Windows 10: Camera and video not working

Discus and support Camera and video not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Only recently have I needed to use the camera and video on my laptop only to find it doesn't work. I get a 'something went wrong' notice:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by buzzabout, Apr 26, 2020.

1. buzzabout Win User

Camera and video not working

Only recently have I needed to use the camera and video on my laptop only to find it doesn't work. I get a 'something went wrong' notice: 0xA00F425C<VideoCaptureFileCreationFailed>0x80270200

I've checked every setting a million times but to no avail. Yet, mysteriously and really annoyingly it did take one photo of me without me knowing and that I didn't want and can't delete which has appeared on my Windows profile. How on earth did that happen?

The lens works on Zoom although with a dark and reddish tinge, also not responding to adjustments other than F12 making the image look over exposed.

:)

buzzabout, Apr 26, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 26, 2020
  3. cannot upload camera or camcorder pics & videos

Hi Scott,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re unable to import photos and videos after upgrading to Windows 10.

This could be due to incorrect Auto play settings. I suggest you to follow the steps as shown below and check if it helps.

• Plug in the Camera.
    • Go to Start and type AutoPlay Settings.
    • Choose AutoPlay Settings.
    • Under your Camera Device, choose the option "Import Photos and Videos."
    • Exit Auto Play Settings and check if the issue persists.
    You may refer to the article “Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD” for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/import-photos-videos

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Camera and video not working

Web Camera is not working

Hello

I assume by your comment "black screen appears in video call", you are experiencing problems in other camera apps as well, possibly Skype. If your camera isn't working in any applications this is indicative of a camera driver issue. Please try the steps
    listed here to resolve your issue:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/fix-windows-camera-app-problems-with-usb-web-cameras

If your issue isn't resolved after running the steps, please report back with your camera make and model and the driver information you aquire from step 3.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom A - Windows Camera Platform Team [MSFT], Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Camera and video not working

1. Camera and video not working - Similar Threads - Camera video working

2. Camera and video not working in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera and video not working in Windows: My camera stopped working, as did my video on my computer. There isn't a visual of any sort, other than a big line through the camera icon. Video sound is working, but no visual. I had this issue a few years back but have forgotten how to fix it.I went to Settings, Privacy,...
  3. Camera and video not working in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera and video not working in Windows: My camera stopped working, as did my video on my computer. There isn't a visual of any sort, other than a big line through the camera icon. Video sound is working, but no visual. I had this issue a few years back but have forgotten how to fix it.I went to Settings, Privacy,...
  4. Microsoft Camera Video Not Working

Microsoft Camera Video Not Working: Ok, put down the ping pong paddles guys. You have a problem to fix. As of now the video feature does not work on Camera....why?I have reset the app and the problem persists. When you click the video icon it seems to take a photo creating a flawed file that can't be...
  5. Camera nor video is working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera nor video is working: Camera Error code is: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> 0x8007001F Video Capture Devices: FriendlyName: Integrated Camera Category: Camera SymbolicLink:...
  6. video camera stopped working

video camera stopped working: The video camera app on my laptop Windows 10 doesn't record video anymore. It works with photos but only "records" video files of 0 bytes. What can I do? It worked for several years before without a glitch....
  7. video camera not working

video camera not working: Hi, i updated my windows to 10 recently and my camera is not working properly. Im using a4 tech pk-838g but my windows 10 detects it as vimicro 2.0 usb pc camera venus, my discord finds it as camera but doesn't show anything when im trying to use it, it stopped working before...
  8. video camera not working

video camera not working: video camera not working checked has current device driver. Do not know what else to chack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-camera-not-working/7c54ad4f-6505-401c-8f0f-4ef3b5756b89
  9. camera app not working for video

camera app not working for video: The camera app freezes when I try to record video. It is fine for still images. It was working fine one day, then the next stopped working. When you try to record, the timer sometimes starts but the image freezes. Then when you click stop, nothing is saved. I've tried...
  10. Camera and video not working

Camera and video not working: I am a student and now that my university has all online classes , we are using Zoom to hold virtual classes which started today. I can see everyone and hear them. They can all hear me ,but not see me. Zoom says that they cannot detect a camera. I've look and I don't have a...