Windows 10: Camera app barcode scanner not working

Discus and support Camera app barcode scanner not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a QR code on a piece of paper. I open the Windows 11 Camera app and select "scan barcode." I hold the code up to the camera. And no sign of life... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matt_245, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Matt_245 Win User

Camera app barcode scanner not working

I have a QR code on a piece of paper. I open the Windows 11 Camera app and select "scan barcode." I hold the code up to the camera. And no sign of life from the camera. I saw an instructional video that showed the URL should show up in the app, but not in my case.

:)

Matt_245, Nov 15, 2022

2. How to disable code pairing password for keyboard input (barcode scanner)

Hi Sebastian,

To help you better, please answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of the Barcode Scanner?

The reason your Barcode scanner is being recognized as a Keyboard could be because the Barcode scanner would not have a compatible firmware to recognize the device in Windows 10. I suggest you to check if the Barcode scanner is compatible with Windows
    10 and you may contact the manufacturer support if the device is not compatible.

Let us know if you have further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Nov 15, 2022
  3. blitzkid Win User
    is there an WORKING barcode scanner for NOKIA C7 RM-675 ???

Barcode scanning is not efficient with the full focus camera of the C7. That's the reason behind apps failing when used in C7. I'm also still to come across a good barcode scanner.

blitzkid, Nov 15, 2022
  4. Entegy Win User

Barcode Scanner

Weight Watchers needs to make a Windows Phone version of their app. And it seems that they only have some sort of members-only

calculator app
    in the marketplace. The permissions don't ask to use the camera, so this app has no barcode scanner.

Entegy, Nov 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Camera app barcode scanner not working - Similar Threads - Camera app barcode

2. Camera app barcode scanner not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera app barcode scanner not working: I have a QR code on a piece of paper. I open the Windows 11 Camera app and select "scan barcode." I hold the code up to the camera. And no sign of life from the camera. I saw an instructional video that showed the URL should show up in the app, but not in my case....
  3. Wasp WPA1200 Barcode Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wasp WPA1200 Barcode Scanner: I need help, I'm trying to hook up my Wasp WPA1200 barcode scanner which runs on Windows Mobile to my Windows 10 laptop. I've got them connected via ActiveSync but I can't seem to transmit scanned barcodes from my scanner to laptop. I want to use this scanner to scan barcodes...
  4. Wasp WPA1200 Barcode Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wasp WPA1200 Barcode Scanner: I need help, I'm trying to hook up my Wasp WPA1200 barcode scanner which runs on Windows Mobile to my Windows 10 laptop. I've got them connected via ActiveSync but I can't seem to transmit scanned barcodes from my scanner to laptop. I want to use this scanner to scan barcodes...
  5. Barcode option in Camera app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Barcode option in Camera app: I heard there is a new feature in WINDOWS camera application called 'BarCode'I can't wait to have this feature into my camera application. Someone on YouTube says he can use it without installing any third part application....
  6. Barcode option in Camera app

Barcode option in Camera app: I heard there is a new feature in WINDOWS camera application called 'BarCode'I can't wait to have this feature into my camera application. Someone on YouTube says he can use it without installing any third part application....
  7. Barcode option in Camera app

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows Camera and Barcode Scanner apps will not open an intranet URL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Camera and Barcode Scanner apps will not open an intranet URL: Hi,I am trying to use a Windows Surface or laptop to scan barcodes 2d for a manufacturing application. Using the Camera app on Win11 you can select the barcode scanning function and it will present a clickable link if the barcode has a URL. What is really strange is that it...
  9. Windows Camera and Barcode Scanner apps will not open an intranet URL

Windows Camera and Barcode Scanner apps will not open an intranet URL: Hi,I am trying to use a Windows Surface or laptop to scan barcodes 2d for a manufacturing application. Using the Camera app on Win11 you can select the barcode scanning function and it will present a clickable link if the barcode has a URL. What is really strange is that it...
  10. Bluetooth barcode scanner not recording data on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth barcode scanner not recording data on windows 10: I want to connect a portable bluetooth barcode scanner to my windows 10 tablet. It's telling that the tablet and scanner are paired and connected, but when I scan a barcode no data is recorded into software. I know the scanner works with 10 as I use it on another laptop. What...