Windows 10: Camera and Skype Windows 10

Discus and support Camera and Skype Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new HP Laptop with Windows 10. I have installed Skype, however, both the built in camera and an external Logitech camera are recognized by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WalterHill2, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Camera and Skype Windows 10

I have a new HP Laptop with Windows 10. I have installed Skype, however, both the built in camera and an external Logitech camera are recognized by Skype, but immediately when accessing either camera the application begins flashing, every several seconds between the Skype page and a black screen. i have reinstalled Skype 5 times. Both cameras are accessible without any problem by all other apps on my computer. I have allowed permissions for the cameras on security settings in Windows. I have updated Windows and made sure all drivers for the cameras are up to date. I have rebooted dozens of times. NO change. The USB Logitech camera works fine on my other computers, including Windows 10 and other versions with Skype.

:)

WalterHill2, Jul 27, 2019
  2. dorsetknob, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Windows 10 and Skype

And not only that but also:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update will double the number of Start menu ads/promoted apps

Sure, all that stuff can be uninstalled but then again who needs more crapware

edit: without that W10 clean installation could've been much faster just like on ltsb version

clean out-of-box start menu on W10 ltsb

Camera and Skype  Windows 10 windows-10-start-menu.png

Drone, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Camera and Skype Windows 10

camera on laptop not working with skype windows 10

Hi Nicky,

Since your camera has worked before, there may be changes on your computer that caused it to stop working. For us to isolate this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Have you performed any updates or made any changes on your computer before the camera stopped working?
    • Is the camera working with other apps?
    • Have you set Skype as one of the apps that can use the camera?

While waiting for your reply, let's verify if Skype is one of the apps that is allowed to use the camera. Follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo, then select Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Camera.
    • Make sure Let apps use the camera is turned on.
    • Under Choose apps that can use your camera, make sure that Skype
      is set to ON.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Camera and Skype Windows 10

1. Camera and Skype Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Camera Skype

2. Camera working in windows 10 but not in Zoom or Skype.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera working in windows 10 but not in Zoom or Skype.: Dear Sir/ Madam. I am using a 2015 Lenovo G50 80 Laptop with i7 processor and it was supplied with Windows 8.1. When I did the free upgrade to Windows 10, I found that the video was showing a black background in Zoom and Skype. I have used the camera separately to take videos...
  3. Camera working in windows 10 but not in Zoom or Skype.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera working in windows 10 but not in Zoom or Skype.: Dear Sir/ Madam. I am using a 2015 Lenovo G50 80 Laptop with i7 processor and it was supplied with Windows 8.1. When I did the free upgrade to Windows 10, I found that the video was showing a black background in Zoom and Skype. I have used the camera separately to take videos...
  4. how do i unlock my camera for zoom and skype?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i unlock my camera for zoom and skype?: how do I unlock my camera for zoom and skype? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-my-camera-for-zoom-and-skype/ae0aa2a0-4745-4cca-8858-63070fd5c98e
  5. how do i unlock my camera for zoom and skype?

how do i unlock my camera for zoom and skype?: how do I unlock my camera for zoom and skype? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-my-camera-for-zoom-and-skype/ae0aa2a0-4745-4cca-8858-63070fd5c98e
  6. how do i unlock my camera for zoom and skype?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. your camera is unavailable or used by another app whatsapp and skype

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your camera is unavailable or used by another app whatsapp and skype: I cant work with the camera while using skype and Whatsapp on my laptop.The driver of the camera is updated and the hardware of the camera work as well. I accept the camera access in the privacy of setting and check in device manager but the camera still does not work ....
  8. your camera is unavailable or used by another app whatsapp and skype

your camera is unavailable or used by another app whatsapp and skype: I cant work with the camera while using skype and Whatsapp on my laptop.The driver of the camera is updated and the hardware of the camera work as well. I accept the camera access in the privacy of setting and check in device manager but the camera still does not work ....
  9. your camera is unavailable or used by another app whatsapp and skype

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. I am unable to detect a camera on Skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am unable to detect a camera on Skype: Hello there, I have a USB camera that I purchased and it can work in Zoom and in the Camera app. However, it does not work for Skype and Teams. Any help will be much appreciated. We have tried the privacy options and this is what it looks like:I also noticed that the Skype...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype camera not working windows phone