Windows 10: camera App not connecting to the camera

Discus and support camera App not connecting to the camera in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my laptop Asus Zenbook 15 - UX534FT, during boot, the Hello program has no problem accessing the camera and it does recognize me with no problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jean-MarcZanni7729, Apr 12, 2020.

1. camera App not connecting to the camera

On my laptop Asus Zenbook 15 - UX534FT, during boot, the Hello program has no problem accessing the camera and it does recognize me with no problem.

But none of the standard application that require the camera such as Camera, Zoom or Skype seem to be able to access the camera. They do not report any error. for all of them the Camera image is just replaced with black screen with a crossed camera like if the camera is OFF as shown below:

camera App not connecting to the camera b08ec52d-9292-478f-9e55-ceb87e0eb784?upload=true.jpg

So far:

- I checked the security settings for the camera and they are all ON. I tried to toggle them on off just in case without success

- Reloaded the Device driver from the Manufacturer website.

- Checked the device status in Device manager. Driver is OK. Device is OK. The only surprising thing is to have two device when I believe I have a 3d camera. so it might very well be 2 cameras.

It all looks like that window or another program either hogs the camera or prevent the app from accessing the camera. Manufacturer next step would be a factory reset... I would like to avoid that.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Jean-MarcZanni7729, Apr 12, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 12, 2020
  3. goblinbox Win User
    Change the camera that the Windows 10 camera app uses.

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/camera-app-faq:

1. Open the Camera app.
    2. Swipe in from the bottom edge to see the app commands.
      (If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)
    3. Tap or click the Change camera button.

goblinbox, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Rocky Win User

camera App not connecting to the camera

Win10 camera

If you open the start menu and type in CAMERA and then the app comes back with the message "We can't find your camera" then you might need to check the driver that serves your camera device. Is your camera listed in the >settings > devices area?

Rocky, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

camera App not connecting to the camera

1. camera App not connecting to the camera - Similar Threads - camera App connecting

2. camera connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera connected: camera connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-connected/3c45569e-73fc-4f48-b679-9a0fa6191e7b
  3. windows camera app is not opening and showing no cameras are connected error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows camera app is not opening and showing no cameras are connected error: I tried every steps from the previous suggestions but it didnt worked. please help me on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-camera-app-is-not-opening-and-showing-no/7a78e2e2-0bc5-4dda-96aa-3ca3f971f385
  4. windows camera app is not opening and showing no cameras are connected error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows camera app is not opening and showing no cameras are connected error: I tried every steps from the previous suggestions but it didnt worked. please help me on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-camera-app-is-not-opening-and-showing-no/7a78e2e2-0bc5-4dda-96aa-3ca3f971f385
  5. windows camera app is not opening and showing no cameras are connected error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Camera not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not connected: "We can't find your camera" I have a built in camera that isn't recognized by my computer. It is turned on in settings, software up to date, not being blocked by any antivirus softwares etc. It does not appear under Device Manager....
  7. Camera not connected

Camera not connected: "We can't find your camera" I have a built in camera that isn't recognized by my computer. It is turned on in settings, software up to date, not being blocked by any antivirus softwares etc. It does not appear under Device Manager....
  8. Camera app doesn't see any camera though it is connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera app doesn't see any camera though it is connected: Using Win 10 pro 64 bit I am trying to record from a Sony Digital 8 camera using a Firewire cable and a firewire card I installed in my PC. When I used to plug the same camera with the same cable in my old Win 7 PC it recognized it immediately and could start recording....
  9. Camera rotation on camera app

Camera rotation on camera app: Hi, I'm using the camera app and my webcam as a visualiser for teaching. However, as I have docked it, I need to rotate the image as the camera is upside down. There doesn't seem to be this feature available on the camera app in Windows.........any suggestions?! Many...
  10. connecting camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    connecting camera: My AOC 21" monitor doesn't seem to have a camera port in the center of the top part of the screen. Does this mean I don't have a camera? what ever I do in settings doesn't locate a camera for me....