Windows 10: camera app not working for video

Discus and support camera app not working for video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The camera app freezes when I try to record video. It is fine for still images. It was working fine one day, then the next stopped working. When you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ReadingRocks1, Apr 14, 2020.

1. camera app not working for video

The camera app freezes when I try to record video. It is fine for still images. It was working fine one day, then the next stopped working.

When you try to record, the timer sometimes starts but the image freezes. Then when you click stop, nothing is saved.

I've tried resetting the app. I've tried roll back on update. I've tried running with no firewall to see if it's blocked. All no success!

The laptop is a Microsoft Surface

:)

ReadingRocks1, Apr 14, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 14, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Apr 14, 2020
  4. camera app not working for video

Windows Phone Camera App: Recording Video with headset microphone instead of internal mic

Hello,

The phone only uses the built-in mic when recording videos on the Camera app. If you want to use an external mic when recording videos, it is best that you send this suggestion through Feedback Hub so our developers can work on it. To send a feedback on
    your phone, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to All apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    2. Open the Menu icon at the top left side.
    3. Select Feedback, then tap the Add button
      (+) at the top right side.
    4. Select Suggestion and provide the details needed in the box.
    5. Select the right category and then submit.

Let us know if you have any concerns.

3482be97-15ec-4271-be40-2f9a31b21207, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

camera app not working for video

1. camera app not working for video - Similar Threads - camera app working

2. Camera and video not working in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera and video not working in Windows: My camera stopped working, as did my video on my computer. There isn't a visual of any sort, other than a big line through the camera icon. Video sound is working, but no visual. I had this issue a few years back but have forgotten how to fix it.I went to Settings, Privacy,...
  3. error code 0xA00F4293..... Camera app not working on video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error code 0xA00F4293..... Camera app not working on video: I had this issue and came across this thread error code 0xA00F4293..... Camera app not working on video - Microsoft Community that was locked so I couldn't contribute.I had installed another piece of software called Rode Connect only hours before noticing the camera not...
  4. Camera nor video is working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera nor video is working: Camera Error code is: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> 0x8007001F Video Capture Devices: FriendlyName: Integrated Camera Category: Camera SymbolicLink:...
  5. video camera stopped working

video camera stopped working: The video camera app on my laptop Windows 10 doesn't record video anymore. It works with photos but only "records" video files of 0 bytes. What can I do? It worked for several years before without a glitch....
  6. error code 0xA00F4293..... Camera app not working on video

error code 0xA00F4293..... Camera app not working on video: the camera app on my laptop has stopped working on video which in lockdown is a pain. Photo still works. Seemed to have worked through loads of solutions but none work.. HELP Have tried updating drivers; uninstalling and installing, but nothing works...
  7. video camera not working

video camera not working: Hi, i updated my windows to 10 recently and my camera is not working properly. Im using a4 tech pk-838g but my windows 10 detects it as vimicro 2.0 usb pc camera venus, my discord finds it as camera but doesn't show anything when im trying to use it, it stopped working before...
  8. video camera not working

video camera not working: video camera not working checked has current device driver. Do not know what else to chack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-camera-not-working/7c54ad4f-6505-401c-8f0f-4ef3b5756b89
  9. Camera and video not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera and video not working: Only recently have I needed to use the camera and video on my laptop only to find it doesn't work. I get a 'something went wrong' notice: 0xA00F425C<VideoCaptureFileCreationFailed>0x80270200 I've checked every setting a million times but to no avail. Yet, mysteriously and...
  10. Camera and video not working

Camera and video not working: I am a student and now that my university has all online classes , we are using Zoom to hold virtual classes which started today. I can see everyone and hear them. They can all hear me ,but not see me. Zoom says that they cannot detect a camera. I've look and I don't have a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to record video with camera app windows 10