Windows 10: Camera app and Zoom won't record audio

Discus and support Camera app and Zoom won't record audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't get the Camera App or Zoom to record my audio. When I test the audio on Zoom, I can see that the device is picking up the sound, but for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nobuhle Sibusiso, May 8, 2021.

1. Camera app and Zoom won't record audio

I can't get the Camera App or Zoom to record my audio. When I test the audio on Zoom, I can see that the device is picking up the sound, but for some reason, I cannot get it to record. I tried the troubleshooting advice I found here. All the drivers are current, and all the apps I could find have been set to access the microphone. The first pic is a screenshot of my recording device. When I attempt to configure the microphone, I receive a message that the computer couldn't hear any sound.

:)

Nobuhle Sibusiso, May 8, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, May 8, 2021
  3. Windows Camera app not recording sound

I have been trying to record video using the Windows Camera app (Windows version 1909), but no sound gets recorded. The default audio input device is the microphone in my webcam, and the audio preferences for Camera are set to default. I was able to use the same setup yesterday to have a Skype conversation with audio capture. I have tried replaying the video recorded in the Camera app in VLC, but there is no sound there either, so the problem is definitely with recording rather than playback. Why doesn't the Camera app record sound?

ricecrispies, May 8, 2021
  4. Camera app and Zoom won't record audio

Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Camera app and Zoom won't record audio

1. Camera app and Zoom won't record audio - Similar Threads - Camera app Zoom

2. Zoom and camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zoom and camera: When I try to access my integrated camera for a Zoom meeting, the light comes on as if the camera is on but no picture is displayed. I've done all the things! been at this for hours. Have settings correct to allow Zoom access to my camera. Help?...
  3. Camera Works with Zoom Not With Camera App or Bluejeans App

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Works with Zoom Not With Camera App or Bluejeans App: Suddenly the camera Logitech C930E no longer works with the Camera App or with Bluejeans. It works with Zoom. I have tried every "solution" offered by every web site addressing the question. None work. I have rebooted and tried the Camera App before using any other app. No...
  4. Camera Works with Zoom Not With Camera App or Bluejeans App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Works with Zoom Not With Camera App or Bluejeans App: Suddenly the camera Logitech C930E no longer works with the Camera App or with Bluejeans. It works with Zoom. I have tried every "solution" offered by every web site addressing the question. None work. I have rebooted and tried the Camera App before using any other app. No...
  5. Camera Works with Zoom Not With Camera App or Bluejeans App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Camera app records video with MONO audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Camera app records video with MONO audio: [ATTACH] Info about my system: Computer: 10 year old Dell Inspiron 1564 Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 2004 OS build: 19041.388 Camera app version: 2020.504.40.0 Earlier this day, I was recording a clip of my 1983 Sanyo boombox playing a cassette tape, with...
  7. camera won't work on zoom

in Windows 10 Customization
    camera won't work on zoom: I can't get my camera to work on zoom meetings. I get a gray screen with a camera with a line through it. It says that another app is using the camera....HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-wont-work-on-zoom/20fbdf78-f478-44c3-ab8b-bb76b4d10960
  8. Camera not recording audio in Windows 10

Camera not recording audio in Windows 10: When I record a video using my laptop cam and play it back there is no audio. It seems to work just fine when I am in a Zoom meeting and I have run the troubleshooters with no success. Can you help?...
  9. Zoom-camera

Zoom-camera: I have been on zoom and a month ago my camera was on so that everyone could see me. The last two times I was on my camera is on light is on but my picture doesn't show on the screen....
  10. CAMERA AND ZOOM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CAMERA AND ZOOM: MY PICTURE COULD NOT BE DISPLAYED WHEN JOINING A GROUP MEETING THIS MORNING. IT HAS WORKED BEFORE. MY NAME WAS THERE, AND MY VOICE, BUT NO FACE. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM, AND HOW TO FIX? HELP PLEASE....