Windows 10: Camera and Movies&TV not working well

Discus and support Camera and Movies&TV not working well in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello I have problems using camera and movies&tv apps. when using camera app, it opens well and it also detects where my face is, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sonamu, Sep 28, 2019.

1. sonamu Win User

Camera and Movies&TV not working well

Camera and Movies&TV not working well abb3b216-323c-48e8-9c19-071d4d8928b1?upload=true.jpg
    Hello

I have problems using camera and movies&tv apps.

when using camera app, it opens well and it also detects where my face is, but it only shows black screen instead of camera.

Also when using movies&tv app, it loads the video well, but same problem occurs too..

My processor is Intel core i5-5200U and my graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 5500.

It works well when I use other video players and camera apps, but makes problem only in windows built in apps.

I've already tried upgrading or rolling back graphics driver, and it doesn't work at all.

What should I do?

:)

sonamu, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

Get Movies & TV - Microsoft Store

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

Get Movies & TV - Microsoft Store

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Camera and Movies&TV not working well

Window Media Player and Movies & TV arent working with internet conection

Hi Carlos,

I realize that WMP and M& TV app is not working on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

As Windows Media Player is not able to access the file, suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if that helps. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.

Select “Windows Media Player Settings” troubleshooter and run it to check if that helps.

Further, you may also take ownership of the file to check if that helps.

Follow these steps:

• Right click the file and select Properties.

• Click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click Change. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

• Type the name of the person that you want to give ownership to, and then click Check Names.

Note: The account name for the person that you are assigning ownership to is displayed.

• Click OK.

• If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the “Replace owner on sub-containers and objects” check box.

• Click OK.

For the Movies & TV app issue, suggest you to post the query in the Movies & TV forum:
    Results in Music, Movies & TV - Microsoft Community

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Camera and Movies&TV not working well

1. Camera and Movies&TV not working well - Similar Threads - Camera Movies&TV working

2. Movies & TV app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV app not working: Earlier i tried to open a video and it said this : and after i switched my default video player to another one, and it works. but how do i bring back Movies & TV, i tried to trouble shoot and it says "hanging and crashing issues" how do i fix this, please help.i tried...
  3. Movies & TV app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV app not working: Earlier i tried to open a video and it said this : and after i switched my default video player to another one, and it works. but how do i bring back Movies & TV, i tried to trouble shoot and it says "hanging and crashing issues" how do i fix this, please help....
  4. Movies And TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies And TV: Hello There, Since I Have Reinstalled My Movies And TV App Whenever I Play A Video It Says "Cant Play Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.Error 0x800700ea I Watched The Same Video On Other Players Like...
  5. Movies and TV

Movies and TV: Hello, I have rented a few movies in the Microsoft Store on my PC, but I want to watch them on my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, is there any way I can watch the movies I bought on my phone? Is there a certain app I can download? I can't find the Movies and TV app...
  6. Movies & TV

Movies & TV: I have windows 10. Why are all the movies I rent EXPIRED on the same day as I rent them??? It all began on Dec. 07, 2019. The registry fix is impossibe> How do I get what I have PAID for??????...
  7. Movies & TV app not working.

Movies & TV app not working.: I recently tried to watch a video on my computer and I got this message [ATTACH] I tried to open the app on its own, and all that seemed to happen is that the outline of the app's window showed up for a split second before disappearing. I also tried to follow the steps in...
  8. Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV: How do I stop Movies & TV application from starting alone when I put it into Pause? I stopped auto play in the Microsoft Store settings and it stills plays around 10 seconds after I put it in Pause. Thanks...
  9. movies & TV

movies & TV: When I play a movie I get the sound but the window is solid green, I can't see the video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv/451af57b-80ec-4dd0-8a40-9c47f2325f5f
  10. Movie & TV

Movie & TV: Hello, Movie & Tv do not read .mov video. It works on VCL, windows media player, itunes, Quicktime, but not Movie & Tv. Do you have a solution ? Thank you 27617