Windows 10: Camera App does not open on Child Account

Discus and support Camera App does not open on Child Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In response to "Camera App does not open on Child Account" originally posted here:... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by yannus2u, Apr 28, 2020.

1. yannus2u Win User

Camera App does not open on Child Account

In response to "Camera App does not open on Child Account" originally posted here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-does-not-open-on-child-account/4eb57152-5ef4-46d0-bdd8-3d0ee7c66b72

I had the same issue. Turns out, i had to change the age restriction on my child's account in order for the camera app to show up. Under the family settings>"your child's account' > content and restrictions > Allow apps and games rated for > change it to "16-year-olds" or older.

You can't find this information anywhere, the "support gurus" had no clue, and I tried to reply to the other one but it was locked, so hopefully this will help someone else out.

-Take care

:)

yannus2u, Apr 28, 2020
  2. tiaguis Win User

Hello,

I gave my 2 boys an all-in-one asus PC for christmas.

I created 2 child accounts. Everything works except that the camera app doesn't work. If I log into my account on same PC, camera works fine.

I tried changing the age on the family settings but still, camera won't open while logged in as a child.

I couldn't find anything about this,

Any ideas??

thanks in advance.

tiaguis, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Child account- store and apps not opening

So, I create child accounts for my two kids so that they would use their own accounts to use our family pc and so that i could monitor their activity. The problem is that when i enter with one of the child's account the store app is not opening and many
    of the "metro" apps are not opening as well. All other accounts, including the other child's are working just fine. I have tried several suggestions but nothing seems to work, including the troubleshooter fix issued from microsoft. Is there a workaround?

Georgios Kouliatsis, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Camera App does not open on Child Account - Similar Threads - Camera App does

2. CAMERA APP DOES NOT WORK?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAMERA APP DOES NOT WORK?: i CANNOT GET MY CAMERA ONwIDWS 10 PC DESKTOP TO WORK? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-does-not-work/9223ba66-b269-4f53-a7ff-0e3aa6fe617b
  3. CAMERA APP DOES NOT WORK?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CAMERA APP DOES NOT WORK?: i CANNOT GET MY CAMERA ONwIDWS 10 PC DESKTOP TO WORK? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-does-not-work/9223ba66-b269-4f53-a7ff-0e3aa6fe617b
  4. CAMERA APP DOES NOT WORK?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot download apps on childs account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download apps on childs account: My kid got a new laptop, to be on the safe side we set him up with a child email account so we can monitor usage. However when we tried to download Netlfix for him the app store just says that he owns the app but there is no option to download it....
  6. Cannot download apps on childs account

Cannot download apps on childs account: My kid got a new laptop, to be on the safe side we set him up with a child email account so we can monitor usage. However when we tried to download Netlfix for him the app store just says that he owns the app but there is no option to download it....
  7. apps access to child account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps access to child account: hi, i am having MS application installed on my PC eg. outlook, 365, teams. Now i have created a child account for my son. How can i give him access of teams, 365 without reinstalling for his specific user Thanks...
  8. Why does the Windows Camera app close as soon as it opens?

Why does the Windows Camera app close as soon as it opens?: Camera App closes as soon as it opens on my Sony Vaio laptop. Camera works fine on Skype and Zoom. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the camera app, and it still does it....
  9. Camera does not open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera does not open: How do I "attach the device to the computer"? I have an error code 45 on my camera/web cam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-open/fa0dd05a-e938-437c-b4f3-d53d662b2aef
  10. Does a child account automatically become an adult account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Does a child account automatically become an adult account?: How does a child account become a normal adult account? Is this something that happens automatically at a certain age? Or do I as head family account holder have to initiate something? The reason I ask is because trying to use Edge on a child account is proving tiresome....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. child account camera