Windows 10: Camera app is not launching due to Privacy Settings

Discus and support Camera app is not launching due to Privacy Settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Camera app is not launching. It gives the message "We need your permission. To use this app open Privacy settings and change the settings to allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jo1708, Nov 4, 2020.

1. jo1708 Win User

Camera app is not launching due to Privacy Settings

My Camera app is not launching. It gives the message "We need your permission. To use this app open Privacy settings and change the settings to allow this app to use your camera and microphone."

All of my settings allow everything to use the camera, but the camera app still comes up with this message. I have tried opening and closing the app and the Settings page and turning off and restarting the computer, resetting the app etc.

Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

:)

jo1708, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Nov 4, 2020
  3. RLMueller Win User
    Camera App won't launch due to privacy permissions

Windows Camera App will not launch. Screen shows...

We Need Your Permission

To use this app, open Privacy settings, and change the settings to allow this app to use your camera and microphone.

troubleshooting already attempted

1. ensure camera app has permission to access microphone, camera, and location services

2. reset camera app

3. install all windows updates and update to latest camera app

4. uninstall camera device driver and reinstall

5. HW and device troubleshooter finds no problems

6. multiple system restarts during the course of debugging.

the device works fine with other applications.

OS version: Win 10 Pro 10.0.17134 build 17134

camera app version: 2018.426.70.0

RLMueller, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Camera app is not launching due to Privacy Settings

Camera App won't launch due to privacy permissions

BETTYWheatley1, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Camera app is not launching due to Privacy Settings

1. Camera app is not launching due to Privacy Settings - Similar Threads - Camera app launching

2. Location and camera privacy settings crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location and camera privacy settings crash: Camera on Lenovo laptop not workingAppears to be related to upgrade to windows 11 last monthUpdated driverWent through troubleshootReset camera appEtcWondering if it has something to do with this:When I try to access privacy settings for the camera and location services too...
  3. Location and camera privacy settings crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location and camera privacy settings crash: Camera on Lenovo laptop not workingAppears to be related to upgrade to windows 11 last monthUpdated driverWent through troubleshootReset camera appEtcWondering if it has something to do with this:When I try to access privacy settings for the camera and location services too...
  4. Discord is not showing on camera privacy settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord is not showing on camera privacy settings.: I cannot enable or disable camera on discord via privacy settings, it doesn't show up at all in general.If I could get help with this it would be useful, it's quite painful....
  5. Discord is not showing on camera privacy settings.

Discord is not showing on camera privacy settings.: I cannot enable or disable camera on discord via privacy settings, it doesn't show up at all in general.If I could get help with this it would be useful, it's quite painful....
  6. Camera and microphone privacy settings disappear

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Camera and microphone privacy settings disappear: I cannot use my microphone in Zoom. When I went to click on my camera and microphone settings, it disappears - the dialogue closes. Any ideas how I can get access to the camera and microphone permissions?...
  7. Camera not working Privacy settings error

Camera not working Privacy settings error: Hi, I have a lenovo 1507 laptop. Recently i have been facing issues with my camera application. Whenever I open my camera I get an error "we need your permission to use this app open privacy setting and change the settings to allow the app to use your camera and...
  8. Camera / Privacy Settings Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera / Privacy Settings Issue: Hi everyone, I have a Lenovo Yoga 910 and have been experiencing some trouble with the built-in webcam for quite some time and now as the demand for video conferencing has increased dramatically I am focused on trying to solve this. As I open any app that uses the camera...
  9. No camera option in Settings > Privacy.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No camera option in Settings > Privacy.: Hello, I recently bought a Microsoft HD-3000 webcam and I cannot use it because there is no option in settings to allow other apps to use the camera. There is actually no tab called Camera....
  10. Camera App won't launch due to privacy permissions

Camera App won't launch due to privacy permissions: Windows Camera App will not launch. Screen shows... We Need Your Permission To use this app, open Privacy settings, and change the settings to allow this app to use your camera and microphone. troubleshooting already attempted 1. ensure camera app has permission to...