Windows 10: Camera App not working, unable to take picture.

Discus and support Camera App not working, unable to take picture. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Unable to take a photo on My Surface Pro 7, I can take a video but not a photo. It comes up with this error code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Armaan Rai, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Camera App not working, unable to take picture.

Unable to take a photo on My Surface Pro 7, I can take a video but not a photo.

It comes up with this error code:

"0xA00F4292<PhotoCaptureStartTimeout>

Camera App not working, unable to take picture. a0cbacde-102f-43a6-86de-62294ed35336?upload=true.jpg

:)

Armaan Rai, Apr 6, 2021

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to open camera 0xa00F4271(0x8007001F)

Hi Jawad,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which troubleshooting steps are you referring to?
    • Does this issue occurs in any particular app e.g. Skype?

Try to use the camera on different apps or websites and check if it works fine. Refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Windows can't find or start the camera:

Camera doesn't work in Windows 10

Do let us know if you are able to use Camera. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Camera App not working, unable to take picture.

When I take a photo of myself with my laptop camera, what directory is it placed in?

By default, your pictures should appear in your Pictures\Camera Roll folder. If they aren't there, follow these steps to figure out where they are being saved:

1. Take a picture with the camera app.
    2. Click the thumbnail of the picture you just took at the bottom right of the app.
    3. When the photo viewer opens, click the three dots (...) at the top right and select "File Info".

A panel will then appear and it will tell you the directory where your picture is located.

If you created your account picture by going to your account settings and then selecting "create your picture -> camera", then the picture will not have been stored in your camera roll. It will be located in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures as mentioned by @kicken.

Alex Myers, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Camera App not working, unable to take picture.

1. Camera App not working, unable to take picture. - Similar Threads - Camera App working

2. laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures: laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures. Camera app re-installed; driver re-installed; laptop re-started.I can't find a way to attach the screenshot recommended; it just shows a black screen with a 'viewfinder window', which dances around....
  3. laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures: laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures. Camera app re-installed; driver re-installed; laptop re-started.I can't find a way to attach the screenshot recommended; it just shows a black screen with a 'viewfinder window', which dances around....
  4. laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. camera does not take picture or video

camera does not take picture or video: The camera is not working, only seeing a black screen when app is open... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-take-picture-or-video/25bbff3a-5cd1-46d3-be82-8eba8d63dec2
  6. Camera app, taking a picture results in PhotoCaptureStartTimeout, recording video works fine?

Camera app, taking a picture results in PhotoCaptureStartTimeout, recording video works fine?: I'm encountering a strange problem on my Surface Go Pentium 4415Y - 8GB ram running Windows 10 Home 21H1 - build 19043.1052.If I open up the Windows Camera app the cam turns on and my webcam is working fine both front and back. However, when I click the 'take a picture'...
  7. Camera Not taking picture.

Camera Not taking picture.: Hi, I am not able to use Camera in my Laptop. If I open Camera App, front camera is recognized light started glowing, I could Front camera facing message on screen but when I click take photo button , some click sound is coming and it is NOT capturing photo. I have...
  8. Built in camera takes grainy pictures

Built in camera takes grainy pictures: My built in camera on my laptop takes grainy pictures, windows 10. How can this be fixed. Below is the specs of my laptop. TY Toshiba Satellite L55-C5272 Operating Systems Windows 10 hard drive capacity- 1 TB processor speed- 2.2 GHz processor brand- Intel processor type-...
  9. camera app that supports taking picture at fixed resolution

camera app that supports taking picture at fixed resolution: I am looking for a camera app that allows me to set the maximum resolution of the pictures being taken. The stock windows 10 camera app always takes a picture at the maximum resolution of the camera (3264x1836) so the resulting files are large. I have to take the pictures and...
  10. camera app that supports taking picture at fixed resolution

camera app that supports taking picture at fixed resolution: Samuria I have looked through the windows store using camera app as the search term. I see 445 apps. I see lots of PIP, blenders, add funny things like bunny or cat ears to the picture. Other than camera alternative, I haven't seen any apps that control the camera, other...