Windows 10: Camera and microphone

Discus and support Camera and microphone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried to use the camera to make a video - on Lenovo Ideapad 330S OS 10 - but the "microphone muted" message prevented the video to record. I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ElpenorG, Mar 26, 2019.

1. ElpenorG Win User

Camera and microphone

I tried to use the camera to make a video - on Lenovo Ideapad 330S OS 10 - but the "microphone muted" message prevented the video to record.

I did the settings/privacy/microphone suggestion to no avail. I tried to get Cortana to turn on the mic but she cannot hear me. I did the steps to turn her on but she still can't hear me. Suggestions? thanks

:)

ElpenorG, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Mar 26, 2019
  3. camera n microphone not working all of a sudden

Hi,

To assist you better with your camera and microphone not working, we need the following information:

• What device are you using when trying to use your camera and microphone?
    • What is the exact error message?

You may want to check possible troubleshooting steps
    here

Let us know how it goes.

Christian Mart, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Camera and microphone

Windows 10 camera and microphone

Hi Mary,

Integration of the camera and microphone systems on an application is facilitated by both the hardware and software components of your device. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're able to use the camera and microphone on other applications like Skype, Facebook, Google Hangouts etc.
    • The last changes made/activities performed on your device prior to the issue.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, please refer to the following links to troubleshoot the camera and microphone components of your device:

Troubleshoot camera

Troubleshoot microphone

Also, we'd recommend testing the camera using the application's test procedures. To do this, you can perform the following:

Before a meeting

• Login to the Zoom client.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click the Video tab.
    • You will then see a preview of your camera and you can choose a different camera if needed.
    • Click the Audio tab to test for sound.

During a meeting

• In the meeting controls, click the arrow nest to Mute/Unmute.
    • Click Audio options.
    • This will open the audio settings.
    • Click Test Speaker to play a sound. If you cannot hear it, select a different speaker from the menu or adjust the Output volume.
    • In the Microphone section, you will see the green Input Level bar move when Zoom is picking up audio.
    • Click the Test Mic to test your microphone.
    • Your audio will start recording. Click Recording when you are done and it will play back. You can select another microphone from the menu or adjust the input level.
    • Tick Automatically adjust microphone settings if you want Zoom to adjust the input volume automatically.

Note: The steps are based on the stated procedures from its developer's website. Please contact the developer should you need further application specific support.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Camera and microphone

1. Camera and microphone - Similar Threads - Camera microphone

2. Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions: This has been asked on and off for over 10 years according to google, so Microsoft must be doing some A/B testing nonsense.Why is the camera app forcing me to enable Microphone permissions when it has never forced this before? I don't want an answer about how to enable Mic...
  3. Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions: This has been asked on and off for over 10 years according to google, so Microsoft must be doing some A/B testing nonsense.Why is the camera app forcing me to enable Microphone permissions when it has never forced this before? I don't want an answer about how to enable Mic...
  4. Has your built-in camera microphone stopped working suddenly and you get an error message...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has your built-in camera microphone stopped working suddenly and you get an error message...: built in microphone on built in camera on laptop had just stopped working a few months ago and wanted me to check privacy settings which were all on. error message was "check camera privacy settings to enable microphone as soon as i started to record video ..... video record...
  5. Has your built-in camera microphone stopped working suddenly and you get an error message...

Has your built-in camera microphone stopped working suddenly and you get an error message...: built in microphone on built in camera on laptop had just stopped working a few months ago and wanted me to check privacy settings which were all on. error message was "check camera privacy settings to enable microphone as soon as i started to record video ..... video record...
  6. my camera and microphone aren't working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my camera and microphone aren't working.: I updated my computer and then it still didn't work. my camera says error code: 0xA00F4244<Nocamerasareattached> but the camera is built into the computer i tried troubleshooting but nothing happened and its still not working and still showing this error...
  7. my camera and microphone aren't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my camera and microphone aren't working.: I updated my computer and then it still didn't work. my camera says error code: 0xA00F4244<Nocamerasareattached> but the camera is built into the computer i tried troubleshooting but nothing happened and its still not working and still showing this error...
  8. my camera and microphone aren't working.

9. camera, microphone and airplane keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera, microphone and airplane keys are not working: The keys for the camera F8 and microphone F4 do not work anymore. The other function keys do work, aside from the airplane one. I am using a Windows 11, which has always worked perfectly! Thank you for your help :...
  10. camera, microphone and airplane keys are not working

camera, microphone and airplane keys are not working: The keys for the camera F8 and microphone F4 do not work anymore. The other function keys do work, aside from the airplane one. I am using a Windows 11, which has always worked perfectly! Thank you for your help :...