Windows 10: camera app not working for video

Discus and support camera app not working for video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The camera app freezes when I try to record video. It is fine for still images. It was working fine one day, then the next stopped working. When you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ReadingRocks1, Apr 14, 2020.

1. camera app not working for video

The camera app freezes when I try to record video. It is fine for still images. It was working fine one day, then the next stopped working.

When you try to record, the timer sometimes starts but the image freezes. Then when you click stop, nothing is saved.

I've tried resetting the app. I've tried roll back on update. I've tried running with no firewall to see if it's blocked. All no success!

The laptop is a Microsoft Surface

:)

ReadingRocks1, Apr 14, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 14, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Apr 14, 2020
  4. camera app not working for video

Windows Phone Camera App: Recording Video with headset microphone instead of internal mic

Hello,

The phone only uses the built-in mic when recording videos on the Camera app. If you want to use an external mic when recording videos, it is best that you send this suggestion through Feedback Hub so our developers can work on it. To send a feedback on
    your phone, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to All apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    2. Open the Menu icon at the top left side.
    3. Select Feedback, then tap the Add button
      (+) at the top right side.
    4. Select Suggestion and provide the details needed in the box.
    5. Select the right category and then submit.

Let us know if you have any concerns.

3482be97-15ec-4271-be40-2f9a31b21207, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

camera app not working for video

1. camera app not working for video - Similar Threads - camera app working

2. video camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video camera not working: Hi, i updated my windows to 10 recently and my camera is not working properly. Im using a4 tech pk-838g but my windows 10 detects it as vimicro 2.0 usb pc camera venus, my discord finds it as camera but doesn't show anything when im trying to use it, it stopped working before...
  3. video camera not working

video camera not working: video camera not working checked has current device driver. Do not know what else to chack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-camera-not-working/7c54ad4f-6505-401c-8f0f-4ef3b5756b89
  4. Camera app is not working

Camera app is not working: Hi, My camera app is not working, its giving an error code:- 0xA00F4244. I went to device manager and searched the imaging device, their, I did not find any camera driver. So, I tried adding camera from "Add Legacy Hardware" but unable to install cemera as it was not...
  5. Camera app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app not working: I'm trying to record video using the camera app. When I click record it seems to be recording, the counter goes, although when I stop recording, the resulting video is only 1 second and has no audio. I can see also the files are always around 4MB, regardless of how long I...
  6. Camera and video not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera and video not working: Only recently have I needed to use the camera and video on my laptop only to find it doesn't work. I get a 'something went wrong' notice: 0xA00F425C<VideoCaptureFileCreationFailed>0x80270200 I've checked every setting a million times but to no avail. Yet, mysteriously and...
  7. Camera APP not working

Camera APP not working: My camera is not working. It does not show up in Device Manager, only on my list of APPs. Can I delete it and upload in again--or what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-not-working/c2e8d6d9-27d1-4c2e-ace7-3b2da85230fc
  8. Camera and video not working

Camera and video not working: I am a student and now that my university has all online classes , we are using Zoom to hold virtual classes which started today. I can see everyone and hear them. They can all hear me ,but not see me. Zoom says that they cannot detect a camera. I've look and I don't have a...
  9. Camera app not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera app not working: My camera app opens but just shows a black screen. I have a MSI MS-16P6 laptop. It is enabled in privacy settings and in MSI's SCM. I have updated the driver, uninstalled / reinstalled the driver, and uninstalled / reinstalled the app....
  10. Camera app not working.

Camera app not working.: My Microsoft camera app is not working in windows 10. it shows the message of permission to allow app in privacy settings. I have given permission to the app in privacy settings but still its showing the same message. please help.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to record video with camera app windows 10