Windows 10: Camera app doesn't see any camera though it is connected

Discus and support Camera app doesn't see any camera though it is connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Using Win 10 pro 64 bit I am trying to record from a Sony Digital 8 camera using a Firewire cable and a firewire card I installed in my PC. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndyMarci, Sep 18, 2020.

1. AndyMarci Win User

Camera app doesn't see any camera though it is connected

Using Win 10 pro 64 bit

I am trying to record from a Sony Digital 8 camera using a Firewire cable and a firewire card I installed in my PC. When I used to plug the same camera with the same cable in my old Win 7 PC it recognized it immediately and could start recording. Not so with Win 10 in my new PC.

Symptoms: I am turning the camera on, next, I hear a sound on the computer speakers signaling a device is being recognized. In theDevice Manager> under Imaging Devices I see the Sony camera> double click on camera> Device status says: "This device is working properly". When I R-click on Sony camera and then choose Update Driver> I select "Search automatically for drivers"> "Windows has determined that the best driver for this camera is already installed."

SO, the camera should be recognized. Yet, I do not find it in This PC; and when I open the Camera app, it says No cameras are attached, gives error code 0xA00F4244.

I don't know of any other ways to look for this camera even though it is seen in the device manager. The firewire card is clearly working. Windows sees there's a Sony camera attached but the apps like Camera app or Photos are unable to detect and connect with what Windows itself says it is present, it's there! All the Sony web pages on the subject tell me to how to connect with the firewire cable and how the PC should recognize the camera. Ooookay. This is so frustrating. This worked in win7. Thought we're supposed to be able to do more... not less.

Help! thanks...

:)

AndyMarci, Sep 18, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Sep 18, 2020
  3. goblinbox Win User
    Change the camera that the Windows 10 camera app uses.

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/camera-app-faq:

1. Open the Camera app.
    2. Swipe in from the bottom edge to see the app commands.
      (If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)
    3. Tap or click the Change camera button.

goblinbox, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Camera app doesn't see any camera though it is connected

camera Carl Zeiss 12MP Nokia N8 doesn´t work

Hi Guys!!! I have a Problem with Nokia N8, the camera doesn´t work, I can open the camera software and runs fine, but does not display picture (black screen), it doesn´t displays imagen in video rec mode too, if I select second camera it works well. I've
    seen that Carl Zeiss camera lens does not open when I take a picture or rec video, can this be a problem in the firmware?

I bought Nokia N8 two weeks ago, and I didn´t do any test of camera until today, My big mistake!!! :smileymad:

cdelgado67, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Camera app doesn't see any camera though it is connected

1. Camera app doesn't see any camera though it is connected - Similar Threads - Camera app doesn't

2. windows camera app is not opening and showing no cameras are connected error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows camera app is not opening and showing no cameras are connected error: I tried every steps from the previous suggestions but it didnt worked. please help me on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-camera-app-is-not-opening-and-showing-no/7a78e2e2-0bc5-4dda-96aa-3ca3f971f385
  3. windows camera app is not opening and showing no cameras are connected error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows camera app is not opening and showing no cameras are connected error: I tried every steps from the previous suggestions but it didnt worked. please help me on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-camera-app-is-not-opening-and-showing-no/7a78e2e2-0bc5-4dda-96aa-3ca3f971f385
  4. Camera App Doesn't Record Video

Camera App Doesn't Record Video: After getting my webcam I decided I would try and record some videos and test out the quality. I can open the camera app just fine and takes pictures fine, but when I go to try and take a video it stops within a second and gives me a pop-up box containing the text; "Start a...
  5. Camera Issues/not working in any App

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Issues/not working in any App: For a whole day I could join meeting in Zoom /skype etc. since none of these apps can access teh camera anymore. When using the Windwos Camera App this message appears "It looks like nother app is using teh camera already. 0xA00F4288. It is an exterior camera logitech and...
  6. Camera app doesn't work

Camera app doesn't work: Hello the camera doesn't use the right driver but the windows hello and skype and video calls works fine[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-doesnt-work/4608ca1e-71e9-4188-80b8-fbd7ca576013
  7. Camera rotation on camera app

Camera rotation on camera app: Hi, I'm using the camera app and my webcam as a visualiser for teaching. However, as I have docked it, I need to rotate the image as the camera is upside down. There doesn't seem to be this feature available on the camera app in Windows.........any suggestions?! Many...
  8. camera App not connecting to the camera

camera App not connecting to the camera: On my laptop Asus Zenbook 15 - UX534FT, during boot, the Hello program has no problem accessing the camera and it does recognize me with no problem. But none of the standard application that require the camera such as Camera, Zoom or Skype seem to be able to access the...
  9. Camera app doesn't load camera

Camera app doesn't load camera: Hi, I'm having trouble with the camera app that came installed on my Windows laptop. The problem isn't that it won't run or open, but when I do open it, it shows me a grey background with an icon on it instead of the actual camera displaying. Here's a screenshot of what I'm...
  10. Camera app doesn't capture sound even though Skype does

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera app doesn't capture sound even though Skype does: When I record video with the Camera app, no sound is recorded. However, Skype does capture sound even though both apps are configured in Windows Settings to use the same default microphone (the one in my Logitech Webcam Pro 9000). I have tried playing back the video recorded...