Windows 10: Camera app adjusts white balance incorrectly

Discus and support Camera app adjusts white balance incorrectly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Help. When I start up any app that uses the camera, the color looks fine for a second, and then the skin tones become almost banana yellow. I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Laura_GB, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Laura_GB Win User

Camera app adjusts white balance incorrectly

Help. When I start up any app that uses the camera, the color looks fine for a second, and then the skin tones become almost banana yellow. I think Windows is trying to compensate for indoor lighting, but not doing it correctly. According to Windows, I have the most current driver, but it is dated 2006, and apparently manufacturers cannot supply their own drivers in windows 10. So what is going on and how can I shut off whatever feature windows is trying to use?!

:)

Laura_GB, Jun 11, 2021
  2. ReqJo Win User

Change white balance for built-in webcam

Hi,

I need to change the white balance of my laptop's built-in webcam, but I cannot find the settings anywhere. Skin tone's currently look overly yellow. When I go the Start and search for camera, two options come up - Camera and S Camera.
    It appears that Camera is the default app in use. I have checked both and cannot find settings for the white balance, despite following instructions found online for it (right clicking inside the Camera app does not give me any options).
    When I do a search for "white balance" on the laptop, no results are returned relating to laptop settings.

Please advise where I can find the white balance settings for the built-in webcam (not the monitor display) and how I can adjust it. I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop and am using Windows 10.

Thanks

ReqJo, Jun 11, 2021
  3. 808 - white balance problem

This problem STILL exists!

Just to recap and recount the issue as I see it:

The white balance presets 'Incandescent' and 'Florescent' do not work in either photos or video. Both seem to simply act like white balance is set to auto.

Steps to reproduce:

* start camera

* go to creative mode

* chose a creative preset (1-3) and reset it

* select 'Incandescent' or 'Florescent' white balance preset

* point camera at something light brown and you'll see the colour begin to wash out towards blue

* quickly move camera to something white and you'll see the colour change from blue to white

The last two points above indicate that the presets are being ignored completely and the camera is using auto white balance.

This really causes problems when trying to film indoors.

Please fix asap :thumbsup:

matthewleech---01, Jun 11, 2021
  4. grschinon Win User

5800 Video capture - disable white balance

The sensitivity has nothing to do with the white balance.

You can adjust the white balance, which is what you asked for, but not the ALC (sensitivity).

grschinon, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Camera app adjusts white balance incorrectly - Similar Threads - Camera app adjusts

2. Adjust Beats Fit Pro balance and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adjust Beats Fit Pro balance and Windows 10: When I go into control panel, windows locks both the balance sliders so when one goes up, the othwr does to and same for down. This is my school laptop so I don’t have admin and regedit is blocked, this there any fix? Windows version: 21H2 2023-02 Cumulative update...
  3. Adjust Windows' audio balance using decimal values?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust Windows' audio balance using decimal values?: Hi. I have an issue with my headset where the audio is always unbalanced, and because of a simple oversight in the audio settings page, I can't change this. If I move the right slider up, the audio leans to the right. If I leave the right slider at the same level as the...
  4. Audio Balancer is Borked, L adjusts R, R adjusts L

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Balancer is Borked, L adjusts R, R adjusts L: Hello. As the title says, my audio balancer is acting backwards. If i adjust the L slider higher, my right headphone cup gets louder. If i adjust the R slider up, the left cup gets louder. Any fix i can do? I'm using a usb 3.5mm TRRS Dukabel audio adapter if that makes any...
  5. Change white balance for built-in webcam

Change white balance for built-in webcam: Hi, I need to change the white balance of my laptop's built-in webcam, but I cannot find the settings anywhere. Skin tone's currently look overly yellow. When I go the Start and search for camera, two options come up - Camera and S Camera. It appears that Camera is the...
  6. Can't Adjust Audio Balance

Can't Adjust Audio Balance: Hello! So, I recently connected my AirPods to my Dell Laptop, but my right AirPod is quieter than my left. On my phone, I have adjusted the audio balance to compensate, so I tried to do the same thing on my laptop. For some reason, when I go to adjust the balance on the...
  7. Cannot adjust audio balance to bluetooth earbuds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot adjust audio balance to bluetooth earbuds: Like a number of other people who have written in to here, I have Bluetooth earbuds that I am unable to adjust the balance of the audio going out to them. I have hearing loss in one ear and need to have the right ear louder than the left. No problem with wired earbuds. But...
  8. How to adjust audio balance in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to adjust audio balance in Windows 10: One of the main components of many activities on our computer – be it watching videos, listening to music, video-chatting – is the audio. That’s why in this guide, we are going to discuss how to adjust the audio balance in Windows 10. Windows 10, like many previous Windows...
  9. Color tones or white balance

Color tones or white balance: The screen color is changing depending on the overall brightness of what is being displayed. The color tones are shifted towards yellow. I tried to update my graphic card drivers Geforce GT640 and my screen on Asus PB238 without any success....
  10. adjusting advanced camera settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    adjusting advanced camera settings: how to do that ? haw can I change the brightness, contrast and color balance of my video ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjusting-advanced-camera-settings/458b57a8-b9ba-423b-8310-5cbc24e5c996

Users found this page by searching for:

1. white balance usb camera windows 10