Windows 10: Camera app doesn't capture sound even though Skype does

Discus and support Camera app doesn't capture sound even though Skype does in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I record video with the Camera app, no sound is recorded. However, Skype does capture sound even though both apps are configured in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mediocre-Monk, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Camera app doesn't capture sound even though Skype does

When I record video with the Camera app, no sound is recorded. However, Skype does capture sound even though both apps are configured in Windows Settings to use the same default microphone (the one in my Logitech Webcam Pro 9000). I have tried playing back the video recorded in Camera in another app (VLC) and confirmed that there is no audio stream in the recorded file. I have also tried setting Camera to use a different mic (the built-in one), but I get the same absolute silence. The webcam drivers are up to date. The Camera app has permission to use the microphone. Why doesn't the Camera app record sound?

submitted by /u/Mediocre-Monk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mediocre-Monk, Mar 7, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Skype webcam sound won't work

Terminate Skype, then go to Control panel -> Sound and audio devices -> Audio -> un-check "Use only default devices", restart Skype and see if the webcam audio input is listed.

temp02, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 7, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Camera app doesn't capture sound even though Skype does

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Camera app doesn't capture sound even though Skype does [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Camera app doesn't capture sound even though Skype does

1. Camera app doesn't capture sound even though Skype does - Similar Threads - Camera app doesn't

2. Account doesn't exist, even though it does?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account doesn't exist, even though it does?: I've been trying to get my Microsoft account back for over a year now and I finally got to the point to where I can reset the password on my account. The problem is when I try to put in my email to sign in, it tells me "That Microsoft account doesn't exist." Someone put their...
  3. Account doesn't exist, even though it does?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account doesn't exist, even though it does?: I've been trying to get my Microsoft account back for over a year now and I finally got to the point to where I can reset the password on my account. The problem is when I try to put in my email to sign in, it tells me "That Microsoft account doesn't exist." Someone put their...
  4. Account doesn't exist, even though it does?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "Sorry, your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures." Error, even though it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Sorry, your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures." Error, even though it...: Hi there,I use the built in recorder in the Xbox Game bar to record my gameplay, I used it for 2 years and everything was perfect, it had no performance impact and footage was of great quality, however I reinstalled Windows a few days ago, and suddenly it says my hardware...
  6. "Sorry, your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures." Error, even though it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Sorry, your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures." Error, even though it...: Hi there,I use the built in recorder in the Xbox Game bar to record my gameplay, I used it for 2 years and everything was perfect, it had no performance impact and footage was of great quality, however I reinstalled Windows a few days ago, and suddenly it says my hardware...
  7. Camera does not work in Skype, even though it works in other apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera does not work in Skype, even though it works in other apps: Hi. Camera works in every app - the "Camera" app, Teams, Zoom - without problem. But it doesn't work only in Skype. It happened after update to Skype 8.66. I tried - reset pc, reinstall Skype 8.66, uninstall, install older version 8.60, 8.56, 8.39. - install last...
  8. Camera app doesn't see any camera though it is connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera app doesn't see any camera though it is connected: Using Win 10 pro 64 bit I am trying to record from a Sony Digital 8 camera using a Firewire cable and a firewire card I installed in my PC. When I used to plug the same camera with the same cable in my old Win 7 PC it recognized it immediately and could start recording....
  9. Camera problem in Skype app

Camera problem in Skype app: Hi. I'trying to set up Skype and noticed that if I access through the browser everyting works fine, while when I try to access through the Skype app, and go to video settings, the camera preview shows a black screen. Can please help me?...
  10. Skype does not recognise my camera

Skype does not recognise my camera: Hello, I have been trying Skype on my Windows 10 but it doesn't recognise my camera. I have Skype version 8.40.0.70 and the camera is built into the PC which is an Aspire 5600U. Any helpful hints would be most appreciative as I have been trying to fix this problem for...