef
  5. Programs and apps can't access microphone or camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Programs and apps can't access microphone or camera: I am using a Legion 5 15IMH05H laptop.As in the title, programs and apps such as the built-in Windows 10 Camera, built-in Windows 10 Voice Recorder, Discord, and Google Chrome won't give any output or receive any input?. These programs show that they are using the camera...
  6. My camera and microphone are in use by another program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My camera and microphone are in use by another program?: The what? No they’re not! Tried using zoom today and got this message regardless of the browser. How do I discern what is using them? Please let me know what additional information is required to help. Thanks gals ‘n’ guys submitted by /u/Johnnymi25 [link] [comments]...
  7. Granting Permission for a program to use microphone and camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Granting Permission for a program to use microphone and camera: Hi I log onto a virtual desktop for work, and when asked if I wanted the program to have access to my mic and camera, I said no and ticked the box to say not to ask me again. Now I have to let the program have access, and I don't know how to reset the message. Any...
  8. camera and microphone

camera and microphone: camera and microphone not on device manager list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone/7bed4d19-01a7-49c3-9ced-d85664bc0b77
  9. Camera and microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera and microphone: I tried to use the camera to make a video - on Lenovo Ideapad 330S OS 10 - but the "microphone muted" message prevented the video to record. I did the settings/privacy/microphone suggestion to no avail. I tried to get Cortana to turn on the mic but she cannot hear me. I did...
  10. windows 10 camera is inaccessible

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 camera is inaccessible: Windows 10 camera is inaccessible. Here is what I've done to try and find it: Went on YouTube and tried virtually every remedy. Went into PC Settings/Privacy - it is turned on for apps. Went into Device Manager- highlighted hidden devices- nothing listed in any subcategory...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone inaccessible