Windows 10: Camera app not recognizing external mic some of the time

Discus and support Camera app not recognizing external mic some of the time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Any audio/video inclined people have an answer to this question? I'm recording video using a 1080p webcam and a Zoom H6/Rode mic plugged into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DBreak78, Feb 26, 2021.

1. DBreak78 Win User

Camera app not recognizing external mic some of the time

Any audio/video inclined people have an answer to this question?
    I'm recording video using a 1080p webcam and a Zoom H6/Rode mic plugged into my windows 10 machine, recording using the Camera app. I'm running into an issue where it's defaulting to the internal mic instead of the Zoom H6 input. But only in some instances.
    For example, I just recorded a panel interview where I had my notes open in Word, and the recording picked up the internal mic. But when I was done that, I closed Word and recorded a separate file for my outro, and it picked up the Zoom/Rode. So I thought the problem may be because I have the camera in the background. But for the last panel I recorded, I had the camera running in the background so I could read my intro notes, and it picked up the external mic just fine.
    Why may this be?

:)

DBreak78, Feb 26, 2021

2. Allow Messenger to use my camera and mic

I can not use messenger on my laptop as it does not recognize the camera and mic. I am in settings, privacy, camera but Messenger is not listed as one of the apps that can use my camera. I do not see how I can add that to the list. It's the same for microphone
    - no place to add Messenger.

I can only use Messenger on my cell phone to chat with camera.

Any suggestions to resolve my problem would be appreciated.

Norma

NormaHumphries, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Windows Phone Camera App: Recording Video with headset microphone instead of internal mic

Hello,

The phone only uses the built-in mic when recording videos on the Camera app. If you want to use an external mic when recording videos, it is best that you send this suggestion through Feedback Hub so our developers can work on it. To send a feedback on
    your phone, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to All apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    2. Open the Menu icon at the top left side.
    3. Select Feedback, then tap the Add button
      (+) at the top right side.
    4. Select Suggestion and provide the details needed in the box.
    5. Select the right category and then submit.

Let us know if you have any concerns.

3482be97-15ec-4271-be40-2f9a31b21207, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Camera app not recognizing external mic some of the time

Windows Phone Camera App: Recording Video with headset microphone instead of internal mic

I have been over EVERY THREAD about using external microphones on Windows Phone 10 and NONE have answered the question. I know my headset/microphone combo is compatible with the phone because I make and receive calls using it. The phone recognizes the mic
    just fine.

But the camera app does not, and there doesn't appear to be a setting/option for selecting an external microphone. This is ridiculous. If the phone recognizes and defaults to the external mic when the headset/mic combo is plugged in, why doesn't the camera
    app? Or, why no option for selecting which mic you want to use? This is so basic an oversight in software/ UI functionality it's laughable.

Or is there a hidden setting/option somewhere I am missing? How about a third party app that has this functionality?

Device is Alcatel Idol 4S, Win Phone 10

AttilaLendvai, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Camera app not recognizing external mic some of the time

1. Camera app not recognizing external mic some of the time - Similar Threads - Camera app recognizing

2. Camera App Not Recognizing Permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera App Not Recognizing Permission: My camera app keeps asking for permission to use the camera. Thing is, it already HAS permission. What gives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-not-recognizing-permission/c04f54c8-5b8f-4bce-ba4e-3b7dd3995d4f
  3. Camera App Not Recognizing Permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera App Not Recognizing Permission: My camera app keeps asking for permission to use the camera. Thing is, it already HAS permission. What gives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-not-recognizing-permission/c04f54c8-5b8f-4bce-ba4e-3b7dd3995d4f
  4. External mic being recognized as headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External mic being recognized as headphones: Hi, my external mic is constantly being recognized as headphones. I have tried updating my audio drivers, even reinstalling them but nothing seems to work. I currently use RealtekR Audio and I have this problem. I tried downloading Realtek HD Audio but when I did my...
  5. Mic & Camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic & Camera: My mic is not working for any apps, such as discord, nor is my camera. I have tried troubleshooting, restarting my computer, updating my sound settings, etc. I've done research and tried nearly everything, if anyone can help, please do....
  6. Sometime camera apps works and some time not.

Sometime camera apps works and some time not.: On starting up the laptop some time camera works and some time not. The working of camera app is random. And if once on startup if camera works it will keep on working until i shutdown the laptop and start it again later. And there is no pattern when camera app is going to...
  7. Webcam not recognized by Camera App

Webcam not recognized by Camera App: The Webcam I currently use is recognized is not recognized by the Camera App or any Browser. For some reason it works in Skype and Discord. The Error Message in the Windows Camera app is: 0xA00F4288 <AllCamerasAreReserved> I have no idea why this is happening. It happens...
  8. Camera & Mic

Camera & Mic: How can I test if newly installed camera and microphone work well on desktop using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-mic/3b49e998-11e4-410a-8b33-b932a2e42d7e
  9. External mic recognized as headphone.

External mic recognized as headphone.: Hi, I usually use my external mic to recording my tutorial. But suddenly my external mic dint pop up what used for device mic in, line in..... I found that it recognized as headphone. I tried to find the Realtek Audio Manager but failed to open. Another changes i found is...
  10. recognizing an external camera

recognizing an external camera: I have a levono carbon x1 I am trying to control an external camera. I have used two separate programs 1. Olympus capture 2. Backyard EOS. both use a USB connection to the camera neither program is able to interact with the camera. Is there a setting in windows that...