Windows 10: Camera app not working

Discus and support Camera app not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to record video using the camera app. When I click record it seems to be recording, the counter goes, although when I stop recording, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hyper Dounut, May 20, 2020.

1. Camera app not working

I'm trying to record video using the camera app. When I click record it seems to be recording, the counter goes, although when I stop recording, the resulting video is only 1 second and has no audio. I can see also the files are always around 4MB, regardless of how long I tried to record for. I already reasted and unstailing it and instailing it back but it still dosn't work. Any idea how to fix this?

:)

Hyper Dounut, May 20, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, May 20, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, May 20, 2020
  4. Camera app not working

WINDOWS 10 CAMERA APP NOT WORKING

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

If you are referring to the Camera app then, I suggest you to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows Powershell and reinstall using Windows Store. Follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the
      search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Camera app.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Camera app form the Windows Store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Camera app and webcams help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Camera app not working

1. Camera app not working - Similar Threads - Camera app working

2. Camera app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera app not working: The camera app is just working fine yesterday but today all I can see is grey. I turned on the camera in my laptop and ensure that there is no blocker on it. Again, it is working yesterday. Tried to update Windows and still no help. I tried the repair and reset in settings...
  3. Camera app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app not working: The camera app is just working fine yesterday but today all I can see is grey. I turned on the camera in my laptop and ensure that there is no blocker on it. Again, it is working yesterday. Tried to update Windows and still no help. I tried the repair and reset in settings...
  4. Camera app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera app not working: Yesterday I had a tech replace the top of my laptop and now my camera app is malfunctioning. Best I can tell it's the app and not the hardware. The camera app is not allowed to be uninstalled in the control panel. "0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0X800703E3" was my first...
  5. Camera app not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera app not working: i have a new laptop which is 2 months old. I have not encountered any problems until i update my laptop which is windows 10 then my camera started not appearing and not working . I tried to find solution here and still not working , then after an hour searching for solution...
  6. Camera app not working

Camera app not working: My web camera is not working. I am getting the below error Windows Camera App error code 0xA00F4244. Can anyone help resolve my issue Regards, Hemanshu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-not-working/b6fd8f99-67d2-4e02-b7c2-6fd8614d085e
  7. Camera App not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera App not working: Hi, My camera app is not working for Microsoft Teams. Error message "Your video is not working. trying unplugging and plugging your webcam" Privacy settings are ok...
  8. Camera app is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera app is not working: Hi, My camera app is not working, its giving an error code:- 0xA00F4244. I went to device manager and searched the imaging device, their, I did not find any camera driver. So, I tried adding camera from "Add Legacy Hardware" but unable to install cemera as it was not...
  9. Camera APP not working

Camera APP not working: My camera is not working. It does not show up in Device Manager, only on my list of APPs. Can I delete it and upload in again--or what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-not-working/c2e8d6d9-27d1-4c2e-ace7-3b2da85230fc
  10. Camera app not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera app not working: My camera app opens but just shows a black screen. I have a MSI MS-16P6 laptop. It is enabled in privacy settings and in MSI's SCM. I have updated the driver, uninstalled / reinstalled the driver, and uninstalled / reinstalled the app....